Secret Celebrity Gossip #154

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In Paula Yates’ book, she said the caterers at the studio completely missed the point and turned up with tonnes of food like Brie and caviar, which was a tad insensitive considering what they were all there for but that’s Americans for you
Like the Golden Globes one year where they virtue signalled about having a "Organic, vegan, eco menu" but it was all expensive imported stuff brought at great expense and carbon cost from foreign countries and likely grown by very low paid labour on land stolen from the same people by mega corps.

They were in California, which produces some of the best produce in the States!

Reactions: 17
Paula Yates autobiography. I managed to finally find a hard back copy just now for £11 🎉🎉🎉
I read it years ago. She doesn’t really reveal too much about her relationship with Micheal Hutchence (which is why I bought it) but she did come across as very self deprecating and funny and a lot more likeable than she was on tv. There’s a Tattle thread somewhere discussing her.

Reactions: 10
Sadly I’m pretty sure he’s touring at least a bit this year too
Daniels doing the London palladium in April and there's still LOADS of tickets left. I do like a couple of his old songs, but I think one successful and one flop album from 20 years ago just isn't enough to justify £50 tickets imo.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
my favourite Fred Elliot moment was when we was looking for a favour from Emily Bishop, I think, who had a budgie.
Fred stands by the cage, says “ah, budgeh…. I SAY HALLOOOOO LITTLE BUDGEH!!!”
I have feeling it wasn’t rehearsed like that, because both the budgie and the actress lept back like they’d been electrocuted.
I'm in knots laughing 🤣. He was a brilliant character. Another here who actually thought he was dead - until I saw the announcement this week.

Haven't watched Corrie in years but it was so good back when it had such real life characters, Stan and Hilda, Jack and Vera, Mike Baldwin, Ken and Deirdre, Rita, Bet, Betty, Mavis, Audrey, Reg and Maureen ... ah too many to mention.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I'm in knots laughing 🤣. He was a brilliant character. Another here who actually thought he was dead - until I saw the announcement this week.

Haven't watched Corrie in years but it was so good back when it had such real life characters, Stan and Hilda, Jack and Vera, Mike Baldwin, Ken and Deirdre, Rita, Bet, Betty, Mavis, Audrey, Reg and Maureen ... ah too many to mention.
Minnie Caldwell,Ena Sharples..
---
Albert Tatlock,Elsie Tanner Annie the owner of the pub.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The last time I watched the soaps Deirdre was having an affair with Mike,, and Den and Angie where getting divorced.
Paula Yates book I enjoyed.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Deirdre's mum had the most immaculate timing.
Was just going to mention Blanche. I loved her. The scene where they were all in Peter’s AA meeting and she said that Ken was having it off with the Captain of a tugboat had me howling. Haven’t watched Corrie in yonks but Mary and Norris were also a brilliant double act.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I briefly
my favourite Fred Elliot moment was when we was looking for a favour from Emily Bishop, I think, who had a budgie.
I have feeling it wasn’t rehearsed like that, because both the budgie and the actress lept back like they’d been electrocuted. 😂😂
He did the same thing to a baby! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Was just going to mention Blanche. I loved her. The scene where they were all in Peter’s AA meeting and she said that Ken was having it off with the Captain of a tugboat had me howling. Haven’t watched Corrie in yonks but Mary and Norris were also a brilliant double act.
One of my favourite scenes ever. Peter says to the rest of the group, something like, is it any wonder that I drink.
Before Deirdre and Blanche storm out - to get a drink. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Think they were one of the Classis Corrie couples I couldn't take to, especially him in Corrie and real life and Sherrie Hewson really used to overplay Maureen.
Blanche compilations on youtube are worth a watch at any time. Another goodie

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I remember when my best friend was dumped by some useless boyfriend she played Daniel Bedingfield’s ‘If You’re Not the One’ on rrrrrrepeat.

We shared a flat at the time. Truly that break up was more painful for me.

From time to time I send her a voice note with a snippet of that stupid song. For the lolz.

• Haha
Reactions: 77
6 James Cordon?

And yeah 17 has to be Meghan Markle really. Fits with other stories about her prior to royal fame. Only other one close is Sophie Winkleman, but she's quite low down the pecking order to be classed as royal really and I don't think has had a long running show.
That sodding website keeps freezing so I can’t get past number 7.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Percy and Phyllis were bleeping mint!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
In other news (ha!) check out what this head has done to himself, and note the DM typo in the caption (they clearly don’t have subeditors):
I know someone who has had their arm blacked out to cover some of her tattoos and I am sorry every time i see photos of her I just think she's got some dreadful plague and it needs amputating
---
Blonde Ange is all kinds of wrong 😱

View attachment 2772751
Current fave pic of my oh is when Angie came to where they're working along with another A list celeb and there's my OH in the background talking to 2 randos totally unimpressed

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I have feeling it wasn’t rehearsed like that, because both the budgie and the actress lept back like they’d been electrocuted. 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I just remember Daniel & Natasha Bedingfield as having massive egos in their hey day. Then he had that accident & she flew off to take America by storm.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I remember years ago seeing an interview with Paul O’Grady and he got to talking about Coronation Street. He said he’d stopped watching as much and the reason he gave was that the writers were bringing in more young actors and focussing more on their characters to try and bring in a younger audience. He said that in his opinion it wasn’t as good, because Corrie was great at comedy and your comedy is in the older characters. I couldn’t agree more. Personally I wish Corrie would buck the trend and pare back down to three half hour episodes per week. Make quality content, not quantity.

Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.