Secret Celebrity Gossip #154

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a decorator come and do the outside of my house who was just like "Fred Elliott", spoke exactly like him and even looked quite like him.
I was doing work at home and a colleague who was there asked me if I had the TV on somewhere in the house, and I said no, it's the decorator.
When the windows were left open to dry we were laughing so much we didn't get much work done. 😁
How apt, considering that it seems like John/"Fred" left many a lad looking like a painter's radio.

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
John Savident was also in the original London cast of Phantom of the Opera with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman. He played one of the opera managers.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I say, I say, Ashley.. very sorry to see Fred died, he was great! His facial expressions alone were hilarious!
Those were the days when Corrie was great , they had characters. I can't watch it now it's all sensationalism, most of the houses have had a murder in them.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I think it was fairly well known which way John Savident swayed but he was married from 1961. It obviously worked for them whatever arrangement they had.

Reactions: 24
I think it was fairly well known which way John Savident swayed but he was married from 1961. It obviously worked for them whatever arrangement they had.
Exactly. Couldn't care less myself, whatever works for them is their business.

It's a bonus though if their business is scandalous and ends up on tattle 😉 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Exactly. Couldn't care less myself, whatever works for them is their business.

It's a bonus though if their business is scandalous and ends up on tattle 😉 😂
Homosexuality was not made legal until 1967. He still remained married until his death. A lot of couples never make it that far. Good for them.

I suspect Schofield and Steph will be the same.

Reactions: 24
Do you have any other encounters you can share here?
😂😂 off the top of my head…… I’ve worked there 14 years so there may be more that come to me:
Well I already mentioned Alison Hammond, who was a delight.
We’re in the midlands so tons of villa/blues players. Not very bright, verging on chavvy with girlfriends who look ridiculous but always polite nonetheless.
Joe Lycett was as bleeping fabulous as you could possibly even hope for. Adored meeting him 🥰 he even complimented me on what I was wearing, which considering he was in this sequin/peacock adorned blazer, I took to be winning at life!
Tony Hadley was fantastic as well, lovely with everyone, including the little old ladies that recognised him and approached him despite him just trying to enjoy lunch with his family.
Niall Horan, about as low key as a celeb you could ever wish to meet, just a totally nice and normal bloke. Same for Joe Jonas.
Sarah millican, lovely and super sweet, like she is on telly.
Location location location filmed the “have a drink whilst you discuss the houses you’ve seen” bit, I had Phil Spencer, who couldn’t have been nicer and bought a drink for all the crew (may have been a company/channel 4 credit card but didn’t seem like it at the time!)
My absolute fave story though, is a little niche. Toni Iommi (guitarist for black sabbath) used to live locally and is a huge huge deal on the metal/rock scene. He used to come in all the time with his wife (gorgeous woman, Swedish, ex girlband I believe) Nick Owen (news reader for midlands today, and his wife!) anyway, they were in probably weekly before they moved out of the area. Tony always wore all black, proper old rocker style. He always looked so smart and cool, but always, black jeans, black shirt, black blazer. Anyway, one time, (this was years ago when I was just a waitress) I was running round like an absolute dick in the weeds, I see their drinks are ready, grab the tray and head over, get there, and like a total bleeping idiot, I land a gin and tonic in Tony’s lap. I’m so embarrassed, so apologetic, he’s totally cool, “its fine, it’s fine, this is why I wear black all the time” ha ha ha, laughs it off like a true gent. Meanwhile I dash off to make him another drink on the house, my GM at the time (who was bleeping nuts BTW) gets wind of what’s happened, rushes over to apologise for my mistake, no joke, Tony Iommi looks him dead in the eye and said “dunno what you’re apologising for mate, nothings happened” my manager walked away embarrassed, and that was the day Tony Iommi had my bleeping back, and clearly was not wanting me to get in trouble. A true class act. If o remember more I’ll report back 😊

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 187
Justin Timberlake is on Graham Norton. He doesn’t look well
I thought the same, mind you I also thought that the last time he was on! Even with make up on he looks like he hasn’t slept in weeks.
---

Presume no 17 is Meghan Markle, not sure about the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
John Savident was also in the original London cast of Phantom of the Opera with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman. He played one of the opera managers.
Yep, Firmin. I had the original LP that had the original cast including Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford when I was younger. My mum got so pissed off hearing it all the time that she hid it. The problem was she hid it so well that even she forgot where she put it so feeling guilty, she bought me a CD of it. When he went into Corrie, I saw the name but couldn't remember where I knew it from until a few weeks later when I was playing it and looking through the booklet.

Justin Timberlake is on Graham Norton. He doesn’t look well
He seemingly had/has the flu. He had a gig the other night and put up a video saying he had, had it for a few days but it had gotten worse so the show was cancelled.

Reactions: 6
I thought the same, mind you I also thought that the last time he was on! Even with make up on he looks like he hasn’t slept in weeks.
---

6 James Cordon?

And yeah 17 has to be Meghan Markle really. Fits with other stories about her prior to royal fame. Only other one close is Sophie Winkleman, but she's quite low down the pecking order to be classed as royal really and I don't think has had a long running show.

Reactions: 12
---

10 would be Hailey Baldwin/Bieber, surely?

Reactions: 10
Those were the days when Corrie was great , they had characters. I can't watch it now it's all sensationalism, most of the houses have had a murder in them.
Those in control saw the ratings EastEnders was getting and tried to replicate it, even though some Corrie viewers wouldn't watch EE because it was 'too depressing'. There were two different types of viewer really, with some crossover (in the Venn Diagram :geek: ).

Some of the characters and one liners in Corrie were fantastic, as @Tangerine Cat posted. I stopped watching years ago though.

It's a bit like McDonalds execs seeing KFC doing well for a while and switching to fried chicken instead of burgers.

Reactions: 15
Watched Graham Norton too, but turned off before JT as he gives me the ick.
But the dynamic between Kate W and Cate B was weird. For two actresses who know each other, I thought it came across that they really don’t like each other. Body language was way off.

Reactions: 14
10 Hayley Williams for the emo singer
15 Mindy Kaling for the comedic writer / actress?

---

Justin Timberlake looked, and seemed, a bit off.
Reading that article - Colin Farrell seems such a sweetheart 🥰 😂

Has anyone watched Katie Hopkins’ TikTok on the BBC & Wrighty?!

If it’s true what is being said, someone on there must’ve known he was struggling?

Reactions: 3

Total mid life crisis. Dumps child on Dad and runs off to South America for a surfing instructor. I'm actually embarrassed for her, she looks utterly ridiculous. And doesn't seem to realise that her child will one day find all of this online. Why get married and have kids if you're not the type?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.