Secret Celebrity Gossip #157

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Keeping Up Appearances has stood the test of time better than many sitcoms. The character of Hyacinth is so well-written and well-acted. She makes out that she cares deeply about how others see her, yet she is oblivious to what they actually think of her. Despite her airs and graces, she has the hide of a rhino.

I'm quite sad that Lolly Adefope has turned out to be a bit of a whinger. I've liked her in a lot of things.

Reactions: 34
Re Beyoncé's new album, the Taylor Swift Is Gay tinhats have decided that Taylor is definitely singing back up on one of the songs - despite official reports otherwise and no sign of her on the credits - and that the lyrics are a cue to a "mass coming out" of Taylor, Beyoncé and other artists.

These people are bleeping cracked 😂
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Taylor is bisexual, as I've said before. The other ideas the Gaylors have? Not so much 😅

Reactions: 8
Patricia Routledge and Betty Boothroyd were a real couple.

And I have no problem with Lolly Adefope firing back at Ricky Gervais if she wants to. He’s a big boy. He can take it.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I never really liked Keeping Up Appearances i just dont know why, i like Patricia but just could never get into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Former NFL player Vontae Davis has also died, he was only 35 :(
i am starting to really think there is something odd about these early deaths..(unless its suicide or a preexisting medical condition) or is it just because the category of famous person is so wide now? I can't help but wonder if Covid has either effed up people's bodies or their mental health more than is talked about or realised. I though getting older would class myself as relatively healthy. Since the first time i got Covid Ihave had the odd chest wheezy and breathing issues and a few odd physical side effects.Plus now my liver seems to be fecked and I was never much of a drinker. I went to the doctors a while back about my knee before my arthritis was diagnosed and they insisted on a whole bunch of tests which culminated in my dr calling me when I was at my inlaws in the States 2 or 3 days before Christmas 2023 telling me i had a whole string of serious issues and putting the fear of god into me , ruining Christmas and actually making me a weeping wreck.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
It's so sad isn't it? The fear of getting wrinkles. But people now elect to just look peculiar. Having their beautiful faces cut up and altered.
Case in point Ashley Judd. Such a lovely looking woman in Double Jeopardy. And she 100% would have aged better if she had left her face alone.
(I know she had a bad time at the hands of the fucker Weinstein).

View attachment 2849826
Ashley looks like she's on a high dose of steroids here. It should be a striking-off offence for a medical practitioner to do this to someone.

I met her ex-husband Dario Franchitti once, briefly. He is one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen.

Reactions: 15
Wasn’t there a rumour that Patricia Routledge was in a relationship with Betty Boothroyd? (Absolutely scandalous, I know but it’s one of those persistent rumours that’s been going round since I was at school).

Also the actress who played Young Hyancinth in the prequel absolutely nailed her mannerisms and I’d have loved to see a full series but the Beeb went with a tit Porridge prequel starring Kevin Bishop instead.
Absolutely true. I worked in Parliament at the time and it was common knowledge.
They got together 'later' in life but the knew each other from childhood. Both were Vaudeville performers and were pushed on stage as soon as they could walk.
I quite often saw PR around Westminster as she stayed with BB in her apartments, although they were both very discreet. It was a bit of a shock to teenage me, not because they were lesbians but because it was Hyacinth Bucket and they were sooooooo old!!! (Actually probably not any older than I am now!)
After I stopped working there I was no longer privy to gossip. Parliamentary workers are unbelievably discreet when it comes to the secret lives of MPs, no bugger would tell me anything! I really hope they stayed together, they were both very lovely and deserved to be happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
PR pops up in the Moira Stewart/Pam St Clement love triangle rumours occasionally as well.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Absolutely true. I worked in Parliament at the time and it was common knowledge.
They got together 'later' in life but the knew each other from childhood. Both were Vaudeville performers and were pushed on stage as soon as they could walk.
I quite often saw PR around Westminster as she stayed with BB in her apartments, although they were both very discreet. It was a bit of a shock to teenage me, not because they were lesbians but because it was Hyacinth Bucket and they were sooooooo old!!! (Actually probably not any older than I am now!)
After I stopped working there I was no longer privy to gossip. Parliamentary workers are unbelievably discreet when it comes to the secret lives of MPs, no bugger would tell me anything! I really hope they stayed together, they were both very lovely and deserved to be happy.
Each of their Wikipedia pages has the other listed as a “close friend“, which I think is a sweet way of acknowledging their relationship on their own terms.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Apparently Oprah has been voted the 3rd most hated celebrity in America. I'm behind on this - what's she done?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
She does look odd now, she’s tweaked her pretty face so much, the fillers have migrated into the tissues around her mouth and jaw.. and she’s got herself a early Wildenstien look going on now ….
Agree, it’s sad to see as she was so naturally pretty

Reactions: 4
I remember Keeping Up Appearances being seen as a bit naff at the time but it worked so well because it’s a straightforward concept but very well done. It’s also a got a bit of retro appeal now it’s around 30 years old. Unlike Roy Clarke’s other big show (LOTSW), it didn’t outstay its welcome either. The cast is fabulous too - not just Patricia Routledge but all the other regulars like Geoffrey Hughes. That line about eating at the captains table in Christmas special on the QE2 is classic.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Miriam’s been with her partner, an Australian historian, since they were in their thirties or something. I don’t think they live together all the time. They have a home in Holland or France and Heather mainly stays there.

Reactions: 11
Miriam’s been with her partner, an Australian historian, since they were in their thirties or something. I don’t think they live together all the time. They have a home in Holland or France and Heather mainly stays there.
Miriam said recently that they are intending to live together permanently now.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.