Secret Celebrity Gossip #154

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If SC had a stroke and trouble walking, how does he go on a bike ride every morning - even more difficult considering the metal rod in his back.
My dad had a friend whose son had a stroke in his early 30s, back in the 80s/90s.
Part of his rehabilitation was cycling, and so he started doing an annual fundraiser cycling from London (I think - I have’t seen the man in years), to the West of Ireland. His walking and speech were impaired, but the muscle-groups for cycling managed well enough.
I’ll grant you the metal rod though.
---
Mine too!! He was fabulous ❤
Me three. What a cast!!! 😍
Cillian’s little Top of the Pops dance in the showband scene was absolute perfection for that era!

I moved to Kilkenny shortly after filming wrapped there. I don’t think they could’ve found a more apt place at the time to set it than Callan. 😐

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Hannah Waddington - am I the only person who had no idea she was English?! Turns out she started in Brookside and Footballers wives.
Fair play Hannah!

Reactions: 13
Hannah Waddington - am I the only person who had no idea she was English?! Turns out she started in Brookside and Footballers wives.
Fair play Hannah!
She was brilliant in Benidorm -
She sang Winner takes it All but I can't find it - yet

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Re Cillian Murphy at the SAG awards - I think he's had a trip to Kate Moss's bleph surgeon. See how he doesn't have the eye crinkles anymore and looks a bit like he belongs in Madame Tussauds. Horrific.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.23.37.png
Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.24.14.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
It's a tough one, but in fairness you can be an excellent actor, work your way up but by the time you get to a certain level you have to play the game if you want any type of recognition and also earn the money of far less talented people in the same profession. Living a quiet life doesn't get you the recognition and payday. Once he has got it he can sit back a bit more as more opportunities will come to him without trying so hard.
Yeah, but if he hates press attention, then winning an Oscar isn’t going to help is it? I guess it might be the pay issue, but I doubt he’s exactly shopping in Farm Foods at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yeah, but if he hates press attention, then winning an Oscar isn’t going to help is it? I guess it might be the pay issue, but I doubt he’s exactly shopping in Farm Foods at the moment.
Oscars don't necessarily mean an increase in fame (in fact some careers have crashed after winning) but it's respect and recognition from your industry and peers. Plus being an Oscar winner means you can negotiate higher pay. So part ego and part financial.

Having to do something you hate to get further, which most of us have to do and play the game in some way in our careers

Reactions: 15
Oscars don't necessarily mean an increase in fame (in fact some careers have crashed after winning) but it's respect and recognition from your industry and peers. Plus being an Oscar winner means you can negotiate higher pay. So part ego and part financial.

Having to do something you hate to get further, which most of us have to do and play the game in some way in our careers
Look at Brenda Fricker. Won an Oscar for My Left Foot but is probably best known as being the pigeon lady in Home Alone 2.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Look at Brenda Fricker. Won an Oscar for My Left Foot but is probably best known as being the pigeon lady in Home Alone 2.
Halle Berry's career dropped off after her win, Nicole Kidman too in terms of movies The curse or the Oscar win is a thing.

Reactions: 11
Hannah Waddingham fans might like this video of her showing off a bag her daughter made her for SAG Awards.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 48
It’s really annoying that he wants it both ways, sneering in the interviews as it’s all so beneath him.
But also thirsty as duck for an Oscar. Hypocrite.
Unfortunately, this is how I see it! And I’m a huge fan of his. I think he needs to play the game with a bit more humility and realise the people interviewing him are doing their job. They have to ask what he considers stupid questions at times, they’re told what to say just like he is with a script!

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.