Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Definitely Maybe

VIP Member
I never understood how Paddy McGuinness became as high a profile celeb as he did, I would say he's more B list talent and that's being kind ! :sneaky:

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Carefree

VIP Member
Unfortunately for her, Gwyneth definitely doesn't have the good hair. Unless you're a straw fetishist 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 41

House of Tea

VIP Member
Amanda Holden is actually a woman’s woman. She has a lot of long standing friends. She has just posted a photo from her annual girls getaway. She is wearing a sparkly frock but the others look fancy too. She is a shameless exhibitionist but I see her in the same way as a Barbara Windsor character. A bit un PC, girly, twinkly and up for a laugh. I think if you were in trouble she would be a good person to have in your corner.
---

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 40

lyncat87

The Pogues in Ireland were known as plastic paddies , the thing is he went to a public school was very well educated in England, loved Brendan Behan etc etc , but he was more like Joe Strummer a fraud slumming it with the working classes when he wasn't
he only went to a public school because he won a scholarship to pay his fees as he was highly intelligent. I think his parents weren’t middle class, they both worked and I think his mum was a nurse but I could be wrong. She instilled education from an early age with him hence winning a scholarship to Westminster (for two years as he was expelled)
---
I know I’ll probably get incoming. And maybe I’m biased as I’m married to a veteran. Also I’m not getting into the whole Ireland situation, the rights and wrongs. But the IRA killed innocent people. The 70s and 80s were a frightening time to even be around the forces, be out in large cities and led to bins being removed from many places
yes as did the British army, including the paratroopers on Bloody Sunday firing innocents. Veterans were charged in later years over instances like this. Neither the IRA or the British army came out of the troubles without innocents blood on their hands. Sorry to derail the thread it’s just your comment that the IRA killed innocent people, I wanted to acknowledge that the British army did too as they murdered a (young teenage) member of my family who had no sectarian links on Bloody Sunday

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I’ve just seen someone on TikTok talking about how they went to see Peter Kaye last night and they said that everything about the whole thing seemed ‘off’. That it felt like it was someone impersonating him and reading from a script, and that his voice sounded different. Lots of people replied saying they’d felt the same thing. They were also openly discussing how he’s been ill and that chemo can affect your voice. I think it’s an open secret that he has been really ill but it looks like he’s still affected and not 100 per cent right.

• Sad
  • Wow

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Crikey, He looks like hispanic/ Italian-American in the first pic, now he looks virtually Korean! WTF??
His mom is Iranian and dad Scottish.

I dont trust a word that comes out of his mouth.
In the same Times interview, he said he never uses private jets until the interviewer said she’d seen a recent photo of him on his Instagram showing him on a private jet.

‘OK, that was a private jet,’ he admitted, ‘but that was only going from LA to Palm Springs. It was very short.’

He knocked off 5 years off his age because he didn’t feel confident turning 40.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

EllaBella10

VIP Member
So who’s the senior royal who’s been named in the Dutch version of the book Endgame as being the one who said they were worried about the skin colour of Meghan’s then unborn baby?
Charles was named in book, now Kate. How many books and shows have been done about those two now? Nobody cares and I don’t believe for a second the Harkles had no input on Scobies book. The three of them are all screwed. Goodbye and good riddance! 👋

Last edited:

secretlondoner

VIP Member
He’s been pinging my gaydar since it started. I never watched eastenders so didn’t really know him before strictly. When he said last night “I was about to be caught by some very handsome men” or words similar to that I turned to by gay BFF and he was like..OK then Nige”
---
DM are deffo stirring. This is the first scene from a video clip at the bottom of the article where they say he had a huge row with his wife after the Blackpool show
Semi-regular reminder that Bisexuality exists ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Mancunian

VIP Member
Going back to Kate Bush, I have some tea. Details may be a bit vague to keep me a little anonymous.

Back in the mid 90s, just as she entered her ‘wilderness’ period, I was introduced to her. It was at a private event, the person I was seeing at the time was invited to it. He knew I really loved her so asked a mutual acquaintance of the two of them if the acquaintance would bring Kate over to say hello to us. Reader- I have never in my life been lost for words and I must have been a blithering idiot. I can only hope she was used to it. I don’t remember much of what was said but the outstanding memory I have of her is that she was tiny (tbf, I’m 5’8” or 9” tall) but I had the feeling I was looking up at her as I was so awestruck. And she was beautiful- like a doll.

And of course this was before mobile phones so I have no proof that this happened but it absolutely did
I was in a (quite full) bar a couple of years ago and Wuthering Heights was played.

There was a guy stood about 15 feet away and his girlfriend proceeded to do the swaying/wavy arms thing.

Hilarious for the first 5 seconds or so, but she did it for the entire song. You could see him slowly dying inside as time went on. Maybe I shouldn't, but I still laugh thinking about it ...

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
Talking of lights. In the small Scottish fishing village I’m from originally, they decided to get celebs to turn on the lights. The first year, because his brother was stationed there, they got Ewan McGregor. He didn’t charge. A few years later they asked Tricia Penrose. She wanted a rather large fee. Bloody cheek of it 🤣. And she was a bit up herself from what I heard

• Haha
  • Wow

Islawight

Chatty Member
Ainsley Harriott. I’ve loved the guy since Suzy salt and Percy pepper. Someone close to me works in a top-notch restaurant. This summer Ainsley pops in, everyone’s excited and he’s gentlemanly enough to pose for pics etc. It’s a busy Saturday and the kitchen is hectic. But Ainsley wants something not on the menu so asks the owner if he can whip up a dish. Owner says of course. Ainsley then cooked up some bluefin tuna dish for himself, getting in everyone’s way (small kitchen) then left all the counters an absolute shit hole. The chefs were livid that they were left to clean everything up on an already busy shift. Wasn’t as if he was showing these guys how to knock up something different either, he just did his thing alone. And off he went lol.

• Wow
  • Haha

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Tom Jones is renowned for picking women out of the audience to shag. I wonder if he's still at it, or whether age has curtailed his activities somewhat? Nothing worse than a lecherous 80yo with a hard-on for 20yo women.

• Sick
  • Wow

Carefree

VIP Member
I'm genuinely gutted about Shane's passing. I don't remember hearing Fairytale of New York any specific time but it was always there, like a beacon. It also helped that I felt the sorrow down in my bones and he made me feel proud to be of Irish people, after so many awful things happened in the 80s and 90s.

Rest easy Shane and say hi to Joe for me.

• Heart