Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Don'tlookEthel

Fair play to the posters who fancy him but without his money, he's just an ordinary, beardy, beer bellied bloke isn't he? He looks like a stereotypical dad.
Who do you think I actually have sex with? My husband meets that description but doesn't have the money nor does he know a team of tradesmen who can sort out my bloody kitchen, i've had no floorboard for 3 months. I pray for Nick Knowles on a daily basis. He'd sort my kitchen out, chase me up the stairs, do what needs to be done and I'd spend the rest of the day gazing lovingly at ny quarts worktop

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 199

Chatty Member
Do you have any other encounters you can share here?
😂😂 off the top of my head…… I’ve worked there 14 years so there may be more that come to me:
Well I already mentioned Alison Hammond, who was a delight.
We’re in the midlands so tons of villa/blues players. Not very bright, verging on chavvy with girlfriends who look ridiculous but always polite nonetheless.
Joe Lycett was as fucking fabulous as you could possibly even hope for. Adored meeting him 🥰 he even complimented me on what I was wearing, which considering he was in this sequin/peacock adorned blazer, I took to be winning at life!
Tony Hadley was fantastic as well, lovely with everyone, including the little old ladies that recognised him and approached him despite him just trying to enjoy lunch with his family.
Niall Horan, about as low key as a celeb you could ever wish to meet, just a totally nice and normal bloke. Same for Joe Jonas.
Sarah millican, lovely and super sweet, like she is on telly.
Location location location filmed the “have a drink whilst you discuss the houses you’ve seen” bit, I had Phil Spencer, who couldn’t have been nicer and bought a drink for all the crew (may have been a company/channel 4 credit card but didn’t seem like it at the time!)
My absolute fave story though, is a little niche. Toni Iommi (guitarist for black sabbath) used to live locally and is a huge huge deal on the metal/rock scene. He used to come in all the time with his wife (gorgeous woman, Swedish, ex girlband I believe) Nick Owen (news reader for midlands today, and his wife!) anyway, they were in probably weekly before they moved out of the area. Tony always wore all black, proper old rocker style. He always looked so smart and cool, but always, black jeans, black shirt, black blazer. Anyway, one time, (this was years ago when I was just a waitress) I was running round like an absolute dick in the weeds, I see their drinks are ready, grab the tray and head over, get there, and like a total fucking idiot, I land a gin and tonic in Tony’s lap. I’m so embarrassed, so apologetic, he’s totally cool, “its fine, it’s fine, this is why I wear black all the time” ha ha ha, laughs it off like a true gent. Meanwhile I dash off to make him another drink on the house, my GM at the time (who was fucking nuts BTW) gets wind of what’s happened, rushes over to apologise for my mistake, no joke, Tony Iommi looks him dead in the eye and said “dunno what you’re apologising for mate, nothings happened” my manager walked away embarrassed, and that was the day Tony Iommi had my fucking back, and clearly was not wanting me to get in trouble. A true class act. If o remember more I’ll report back 😊

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 187

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Si King’s statement 😭
"I'm afraid I bear some sad news. Most of you will know Dave has been fighting cancer for the past couple of years.
"Last night, on 28th February 2024, with Lili, Dave's wife, his family, close friend David and myself by his side, he passed away peacefully at home. All who knew Dave are devastated at his passing. His beloved wife brought him such happiness as did her children, Iza and Sergiu who Dave loved like his own.
"Personally, I am not sure I can put into words on how I feel at the moment. My best friend is on a journey that for now, I can't follow.
"I will miss him every day and the bond and friendship we shared over half a lifetime. I wish you God's speed brother; you are and will remain a beacon in this world. See you on the other side. Love ya."

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 126

Reagent

I genuinely don't get mens thinking when it comes to unsolicited dick pics.

The gay world is pretty bad for it, which is bad enough. But why men think women want them is beyond me.
My horrified 18 year old daughter got one and was asked for a dirty pic in return. I think ive brought her up correctly because she sent back a few photos of our cat licking it's arse. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 122

TokenBlinkie

It all boils down to sighted people deciding that they know best about what a Blind person can and can't do.

So many blind people are questioned and doubted every day about whether they are "REALLY" Blind or not.

I'm one of them.

It us extremely rare that someone who is Blind (The current UK terminology for "Blind" is Severely Visually Impaired) has no useable sight at all, at an NPL level (No Perception Of Light).

Because of this, we are often called "Partially Sighted" (which means you have some sightloss, but still quite a fair good amount of useable sight remaining), or even accused of faking or exaggerating our blindness, Simply because a sighted person (or a group of sighted people) have decided that (in their obvious, expert knowledge of not living a single day with sightloss), the thing they have just seen the Blind person do, Shouldn't be possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 119

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Apologies in advance for this Gregg post. I went to HSL earlier today ( chairs for the older generation) to help my dad who was buying one. As we left the lady that served us said would you like some popcorn, odd I thought, but ok yes please. I was given two bags of this. WTF.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 104

thegirlscout

VIP Member
‘My best friend is on a journey that for now, I can't follow’
Oh gosh that made me tear up. How devastating for all that loved Dave.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 102
I know I'm a couple of pages behind, but I feel the need to point out that I was another one who never questioned Elton spending silly money on flowers. I've spent all that time thinking how lucky he was to have vases of fresh flowers all over the place 😂🤭🫣🤩

• Haha
Reactions: 84

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
Late to the party, but I'm a journalist. A former editor of mine was ex-Daily Mail. One of the most odious people I've ever met. He had letters informing him he was being sued up on the wall in the news room. He was always desperate to dramatize anything we wrote. For example, I'd write:

"A man dropped some litter in the street on Monday"

The edited version would read:

"A man flung litter on the street in fury on Monday, to the horror of passers by"

I never had plans to work for a tabloid, and that experience cemented that. I'm in financial journalism, and I'm now an editor. I'd consider hiring a Mail journalist, but I'd NEVER hire an editor from there. Everything we report must be fact checked and verified by several sources, not just made up or dramatized for a click.

• Heart
Reactions: 83

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
Given how quickly everything seems to have disappeared off Twitter/X tonight, I'd say that someone high up the chain is flexing some muscle in getting this sanitised. It's reported in The Sun that some messages allude to a solo act in a toilet on a flight so I wouldn't be surprised if there is some intimate photos and from those messages, I don't think they'll be from the woman involved.

Given that Horner left his pregnant partner for Geri, I have zero sympathy for Geri at all. That poor woman gave birth alone while these two were in a hotel in Singapore. How you get them is how you lose them and all that.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 82

MissHavisham

Chatty Member
I remember when my best friend was dumped by some useless boyfriend she played Daniel Bedingfield’s ‘If You’re Not the One’ on rrrrrrepeat.

We shared a flat at the time. Truly that break up was more painful for me.

From time to time I send her a voice note with a snippet of that stupid song. For the lolz.

• Haha
Reactions: 77
Nick Knowles is on Lorraine and it's an imperfect storm of thinking about her growler and NK putting his wang in my face and saying 'someone's here to see yooouuuu, he's really excited!'. I'm sweating and shaking, I've vomited, the kids are crying THANKS A LOT.

• Haha
Reactions: 77

House of Tea

VIP Member
I swear this happened at the weekend.

I was in a supermarket and a blind man came along sweeping the floor with a white stick. I got out of his way. He was wearing an anorak and there was writing on the back - the writing said BSM driving instructor!

Did someone give him that coat as a joke? Was he recently blinded? Did he used to be a driving instructor? So many questions!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74

PeteM

VIP Member
People need to remember about Cowell that he didn't want Lucy Spraggan to go to the press about being raped at the hotel that she was put up in re the X Factor, so offered her an album deal as a sweetener, but never had any intention of promoting it, making sure she was dropped as soon as possible.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 72