Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually like her! I’ve messaged her and asked “how did you do that?” and she’s replied (a while ago before she got as big as she is now mind). She literally says look I’m doing this ad for money, thanks for watching. It’s not a hidden thing, I do wonder if the companies like that from her but hey, I like the honesty! I also enjoy that she has a real job and actually pays for things herself like us normal people. Yes she got a free sofa that I’ll be honest I don’t think entirely matches her living room but it’s not my house! If she likes it then good on her, enjoy that free sofa. And she has always been open about doing the reno herself/with partner/family help. I’d love it if my reno would move as quickly as hers but unfortunately myself and my partner can’t even paint neatly. I don’t usually stick up for influencers but I genuinely believe she isn’t one, her account took off and she’s using it to her advantage but isn’t letting it get to her head, giving up her job and living on 20 adverts a day and free holidays like some other threads I follow! Good on her.

Reactions: 15
I think she's very honest and she doesn't do as many ads as some. I think she's honest when she's feeling tit as well. I've found her debt advice really interesting too especially the way she budgets (£1 a day into a savings account etc) and she inspired me. I also like the way her renovation has been done organically rather than paying builders and her fella is so hands on some of her tips have been fab. Then she kept her debt talk to a minimum during the first major lockdown and wasn't put shopping like the rest of them. I really like her.
Although she has far too many sofas in that living room 😂

Reactions: 12
I like Jodie, I find her refreshing and love her attitude to Insta. Her ads are clearly marked (unlike others) which is refreshing.

I quite like her. I think she comes across as a bit of a mean girl at times. I’ve never had a response to any messages I’ve sent but guess she’s busy working. My only real complaint is she doesn’t subtitle her stories so I never have a clue what’s she’s saying!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
We didn’t have any furniture is such a cop out response. There’s families who have jack tit and they have to suffer and do without.
Saying we call babies ugly is just wrong. This is a gossip site, we don’t all hate.

Reactions: 2
I really like Jodie, I’ve never had any issue with her ads (although I do disapprove of ads like her aldi one, where the wording insinuates they’ve paid for the product when clearly they haven’t), and I was delighted for her winning the wedding dress.

However, what I do have an issue with is people who tarnish this whole site by saying all we do is say the most horrific things. Most of us do not in fact say derogatory or untrue things (I know I’ve called out users who say things that are cruel and add nothing to a discussion, and I’ve also seen others do it), we are allowed an opinion on things you put in a public forum and the reason tattle exists is because if you ever question an instagrammer on their own page, a mob of their loyal fans descends on you and they are often vicious and out for blood. Ironic, no? But that is often ok by the instagrammer, I question their morals when they are fine with their fans doing the very thing they condemn.

There’s also a huge number of threads that don’t discuss any influencers, bloggers, vloggers, etc and they are a lifesaver to read and connect with other people during lockdown.

I will never understand why you do what you do, I have zero interest in sharing my life online for the judgement of others (positive or negative), but you are benefitting from doing so with ads and free items, so I’d implore you to decide whether the trade off is worth it.

• Heart
Jodie I have never called or seen anyone call anyones child ugly and i dont consider myself to be spreading hate and lies . Is it just influencers that can lie then and spread hate ?

Going on and on about people on Tattle trying to justify themselves yet failing to acknowledge the irony of spending all morning (now going into the afternoon) justifying herself 🤔

It was just a few posts questioning your ad content and how you equate being on a mission to clear debt whilst seemingly encouraging others to spend. It's hardly a whipped up, vicious, hate fuelled, venom spewing mob is it? Jesus Christ.

If you really are that thin skinned Jodie, you need to get off social media and sharing your life online because you clearly cannot take even the tiniest amount of criticism. And there have been a lot of positive posts about you on here before - you really are doing yourself no favours with this all day pity party for one.

Reactions: 8
There’s plenty of vitriolic people on Instagram, why would you want to surround yourself with those people? Why would you want to be on a website like that?

I am not responsible for others posts on this website, just as you are not responsible for others posts on Instagram. I do not blame you for hatred I see on Instagram, so don’t blame individuals for hatred you see here.

Once again, instagrammers very often do not see the irony in their points.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Why do influencers look at a tiny portion of this site and then say that we call babies ugly?! This site is massive and we don't just talk about influencers. I, like most of you all, look at the covid 19 threads, the advice threads, the TV threads. We aren't all sitting here bitching about influencers. Get a grip!
And clearly the first person who told her she has a thread here is lurker. Lurking doesn't make you any better!

Reactions: 7
I really like her and how honest she is and have found her house renovation really interesting however....i found it extremely strange how she kept saying how much debt they had and how little money they had etc etc and then went to Orlando and went to alllll the parks! Florida is a once in a lifetime kind of trip that people save up for for years and she just booked it and went?! That really made me think differently of her spending habits as Orlando isn’t exactly like a cheap and cheerful trip to Benidorm...

I really like Jodie. I think she's very transparent with ads and she seems more honest than most.

I think she's got it wrong by posting about her thread when she had 3 posts, none of which are that bad. She has spoken about influencer culture before so knows how people can feel about it, but has taken it badly now people have classed her in the same boat. I think she probably should have had a moan to friends about this thread and left it at that.

The one thing that irritates me about influencers is not understanding the 'price' of their following. The vast majority of her followers really like her and she gets a few ads from it and their support and kind words. Nothing comes without it's negative points, a tiny percent of people don't like her. That's how life works. I think if you accept the lovely bits (free stuff and followers praising you - things non influencers don't get) then you have to understand that some people won't like you and might even post that online (you know just like the millions of comments on your online insta page from your followers saying how wonderful you are). I actually think Jodie is better than most though and after a short while she will get that, just ignore this page and get on with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Hmmm I can't make my mind up about Jodie. I do like her but did go off her when she done the Readly ad. Everyone and their granny was doing it on insta and it didn't seem authentic at all. Can't imagine anyone paying for online subscriptions when therrs a world full of reading online for free. Maybe that's just me.

I also think for a reno acc she should put the midwifery chat to one side.

Reactions: 3
Another Jodie lover over here too. Ive followed her for a couple of years and I’ve loved watching her reno and her stories - just because you’re in debt doesn’t mean you can’t spend in primark - you’ve got to live life too.

Arguing with members, we're not here to fight each other either ignore a user or respectfully disagree - Please read our rules and why they're important
It’s not just the Ads though is it? It’s the free sofas and wedding dresses etc that’s when they lose the interest of their followers. Fair enough she said the wedding dress was from a competition but really? They probably picked her because of her followers.
bitter much?! She won it in a competition but you automatically think it’s because of her followers?! You have no proof it was that!! I bet you were one of those out clapping for the NHS every Thursday yet as soon as a hard working midwife wins a wedding dress in a competition for NHS workers you immediately think it’s because of an Instagram following and trash her for it!!

I really like her too. I get the whole wanting people to like you thing but I drew the line when she (without reading anything else on this site) told her however many followers that people should be allowed a platform to discuss other influencers and then said we call babies ugly.
So a platform or not? But only for the other influencers she thinks are terrible it seems.

Reactions: 5
I like Jodie, I feel she’s very transparent in comparison to other influencers.

If anything I’d encourage her to do more ads 😂 why not, if it helps them pay off their debt quicker and have a nice wedding. I also believe she’s helping opening up the conversation around debt, which is great.

I don’t agree with everything she says or does (I.G stories from the toilet and going out without brushing her teeth), but im sure she wouldn’t agree with everything I do (picking my nose, and leaving lids off jars).

Plus she’s a midwife, and those ladies are amazing 🤍 she bloody deserves a free wedding dress for that!

Whether you agree with her ads or disagree, I would say the one thing she definitely is, is transparent. In my opinion she is doing a good thing discussing her debt so openly. She’s always been open on how she pays for things and she really doesn’t have to be. She clearly marks her ads and there are hardly any in the grand scheme of the influncer/Instagram world, I mean I’ve seen some who advertise over 5 adverts in a week compared to hers being over a number of years!

Reactions: 9
Whether you agree with her ads or disagree, I would say the one thing she definitely is, is transparent. In my opinion she is doing a good thing discussing her debt so openly. She’s always been open on how she pays for things and she really doesn’t have to be. She clearly marks her ads and there are hardly any in the grand scheme of the influncer/Instagram world, I mean I’ve seen some who advertise over 5 adverts in a week compared to hers being over a number of years!
Did I say she wasn’t transparent? Or did I merely point out the hypocrisy in her argument against tattle?

I really like her too. I get the whole wanting people to like you thing but I drew the line when she (without reading anything else on this site) told her however many followers that people should be allowed a platform to discuss other influencers and then said we call babies ugly.
So a platform or not? But only for the other influencers she thinks are terrible it seems.
This is what has absolutely riled me up from her stories today. You cannot say I agree with questioning THESE influencers, but not me, because I’m not a real influencer.
No I’m sorry, if you choose to take on paid ads and receive free goods in exchange for your number of followers you are an influencer and therefore people will have opinions on you.
Do I think every boss I’ve had liked me as a person? Hell no. Does that mean they were a troll? Also no. They were entitled to their opinion even if they kept me around purely based on my performance rather than my personality.

Now who’s triggered! Someone else on this thread said she wasn’t transparent, I never quoted your post 🤷🏻‍♀️
My love, I have never been triggered in my life. It’s a discussion forum, therefore you discuss.
You are defending her because she’s transparent. You’ll notice most, if not all, of us are stating we know she’s transparent, but what brought us here today was her sweeping generalisations about what tattle is about.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.