Secret Celebrity Gossip #154

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I googled ‘as you do’ see this.

Does Shaq believe Stevie Wonder is blind?
Shaquille O'Neal once questioned Stevie Wonder's blindness, sharing a surprising encounter when Wonder operated an elevator independently. Conspiracy theorists have been perpetuating the unfounded belief that renowned musician Stevie Wonder can see for many years.16 Oct 2023
Why couldn't a blind person operate a lift?

Reactions: 8
How would they see the buttons?
I don’t know how long ago that story was from but don’t lift buttons have braille on them? (I might be wrong though). Personally one of my (stupid) fears is stepping into an empty lift shaft, so I wouldn’t risk it if I couldn’t see.

Reactions: 24
Re. Stevie Wonder - Annie Lennox said that when the Eurythmics worked with him they had to be prepared for a call at any hour of the day/night as apparently Stevie doesn't live his life to a 'normal' daylight - work, darkness - rest schedule.

Reactions: 15
Reminds me of the theory that Stevie Wonder isn't actually blind 😅

(I suspect the truth is that he has some level of vision, but it's poor enough that he's considered blind for medical purposes).
I watched an episode of "As Yet Untitled" with London Hughes, who said she was at a party in the US that was full of celebrities, one of them being Stevie Wonder. He apparantly "accidentally" groped her boob when he went to shake her hand, and later another woman implied that it's a "thing", watch here and see what you think. :confused:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
How would they see the buttons?
You'd be surprised how other senses take over once your eyesight is compromised. A lot of what they can do is from memorisation. Lift buttons are generally in the same place, so they would feel for them, and my Grandad (totally blind) could hear what floor he was on from the sound/timings.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I googled ‘as you do’ see this.

Does Shaq believe Stevie Wonder is blind?
Shaquille O'Neal once questioned Stevie Wonder's blindness, sharing a surprising encounter when Wonder operated an elevator independently. Conspiracy theorists have been perpetuating the unfounded belief that renowned musician Stevie Wonder can see for many years.16 Oct 2023
Shaq is a bit odd at times, so I'm not at all convinced I'd take what he says 100% at face value lol.

Reactions: 6
There was that famous Quincy jones interview where he spilt so much tea. I remember him saying Stevie and Ray would definitely put on the helpless blind act when the laydeees were in the room
Heh, what I get from this isn’t that Stevie’s not blind, but that he’s not helpless. He has a strong involvement and interest in the accessibility tech field and often attends cons in this area. A good friend in this field has a pic he kicks himself over: it looks for all the world as though he’s turned rudely away from Stevie and on his phone, when he was actually reaching for a braille business card to give to Stevie. It’s the only pic he has of the meeting, during which he tried to play so cool (my friend is not cool 😆). Mutual friends of them both, who are also blind, are house guests of Stevie’s during one particular Cali-based con.

Yes most lifts have braille on the buttons.
Man Uni has an interesting one where the braille is on the buttons… which are touch sensitive…

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Also worth pointing out with blindness it's a spectrum and very few are in total darkness.

It's amazing what people can still do thanks to their other instincts and what little sight/light they get. I have a close family member who is blind and they still amaze me what they can do sometimes that I wouldn't expect. There is a lot of ignorance towards blind people.

Blindtobes on Instagram is a great guy to follow to help learn more about being blind, and also see some of the ignorant messages her gets

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Apologies in advance for this Gregg post. I went to HSL earlier today ( chairs for the older generation) to help my dad who was buying one. As we left the lady that served us said would you like some popcorn, odd I thought, but ok yes please. I was given two bags of this. WTF.
Oh my God. Just No. Are you going to be brave and eat it? 😨

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
It all boils down to sighted people deciding that they know best about what a Blind person can and can't do.

So many blind people are questioned and doubted every day about whether they are "REALLY" Blind or not.

I'm one of them.

It us extremely rare that someone who is Blind (The current UK terminology for "Blind" is Severely Visually Impaired) has no useable sight at all, at an NPL level (No Perception Of Light).

Because of this, we are often called "Partially Sighted" (which means you have some sightloss, but still quite a fair good amount of useable sight remaining), or even accused of faking or exaggerating our blindness, Simply because a sighted person (or a group of sighted people) have decided that (in their obvious, expert knowledge of not living a single day with sightloss), the thing they have just seen the Blind person do, Shouldn't be possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 119
It all boils down to sighted people deciding that they know best about what a Blind person can and can't do.

So many blind people are questioned and doubted every day about whether they are "REALLY" Blind or not.

I'm one of them.

It us extremely rare that someone who is Blind (The current UK terminology for "Blind" is Severely Visually Impaired) has no useable sight at all, at an NPL level (No Perception Of Light).

Because of this, we are often called "Partially Sighted" (which means you have some sightloss, but still quite a fair good amount of useable sight remaining), or even accused of faking or exaggerating our blindness, Simply because a sighted person (or a group of sighted people) have decided that (in their obvious, expert knowledge of not living a single day with sightloss), the thing they have just seen the Blind person do, Shouldn't be possible.
I was always called partially sighted by Moorfields eye hospital,my glasses are very strong when I was a kid they was thick as bottle tops.Without me goggles on everything is a blur.Can’t see sod all.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The DM are already hinting that Robin Windsor has taken his own life 🙄
I did think that...Without the awful DM.Robin was beautiful and however he passed I wish him and his friends and family LOVE....😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I am *such* an old woman! First thing I thought seeing that picture of Gregggg was ‘GET YOUR BLOODY SHOES OFF THE FURNITURE!’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.