Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The stories carried on after the pregnancy test pictures, she went on to say that she had a miscarriage on Boxing Day. She was posting highlights from 2020 not a pregnancy reveal
What did they say exactly? Did she mention why she did it that way, was it to raise awareness for miscarriages? If so she should’ve kept them up but understand would be awful to start receiving happy messages as people clicked through - really odd to delete straight away you think you would think long and hard before sharing something so personal. I think she is obviously going through something. I think she also reads here quite often.

Aw I feel for her I think she misjudged the way she did it because she obviously must have started receiving congratulations messages before people clicked through to the stories
I think a lot of people will have mistaken it for a pregnancy announcement, maybe that’s why she’s deleted her account if people had started sending her messages it probably became overwhelming.

What did they say exactly? Did she mention why she did it that way, was it to raise awareness for miscarriages? If so she should’ve kept them up but understand would be awful to start receiving happy messages as people clicked through - really odd to delete straight away you think you would think long and hard before sharing something so personal. I think she is obviously going through something. I think she also reads here quite often.
Can’t remember exactly but she mentioned something along the lines of that everyone was posting their positive highlights of 2020, she wanted to show her highs and lows of the year as it’s been a tit time for a lot of people

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I do think it’s a very odd way to share the news but each to their own and all the best to them. They obviously really want a baby and painted the nursery etc in preparation while they were obviously trying so very sad for them. I do think it is strange way to share such personal news and then even sadder that she’s instantly regretted it and deleted it all.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Absolutely Heartbroken for her.
I went through infertility for years.
I can’t imagine doing her job whilst experiencing a miscarriage.
What a crappy end to 2020 :(

Also everyone deals and shares this stuff differently and no one should be judged for that.
I was always open about my journey. I posted it all over my social media. It helped me process and deal with it. My husband was private and told nobody, he never begrudged me sharing what we were going though as he knew it was cathartic for me.
I know people that have never shared it openly that they’ve gone through infertility.
Everyone is different.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I didn't see the stories but just caught up on here. That's really sad. I thought they must be trying as she went through a really random phase of buying teddies and rabbits. I'm really sad for her x

Reactions: 4
Absolutely Heartbroken for her.
I went through infertility for years.
I can’t imagine doing her job whilst experiencing a miscarriage.
What a crappy end to 2020 :(

Also everyone deals and shares this stuff differently and no one should be judged for that.
I was always open about my journey. I posted it all over my social media. It helped me process and deal with it. My husband was private and told nobody, he never begrudged me sharing what we were going though as he knew it was cathartic for me.
I know people that have never shared it openly that they’ve gone through infertility.
Everyone is different.
I agree. How she has chosen to share this is up to her, she’s opened up about her mental health before on her stories and if she finds it cathartic doing the same about something that’s happened to her body then she should be allowed to do that without judgement on her own page. I’m not trying to moderate others on here but I do think how someone personally chooses to react or announce a miscarriage should be their decision and that should be respected when she’s obviously going through a tough time of it right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Wow, can't believe how many judgemental comments on here as you just don't know how you'd react as it's such an individual situation. It must be horrible going through a miscarriage in her line of work and with the covid lockdown meaning she won't be able to have friends/family to support her the way she would have had if it wasn't. She's one of a few Instagram accounts I genuinely enjoy following as she does keep it pretty real and is transparent unlike many others. I hope she's okay, I did think she might be pregnant, especially with the nursery

Reactions: 11
When she said they were having issues, I wondered what might be going on. A quick look at his page for clues I felt was quite revealing. He follows the pages of just about every super skinny, olive skinned, busty brunette celebrity you can think of. He's certainly got a type, and it's not a mousey, fair skinned salt of the earth midwife. Feel quite sorry for her as she's clearly a lovely girl and while I know most men go through a phase in their younger years, by the time you're moved in and planning a wedding (and a baby!) you'd like them to have grown out of those kind of notions. All a bit embarrassing really, she deserves better.

Clearly a very difficult time for her but I am also puzzled at the way this has been handled. I agree a problem shared can be cathartic, but share with your friends, share with your family. Some things, especially while so fresh, are best kept personal. Once it's out there, you can't take it back. To make it public, literally days after it has happened. I don't know, is this news that needs to be shared, is sharing this of emotional benefit to her or is it just about the followers? I don't like to be a cynic, but there's a difference between sharing renovation tips with strangers and sharing your deepest personal details. I worry for the Instagram generation who don't seem to understand the boundary. It seems perhaps she has realised this having taken the posts down, but as others have said, each to their own. I wish her well.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
When she said they were having issues, I wondered what might be going on. A quick look at his page for clues I felt was quite revealing. He follows the pages of just about every super skinny, olive skinned, busty brunette celebrity you can think of. He's certainly got a type, and it's not a mousey, fair skinned salt of the earth midwife. Feel quite sorry for her as she's clearly a lovely girl and while I know most men go through a phase in their younger years, by the time you're moved in and planning a wedding (and a baby!) you'd like them to have grown out of those kind of notions. All a bit embarrassing really, she deserves better.

Clearly a very difficult time for her but I am also puzzled at the way this has been handled. I agree a problem shared can be cathartic, but share with your friends, share with your family. Some things, especially while so fresh, are best kept personal. Once it's out there, you can't take it back. To make it public, literally days after it has happened. I don't know, is this news that needs to be shared, is sharing this of emotional benefit to her or is it just about the followers? I don't like to be a cynic, but there's a difference between sharing renovation tips with strangers and sharing your deepest personal details. I worry for the Instagram generation who don't seem to understand the boundary. It seems perhaps she has realised this having taken the posts down, but as others have said, each to their own. I wish her well.
Not entirely sure what you’re insinuating at, but I’m pretty sure the issue was regarding her fertility. Not really appropriate to make these assumptions about her relationship when she’s literally just had a miscarriage. I’d hate to think she’d read some of these comments, give her a break.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think you're misinterpreting my comment. Yes, I agree, she obviously wasn't hinting at what I assumed she might be and as they look like they have a very strong relationship I was obviously way off the mark! That's the trouble with putting out vague comments about having 'problems' on Instagram, people (like me) will get the wrong end of the stick. I don't recall her saying she had fertility issues, I must have missed that. Also she definitely said she doesn't look at Tattle otherwise I wouldn't have posted that (too late to edit now). Like I said, wishing her well at this difficult time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Can we establish that fertility issues and miscarriages are two seperate things. She has never once said she had fertility issues (that I have seen anyway) Being a midwife she obviously knows that pregnancy may not happen quickly and probably started ttc before her wedding. It's still sad of course but it isn't the same.

Reactions: 6
All the celebrities I “fancy” don’t look like my husband. I don’t think that means our relationship is doomed 😂 Unless Zac Efron is on his way to pick me up of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I know I felt bad for her too. She looked like she was trying to be brave. My heart goes out to her x

Reactions: 4
The room was far too crowded with all the sofas but I'd have kept the other one. I hate that stripey thing. Soz if you have it.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.