Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nickgrimshaw

I know it's only a kids jumper for £1.00.. but c'mon doll 😬 it takes less than 3 seconds to retake a picture 🤦🏻‍♀️

IMG_20240523_102528.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
Just received this message about 3 hours after her offer. Like… Okay? I really want the full asking price? What a weirdo
IMG_3314.jpeg

• Haha

Forallthoseasking

When people list an item as "New with Tags" but are WEARING THE DRESS IN THE PHOTO. I am done with it. This girl literally has a dress I want listed at £20 less than the retailer website (a £150 dress, she's got it for 130) and the front photo is her wearing it at a bar.

SS has clearly kept the tags on for her big night at all bar one 😭

• Haha
  • Wow

SunshineRae

VIP Member
So basically free? Also isn’t reselling as a business frowned upon on Vinted?
So by the time you’ve sold a 20p baby item and used a 10p postage bag, your ink to print the label and your time and effort to package it and take it to the locker, you’ve made how much?? A negative figure. I know the point is that they’ll buy more than one item, but even 20 items at 20p is only £4. I’d rather put them in the rag bag at the charity shop.

iieee

VIP Member
Who cares if it's ironed, it goes straight in the wash on a long cycle 😅

Honestly people treat Vinted like their own little business 🙈
Haha the people on the Facebook group who think they're influencers because they send in pink temu bags with a free soap they took from a hotel crack me up.

The last thing I ironed was hama beads, sorry bitches.

• Haha
  • Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Is this SS behaviour? I have over 50 items to list that have been in storage. They were washed then put away in vac pack bags for about 2 years. I’ve come to accept that I won’t get back to that size for a long while at the current dieting success rate so here is my Ss question. They smell a bit musty from being stored, I don’t have time to wash so it would it be shitty to list?
Or do you have a sure fire way of getting rid of the smell?
Washing them would definitely be quicker than dealing with loads of return requests/bad feedback that your clothes stink, IMO

Reactions: 16

cowtastrophe

Chatty Member
I‘ve just taken delivery of a gorgeous, immaculate Me&Em maxi dress bought for £75 which was retailed at £295. Absolute bargain and it hides nearly all my fat bits.

• Heart
  • Wow

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
Someone bought a pair of shorts from me 2 days ago and then sent me a message yesterday saying ''send these now as I go away next week''

Why are people so effing cheeky?! I don't expect you to have a full-on conversation with me but a hello or a please/thank you might be nice.
The thing is, they were posted yesterday morning, the tracking just takes a little while to update when it's Evri, otherwise, I'd have probably cancelled the order as I'm a petty cow 😂

on a happier note, I've just been letting my balance build up, currently got £76 on there with a further £25 pending but then I went to Primark this morning as I had the morning off and spent £60 so... 😂

• Wow

uberoblique

Chatty Member
I’ve been on the war path this morning. So bloody sick of searching for new with tags/new without tags and in the description the SS has stated “I wore this once but it’s perfect!”

Reported them all to Vinted and all of my reports have been upheld 💪

Curly Top

VIP Member
For the last few months I’ve been making a Vinted pile it’s now more like a mountain! Trying to find the energy to steam, hang, photograph and write up the items. My bank balance will thank me but my god it feels like such an effort - I know you will feel my pain!
It is quite time consuming checking over clothes, ironing them, arranging them somewhere where the light is good and there is no mess and then putting them in the right category and describing them. Then the waiting and then - if your items are of interest - questions and requests for more photos. Next there may be offers, which if they are not too low I might accept, and then nothing.
It is tempting to just leave them in the wardrobe or take to a charity shop but every now and then a TT makes a sale, which does feel good 🤩

uokhun92

Chatty Member
Lord some of the ‘worn once’ very good condition items, like worn once for what, fucking tough mudder 😂

• Haha

soph30

VIP Member
Ordered some baby vests, brand new still in the pack but they are absolutely honking of smoke. Should I leave a bad review? Lol
There was chat on the Vinted Facebook group about some parcel bags smelling of smoke, or the Evri etc guy might have been smoking and the smell got through. I’d bring it up with the seller maybe :)
---
Bought this dress, bnwt. Absolute bargain so snapped it up without really looking.
Just going over the photos and this is in the background. Getting hoarder next door vibes, maybe Stacey Solomon is there sorting out the house and this in the sell pile
Well I won’t send you the dress if you’re going to be horrible about my house 😡

• Haha

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Yeah I reported one that said used a few times but condition as new without tags and they said it doesn't violate anything.

Also annoys me cause lots of people have pictures from the shop websites as their main photo for the items, the items are up even for weeks, but mine somehow get picked up immediately when I did that
I’ve only been selling on Vinted for a month but just had a buyer buy to flip and one of the items I sold them I listed as very good but it has been used (it’s a safety item) and he’s relisted it as brand new (plus £20 more in price)! I reported them and they said it didn’t violate anything but I bought and used the item so I know it’s not new and they could see all that on my listing but they weren’t interested 🙄

The buyer also left me negative feedback saying the parcel tape used ruined the product outer box and it’s unusable yet it’s photographed in their listing and just mentions it has some parcel tape on it so clearly not unusable then. Reported that as well and they weren’t bothered.

I’ve always sold on EBay and found them really helpful at removing unfair feedback etc and they have a live chat option which is much better.

• Wow
  • Angry

uokhun92

Chatty Member
I’ve just seen a listing on vinted for a ‘new with tags’ bikini and there’s a pic of her fucking wearing it 😭

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15

Algeronwashere

VIP Member
There was a woman ranting about Vinted online saying that they were asked by Vinted for some means of identification as their sales had got to a certain level and Vinted needed to check them. She sent her driving license. Later she got a tax code from HMRC with a company name on there she'd never heard of. So she rang HMRC and found the company was in the north of the country, miles away from her, owned by a Romanian, but no other details. Then a few days later her child benefit for her only child didn't go into her bank account. She rang HMRC and it turns out that her HMRC account was hacked and her bank details changed. This was confirmed by HMRC and it was stated that her driving license was used and they believed it must have been Vinted.
She was just warning others not to give out their driving license to Vinted in case this happens to them.

She managed to worry a lot of people. Is this likely?
I think this sounds highly unlikely. It takes hours to get through on the fone to HMRC! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15