Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

April Ludgate

It was Theale. I don't know if she still lives there. My uncle said she's got a great reputation in the village as a sweetie, really nice lady unlike another Hollywood Kate (British) who lived there & is meant to be ghastly. Royal Kate is a Berkshire girl too afaik & was a really nice girl according to those who knew her. Don't know about now though.
I presume that's Winslet? I don't know her but I used to work for Richard Branson in my early 20s. Her husband Ned is his nephew. He was brought into the business after he finished uni and he was one of the most clueless dickheads I've ever worked with. He had no idea how to speak to women, no social skills whatsoever....Just so dense. It was like being managed by Tim nice but dim. I couldn't bear him. I don't mince my words and I think I made it quite clear that I thought he was a simpleton.
The particular business I worked for was a very small part of the Virgin empire and I think Richard must have promised him a job so shoved him in somewhere where he wouldn't matter too much.
It shocked the life out of me when I saw that she'd married him, he was such a wet wipe.
Although I dislike Richard Branson's politics and some of the awful decisions he's made (suing the NHS being one of them) he's a decent boss. Very pleasant to talk to, remembers everyone's names, treats his employees really well.

Reactions: 51

House of Tea

VIP Member
I wish Prince Harry would just fuck off. I admired the Queen but have no time for Charles or the rest of them. Harry and Charles are two peas in a pod, petulant man children. Who gives a shite about these entitled privileged nincompoops.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Meant to ask - I watched Noel that super vet guy on (sh sorry) Lorraine, yesterday morning.
I got real insincere vibes off him. Full of his own self importance.
Am I right? Is he a knob?
a friend of mine went to his current tour in cardiff a few weeks back and said it was the most bizarre experience of her life, and like someone attempting to get you to join their cult 🤣

he also apparently played the electric guitar during it and read his current book aloud for ages while a disembodied voice played the role of his recently deceased dog. she wanted to leave at the interval but her mum wouldn’t let her.

• Haha
  • Wow

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I don’t know why so many people love him he’s annoying as fuck. Like piles you get rid of them and a few months or so down the line they re appear!
I’ve had so many arguments with people over the years about him. I genuinely don’t see the appeal. He’s like a shitty Rat Pack tribute act you’d see in a hotel Benidorm. Shit

• Haha
  • Heart

Coniferhedge

Chatty Member
Only tea I’ve got on Kate Bush is that my husband and his family come from the same neck of the woods as her family. Kate and my brother in law were born within a day of each other, so they and their Mums were probably in the local maternity ward at the same time. That’s it. Such weak tea the cup didn’t even see the tea bag.

• Haha
Reactions: 46

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I can only assume here's some edgelord in charge of Guardian obituaries as they so often range from tone deaf to offensive. They did the same for Sinéad O'Connor, amongst others.
It’s the Guardian. One of the requirements is to work for them you should be a dick. See also: Owen Jones.

• Haha
  • Heart
Al Pacino has fungal infected finger nails.Letting those dodgy digits near your delicate areas is a no no.
See, this type of comment is one of the reasons I love this thread. Very matter-of-fact, repulsive snippets of info, that make you pull a “urgh” face.

Imagine being a celeb and reading this thread, thinking you’d be getting fawning comments.

• Haha

kurtCobainsguitar

VIP Member
gosh you’re right, why didn’t she just get cured of her crippling anxiety and fear of leaving the house and general low self worth which probably amplified her feelings of not being able to face up to the man she’d been with since she was a teenager cheating on her. really lazy of her tbh.
I apologise... i was insensitive, judgemental and crass.. You're right... ❤

• Heart

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
Still no gossip about the secret divorce… pfft I give up with that..

If anyone of you pull a stunt like that or the polenta saga there will be trouble lol

1701306017413.gif

• Haha
  • Heart

roo689

VIP Member
Makes it worse Shane’s wife showing off the pictures last week when he was obviously on the way out. So thirsty

• Sad

Carefree

VIP Member
The guardian obit to Shane Macgowan https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/nov/30/shane-macgowan-obituary

‘With his broken teeth and large ears’
‘Appearances were deceptive – MacGowan was well read’
‘MacGowan was a loose cannon’.

Can’t they let the poor man rest and write something nice?
Many, many people have not, and never will, understand Shane or what he means to people, Irish or otherwise. As if his face means we all just automatically flinch and walk away from his genius. Fuck 'em, quite honestly. Their loss, not ours.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

MrsEms

VIP Member
Blu Cantrell had a bloody good voice I wondered what happened to her!
:(I saw Blu Cantrell perform about 4 years ago. I absolutely loved her years ago and thought she was stunning too. I have the shock of my life when she came on stage, very overweight wearing a huge tent like dress. She was off her face drugged up. She spent most of the performance sat on a stool singing (slurring) and forgetting the words. People did star to BOO, I just felt incredibly sad for her

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 45