Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
actually most end up here because this thread was started over adverts and transparency. I didn’t mention her generalisations of tattle because honestly what’s the point?! Instagrammer moans about tattle, tattler moans about instagrammer moaning about tattle and on and on it goes. It’s all a very round argument and isn’t really worth getting into.
Fair enough, I’ll put my hands up that yes the first page is mostly about ads and transparency, but most people are agreeing that they do think she’s transparent.
I do think her thread would have died out almost immediately had she not mentioned it on her stories and accused tattle of being a site to call babies ugly and only make derogatory comments.

Reactions: 3
Hmmm I can't make my mind up about Jodie. I do like her but did go off her when she done the Readly ad. Everyone and their granny was doing it on insta and it didn't seem authentic at all. Can't imagine anyone paying for online subscriptions when therrs a world full of reading online for free. Maybe that's just me.

I also think for a reno acc she should put the midwifery chat to one side.
With regards the Readly app, she had the ad on her grid and I commented that libraries offer pretty much the same content for free if you’re a member thinking it’d be deleted as it would take away from the subscription ad but she engaged with me and said it was a good point. So she’s not blindly flogging stuff and commenting because she’s been paid to.

I really like her and was so delighted for her when she paid off her first credit card. I’ve followed her for two or more years and the progress on their house has been slow so you know they’re paying for the majority themselves and her dad and fiancé do the vast majority of the work themselves. It’s not like they’re MOD and FOD who got gifted everything for their renovation

Reactions: 15
I do think her thread would have died out almost immediately had she not mentioned it on her stories and accused tattle of being a site to call babies ugly and only make derogatory comments.
Already had died.

First post - 23rd October
Second post - 24th October
Third post - 27th October
Fourth post - 28th October

Then nothing until she mentioned Tattle today.

Hinch must have been shitting herself with that level of competition.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
So cringe that she’s on stories crying about it! Why don’t you follow your own advice Jodie and unfollow/not look! I actually quite enjoyed her posts until now and all the self pity. Woe is me.

Reactions: 4
I feel bad for starting the thread because my intention was never to be a cow and upset her personally. It was the Aldi ad and the crap aisle that did it for me. And it’s because she is normally so refreshing that it was ffs another one, really?
this is a thread that is one of those to vent about influencers and when you have such an open profile it’s going to happen and if I hadn’t started it, maybe someone else would have.

Jodie I’m sorry it’s upset you, as someone else who is paying off debt having a paid for Aldi aisle spree narked me, because it’s not relatable when you talk about using it for covering your debt, it highlights a kind of privileged influencer lifestyle that takes away that relatability.

ps, never ever would I be nasty about a baby, there’s some tits on here but the majority i’ve come across aren’t like that.

Reactions: 9
I actually like her. She is relatable in terms of working a full time job, doing a renovation bit by bit as money allows and with her honesty about her finances.

The ads do not bother me, she makes it clear it’s an advertisement. They are usually things in keeping with her account. It’s harmless to me. Fairplay if it enables her to pay her debts off quicker.

I have sent her the odd message and she has always replied. Even recently with a larger following.

What I don’t agree with is the way she is now complaining that people who don’t know her are commenting on her life. She cant have it both ways - that’s the nature of it sadly! Either put your life online and brush off the comments or keep your life private and don’t have people gossip!

• Heart
At the end of the day not everyone is going to like everyone. One person will find her nice and another person will say she’s “transparent” I bloody love her though ngl. Esp when I compare her to bloody Stacey Solomon and hinch. That’s what you call fake. Ages ago I did see proper nasty comments about Ronnie hinch. Proper disgusting ones. And tbf the majority of the people on the hinch thread shut the comments down. I do feel proper bad on Jodie though. But saying that , that’s why I’d never want a big following because you’re kind of putting your self out there for negative comments 😔

Reactions: 4
bitter much?! She won it in a competition but you automatically think it’s because of her followers?! You have no proof it was that!! I bet you were one of those out clapping for the NHS every Thursday yet as soon as a hard working midwife wins a wedding dress in a competition for NHS workers you immediately think it’s because of an Instagram following and trash her for it!!
I’m not bitter at all 🤣
Just sick of her pity party. You can’t take all the good bits and then run away and claim you aren’t an influencer when you get a bad comment.

• Heart
I don’t mind her but I don’t find her ‘debt’ relatable at all.. she seems to live a very comfortable life in a nice big house that she’s renovating whilst also planning a wedding forever buying things but banging on about how skint she is? Her ‘cheap purchases’ from vintage shops seem really expensive to me 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I unfollowed her after her Tattle moan.
“We didn’t have any furniture” finished me off in regards to her justifying her free £1500 sofa, there’s kids out there without a bed to sleep in. twit!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I unfollowed her after her Tattle moan.
“We didn’t have any furniture” finished me off in regards to her justifying her free £1500 sofa, there’s kids out there without a bed to sleep in. twit!
I didn’t even know she was on tattle until she said

Reactions: 6
I didn’t even know she was on tattle until she said
Same. I like Jodie but the self pity rant was unnecessary and just bought more attention to the thread that was, in the main, people saying they liked her. She would do better to just own the fact that she got a free sofa instead of trying to justify it.

• Heart
Imagine getting into bed without bedsheets on your duvet!! Proper Instagram scummy mummy stuff right there

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don't think she's a member here - sounds like she was just sent screenshots of what was being said about her. All four posts 😂

Reactions: 1
It’s not just the Ads though is it? It’s the free sofas and wedding dresses etc that’s when they lose the interest of their followers. Fair enough she said the wedding dress was from a competition but really? They probably picked her because of her followers.
She’s a midwife. She deserves a free sofa and a wedding dress. I don’t begrudge her them at all and I really like her. I think she’s a breath of fresh air. We have very different tastes but I stay for her stories. I think she’s hilarious.

I like her but her page is boring now. She isn't actually doing any renovations and I find the midwife talk boring.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.