Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chatty Member
The weakest, most tepid tea ever. Only Jasper carrot in my restaurant this weekend! Only 80’s/ 90’s kids will know 😉
Was nice. Tipped. Dairy intolerant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 138

unfinishedsentenc

VIP Member
Only realising this now, but last night's final of Celebrity Big Brother actually coincided with the 15th anniversary of Jade Goody's death. 15 YEARS! Boy oh boy did that fly by...

She was ignorant and gobby but she also had a shocking upbringing and what a character she was. She loved her boys dearly and made damn sure they wouldn't suffer the same type of childhood she had before she left them far, far too soon.

1000002381.jpg

Ladies please get your smear tests regularly 🙏 5 or 10 mins of your time could save your life.

Talk to a GP, a partner, a friend or family member or even a Tattle member if you need reassurance before you make that important appointment.

1000002382.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 96

TheMogadon

Got some very weak tea. My neighbour went to school with Rowan Atkinson. Said he was a prick back then and he “stole” the Mr Bean character from one of the teachers who actually was like that. Even had the padlock on the driver side door of his car.
Every time he gets into the wine he tells me this and it never fails to make me chortle at his outrage.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90

Salted Caramel

Chatty Member
Anyone listening to Lily Allen and Miquita Oliver's podcast? I've laughed out loud at them a few times (the story about running away on a canal trip when they were kids was funny). But today's episode has an absolute cracker from Lily.

She was at a post Oscars party a few years ago, had gone with Mark Ronson but had lost him. She was stood alone (near Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis) when the Maitre De from Chilton Firehouse spotted her and came over "darling why are you standing here all alone?" and proceeded to introduce her to Ashton and Mila.

Only thing was... he introduced her as Rita Ora 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 86

Clytemnestra

Chatty Member
Kate Beckinsale in the DM again posting weird pics from her hospital bed.

Just looked at her insta and her profile reads “A fatherless girl thinks all things possible and nothing safe” 🤨
A few mentions in the comments about endometriosis & surgery from her more avid followers. Hope she doesn't have that - it's a horrible condition.
---
Also - as Tom Hardy is getting a lot of love on here, I feel I have to bring out his early MySpace picture - enough to make anyone's vagina seal shut:

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 15.45.09.png

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 82

OtherMoon

VIP Member
The thing that gets me about the Tom Hardy and Rebel Wilson story is she told it for jokes whilst clearly knowing Tom was upset by the experience noting he didn't speak to her afterwards and likely wouldn't want the story told publicly.
And that in itself is meant to be the punch line...Big hard man Hardy got fingered up the bum by Rebel Wilson.
If the sexes were revered there would be absolute outrage.

• Heart
Reactions: 81

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Keeping up Appearances is a guilty pleasure of mine. The characters and scenarios are very well-drawn.
I get why you call it a guilty pleasure, but I’m 100% serious when I say that Patricia Routledge is one of the best comedy actors of our time. Not just the voice and delivery, but the physical comedy she brought to that character. Absolute genius of a woman.

edited to add, Sorry, in my excitement to share the Patricia Routledge love, I missed the rest of your comment,

“The characters and scenarios are very well-drawn.”

totally agree!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

Haughty

My Rowan Atkinson tea is from a friend of a friend who works in his bank, when he calls a man has to answer otherwise he hangs up and calls again lest he have to discuss his finances with a mere woman.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 75

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
Only realising this now, but last night's final of Celebrity Big Brother actually coincided with the 15th anniversary of Jade Goody's death. 15 YEARS! Boy oh boy did that fly by...

She was ignorant and gobby but she also had a shocking upbringing and what a character she was. She loved her boys dearly and made damn sure they wouldn't suffer the same type of childhood she had before she left them far, far too soon.

View attachment 2832521

Ladies please get your smear tests regularly 🙏 5 or 10 mins of your time could save your life.

Talk to a GP, a partner, a friend or family member or even a Tattle member if you need reassurance before you make that important appointment.

View attachment 2832522
Sadly, I can't forget as my dad died the same day. His was stroke-related. Like Jade, he was terminally ill He'd had a stroke a couple of years before but kept having smaller, progressive ones which removed his functioning piece by piece. Horrible way to go and another condition needing greater awareness. Cancer and strokes, amongst so many other debilitating, life-limiting conditions, are total bastards.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
I like Penny Smith who once said she was 38. When it was pointed out that she had been that age for several years she agreed, but said it was a good time in her life and she might just stay at 38 for a few more years

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Bearing in mind the character that Rebel Wilson used to play, was often the funny coarse/rude fat girl! That said and did outrageous things, I think that was the kind of role she played in Pitch Perfect wasnt it?
She admitted to putting her finger up Tom Hardy’s bum without warning
“My first day on set, the director said, ‘When you enter the scene, I want you to just stick your finger up Tom Hardy’s butt’,” the star recalled. “I just did it (then) he gave a really realistic shocked expression. And then he didn’t really talk to me.”

And groping Anna Hathaway’s breasts
During one scene in the movie, the 39-year old’s character pretends to go blind and starts to feel her way around with her hands, and the star confessed she got carried away during filming and groped her co-star’s breasts.
“If you’re going to touch somebody inappropriately, you have to tell them before the take and say, ‘Is it alright if I do this to you?’” Rebel shared. “But I forgot… maybe, like, deliberately forgot.”
Despite joking about the incident, the actress clarified that giving warning before making bodily contact is “actor’s etiquette”.
“Like, I should have told her about it,” she insisted.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 70

MooBelle

VIP Member
Wasn’t there a rumour that Patricia Routledge was in a relationship with Betty Boothroyd? (Absolutely scandalous, I know but it’s one of those persistent rumours that’s been going round since I was at school).

Also the actress who played Young Hyancinth in the prequel absolutely nailed her mannerisms and I’d have loved to see a full series but the Beeb went with a shit Porridge prequel starring Kevin Bishop instead.
Absolutely true. I worked in Parliament at the time and it was common knowledge.
They got together 'later' in life but the knew each other from childhood. Both were Vaudeville performers and were pushed on stage as soon as they could walk.
I quite often saw PR around Westminster as she stayed with BB in her apartments, although they were both very discreet. It was a bit of a shock to teenage me, not because they were lesbians but because it was Hyacinth Bucket and they were sooooooo old!!! (Actually probably not any older than I am now!)
After I stopped working there I was no longer privy to gossip. Parliamentary workers are unbelievably discreet when it comes to the secret lives of MPs, no bugger would tell me anything! I really hope they stayed together, they were both very lovely and deserved to be happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

LByrne74

VIP Member
Colin Firth always plays Colin Firth. Has he been in anything with Olivia Colman? he could play Colin Firth and she could play Olivia Colman. :ROFLMAO:
Reminds of what Mrs Merton said to Joanna Lumley: "You're so versatile - you could play a posh lady anywhere!".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68

petitspois

VIP Member
Colin Firth always plays Colin Firth. Has he been in anything with Olivia Colman? he could play Colin Firth and she could play Olivia Colman. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68