Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had so many sales this weekend after a bit of a dry spell. People have bought so many bundles that I can finally shut my chest of drawers again. 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The offers people try! You start to wonder how anything can be sold in the shops.
They must have a fit at the prices!

Reactions: 8
The offers people try! You start to wonder how anything can be sold in the shops.
They must have a fit at the prices!
Some are ridiculous and it's really annoying to get a low offer. To me though that's the way vinted is- people like getting a deal so why not try the option of offer if it's there. on the other hand, people just put the initial price 20% above what they want to give buffer for offers so it kinda misses the point 🤣

Reactions: 2
Why do some sellers just stuff things in bags instead of folding them? I know it’s not a big deal but I just bought a kids Paul Smith jacket, at an absolute bargain too, but when it arrived it was literally scrumpled into a ball and stuffed in the bag 😂 like wtf?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Why do some sellers just stuff things in bags instead of folding them? I know it’s not a big deal but I just bought a kids Paul Smith jacket, at an absolute bargain too, but when it arrived it was literally scrumpled into a ball and stuffed in the bag 😂 like wtf?
I always fold it nicely, put it in a bag to keep it safe and then put it in the mailing bag. I'm officially going to call myself a TT. 😅

Reactions: 6
I gave the buyer of my high value item a nice ‘just checking it’s arrived’ nudge and she marked as received 🥳🥳 we love a TT new buyer!

Had one person message me moments after favourting something asking if I'm still interested and someone else messaging me a bunch of question marks as I blanked their 'posting today' message. Oh yeah cause that's gonna sway me to buy.

Somebody created a bundle and the price was £9.95, she offered £10. I accepted and she paid.
Can’t decide if she is a simple SS or she doesn’t like odd amounts so rounded it up

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Re eBay- does anyone know if there’s any pattern to variable fees discounts? I have a lot of none clothing items to sell and managed to take advantage last weekend with some more expensive items as the audience for them is better than Vinted. Those fees can sting!

Somebody created a bundle and the price was £9.95, she offered £10. I accepted and she paid.
Can’t decide if she is a simple SS or she doesn’t like odd amounts so rounded it up
I had an item listed at £10, someone offered me £7.50 which I declined and counter offered £8.50, the buyer declined my £8.50 and counter offered that with £10 which obviously I accepted. 😂😂😂😂
---
I always fold it nicely, put it in a bag to keep it safe and then put it in the mailing bag. I'm officially going to call myself a TT. 😅
Me too. I’ve even been posting the same day as I’m off work at the moment and the bastards can’t even be bothered to leave me reviews half the time.

• Haha
Re eBay- does anyone know if there’s any pattern to variable fees discounts? I have a lot of none clothing items to sell and managed to take advantage last weekend with some more expensive items as the audience for them is better than Vinted. Those fees can sting!
It depends on your selling patterns. Think the T&Cs state you have to have sold so much in a certain period to get the offers. If you do qualify its every 2 weeks (bar most of xmas/NY period)

put two identical pairs of jeans up, only difference is the colour. lighter wash pair have had x6 the views and i'd love to know why - is it the algorithm or are they just more popular rn?

Hi girls, follow on here as you all make me laugh but need some advice!

have a pair of shorts for sale for £7, someone offered £5 and I’ve accepted. Now they’ve asked me to reserve till Friday? Idk but I feel this is abit cheeky seens as they’re not even paying full price? It was only listed yesterday! It’s not the money just the principle! Is it cheeky to say I won’t reserve it??🙈

Hi girls, follow on here as you all make me laugh but need some advice!

have a pair of shorts for sale for £7, someone offered £5 and I’ve accepted. Now they’ve asked me to reserve till Friday? Idk but I feel this is abit cheeky seens as they’re not even paying full price? It was only listed yesterday! It’s not the money just the principle! Is it cheeky to say I won’t reserve it??🙈
If they’d been up for a while I’d reserve them but as they’ve only just been put up I’d say no. If they are still there Friday then I’d say still happy to accept £5 but as they are newly uploaded you want to see how it goes

Reactions: 5
Maybe I am just a spoiled cow but I can't understand the need to reserve something that is £5. Surely if things are that close to the wire you wouldn't be clothes shopping in the first place. Are they all kids? I don't get it.

Reactions: 18
Ordered some baby vests, brand new still in the pack but they are absolutely honking of smoke. Should I leave a bad review? Lol

• Sad
Ffs second thing I’ve bought recently and they’ve not sent it, it will be a week tomorrow. These were both people with full 5* reviews. I was a TT and paid full asking price.

If I can’t post the next day I always message giving a day when I will, I think the longest I’ve taken was 4 days.

• Sad
Reactions: 4