Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm finding her talking about her ttc journey quite honest and refreshing. I haven't listened to the miscarriage igtvs yet as it's a trigger. Has anyone else? I have to say I am here for this realism she is giving us at the moment x

Reactions: 8
I'm finding her talking about her ttc journey quite honest and refreshing. I haven't listened to the miscarriage igtvs yet as it's a trigger. Has anyone else? I have to say I am here for this realism she is giving us at the moment x
I listened yesterday. Its not a trigger for me, she was honest and open and I admire Jody for that.
When you’re ready I would say its worth listening to.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I found parts of it a little upsetting as I had an early miscarriage last year.
(I was lucky enough to then be able to conceive again a few months afterwards which I think is maybe why I can handle listening to it and it’s not TOO triggering for me).
I actually really admire her for speaking openly about it. It’s not a comfortable conversation to have and a lot of people don’t like talking or hearing about it, but with how common it is I think it’s important to have these conversations openly! I knew how common it was when it happened to me, but just knowing it’s common didn’t help, it’s still a very lonely place and you feel like no one will understand or want to hear about it. Especially if you hadn’t even told anyone yet in the first place that you were pregnant it’s hard to know how to bring it up.
If watching her videos helps just one or two people open up and talk about their experience then I think it’s a job well done. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I admire her so much for speaking out. She handled herself so well.

I also remember being surrounded by pregnant ladies whilst I was undergoing some tests during my Ivf rounds and it was so so hard.

Reactions: 6
Today she said she took a weeks break from insta because everyone was announcing their pregnancy and it was pissing her off - which s strange considering she is a midwife

Reactions: 2
Today she said she took a weeks break from insta because everyone was announcing their pregnancy and it was pissing her off - which s strange considering she is a midwife
I imagine that her work is something she has mentally prepared herself for and can deal with, although it must be difficult.
Babies and pregnant ladies are an unavoidable part of the career she chose so she has learnt to deal with that.
Seeing pregnancies on social media is an avoidable trigger for her and probably the “icing on the cake” so to speak, I can understand why she took some time away from it.

Reactions: 14
On Instagram a baby announcement it’s more of a dream vision if that makes sense, the cute baby grow and the scan picture etc. At work you can switch off to a degree and focus on the care.

Reactions: 6
I want to know if shes telling the tax man about their side hussle?

Easily reported since so much of her life is available on instagram including address because she let's everyone see the front of her house. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
She just posted loads of stories about selling her house and hopefully getting pregnant now they’ve all gone and there’s just a q&a 🤔

I feel bad for saying this as quite honestly I've been lucky enough to not feel desperate to conceive. But I am actually quite worried about her approach to TTC its so obsessive. It's still very early days and she's having fertility reflexology and taking so many supplements she probably rattles. I think she needs to be careful she doesn't make herself really unwell (I do understand she MC and the heartbreak of that)

Reactions: 7
I feel bad for saying this as quite honestly I've been lucky enough to not feel desperate to conceive. But I am actually quite worried about her approach to TTC its so obsessive. It's still very early days and she's having fertility reflexology and taking so many supplements she probably rattles. I think she needs to be careful she doesn't make herself really unwell (I do understand she MC and the heartbreak of that)
I’ll get shot down for saying this but I think she’s being OTT, should scrap it all and just have sex when she wants to.

I’ll get shot down for saying this but I think she’s being OTT, should scrap it all and just have sex when she wants to.
That's how most people do it!!! Also creating a load of pressure is proven to make it more difficult to conceive

I agree - I do feel quite sorry for her, she clearly putting a HUGE amount of pressure on herself to conceive…the amount of stress she’s putting herself through can’t be helping

Have to say I do agree with the previous comments re the TTC journey. Remember from Babycentre days how obsessed TTC boards could be.

My heart does genuinely go out to her, I’ve had an MMC after a perfectly straightforward 1st pregnancy, before going onto have my 2nd child....so I get the head space of ‘why didn’t my body just work how it should work?’.
But I also think to myself she’s still in 20s, give it a bit of time and nature will hopefully just take its course. Shag your partner pretty repeatedly until you have success.
Of course if a certain period of time has passed and still no joy then by all means seek out help. But currently I think she’s making herself more anxious and stressed.

Must be hard in her line of work though, maybe it stems more from forever being around pregnant ladies and babies than anything else?

If she were my friend I’d probably have said maybe she needs to take some time of work from stress

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.