Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

princesssparklepants

I honestly don't get it being a whole "they are racist because they discussed it!" obviously without the context of that meeting it can't be proven either way but surely it's a normal discussion and likely no malice was meant?

My brothers kids are mixed, I would lay down my life for both of them, I adore them and worship the ground they walk on. My sister in law and I are super close and as a 3 we have an amazing bond and the kids added to that and make it even stronger.

However before they were born we (my brother, sister in law and myself) did have a jokey discussion a few times about who they'd take after and the colour of their skin, If they'd be darker skin toned like SIL but bright ginger for a little bit like my brother was as a baby etc.

No offence was meant, no offence was taken, we all participated and even giggled about it. Then their first child was born and they became the center of our families world, followed by the second child. As will any other child who may or may not follow.

Surely it's a thing that all families do and it just happens that the skin colour is included on some occasions? Will it take after daddy and have such and such eye colour ? Will they have mummy's hair colour or eyes. If one is from a different country wl they have aspects of that country? (not necessarily colour)

• Heart
Reactions: 113

LaBlonde

VIP Member
But. . Treatment was readily available if you had the funds... she stayed for the LA lifestyle and money. She refused to move back to Wales. Yes, she was a victim, but she turned a blind eye and that was her choice.
gosh you’re right, why didn’t she just get cured of her crippling anxiety and fear of leaving the house and general low self worth which probably amplified her feelings of not being able to face up to the man she’d been with since she was a teenager cheating on her. really lazy of her tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 92

MissHavisham

VIP Member
I think Dennis Quaid is a good example of the romantic life of the Hollywood leading man over the decades.

Wife 1: 4 years older than him
Wife 2 (Meg Ryan): 7 years younger than him
Wife 3: 20 years younger than him
Wife 4: 40 years younger than him

But actually you'd never guess there was a 40 year age gap between him and his current wife as he's had very natural looking cheek fillers that make him look like a mere thirtysomething :LOL:

quaid.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 86

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Agree! I understand some people may not be able to carry a child for medical reasons etc, however most of these celebs just don’t want to ruin their bodies so just pay for someone to have the baby, which I think is wrong imo. Then they have an army of nannies to look after it once it’s born. What’s the point?
I think it's disgusting. There was one celeb (maybe Priyanka Chopra - not sure) who basically said they were too busy to have a baby themselves which absolutely floored me. If you're too busy to have a baby how on earth are you going to be able to spend any time with the child when it's here?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 80

Hevs75

Just to add to the Nigel Harman stuff, my colleague and I queued up behind him in Sainsburys Harpenden (the glamour lol), my colleague was going all red and funny and whispering 'it's him off of Eastenders', this was a few years ago, and good old Nigel turned around, smiled said hello and asked us if we wanted to go in front of him if we were on our lunch break as he had a bit more shopping than us. Good looking guy and seemed nice, that's my weak tea for today.

• Heart
Reactions: 75

kurtCobainsguitar

VIP Member
I really hope you're never unlucky enough to find yourself in a controlling relationship.
I was, 28 years ago. He knocked my front teeth out and broke several ribs. I only escaped when he chopped someones arm off with a machete and got jailed for 12 years. I was then able to get a lifetime injunction out on him. So, yeah i know a little bit about controlling relationships. I apologised for my earlier comment, im not in a good way mentally atm. But hey, if you wanna kick me then go ahead.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 75

kurtCobainsguitar

VIP Member
I actually know someone in their 70's who has a 30 year old bloke on the side (she is still married, but it isn't a happy marriage).

She told me a few weeks ago that she thinks TheOtherBloke is getting a bit too "boring" for her, and she wants someone less vanilla.

There are lots of sexually adventurous pensioners out there, who are very young at heart, and the lady I know is way healthier, more mobile, and fitter than many of my friends who are in their 30's and 40's.

To stay on thread....

I once served Alvin Stardust in a shop and he actually had "Alvin Stardust" on his debit card.
My mum was very ' vanilla" but once she hit her 60's she went wild!! Tattoos, piercings and toyboys!! She's 78 now and drinks pints of gin and wears leather trousers!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69

sallygsoton

VIP Member
a friend of mine went to his current tour in cardiff a few weeks back and said it was the most bizarre experience of her life, and like someone attempting to get you to join their cult 🤣

he also apparently played the electric guitar during it and read his current book aloud for ages while a disembodied voice played the role of his recently deceased dog. she wanted to leave at the interval but her mum wouldn’t let her.
Is it just me that thought this was about Tom Jones??? Must stop speed reading! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 68

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Presumably he didn’t keep her locked up. She could have left. Not a TJ fan but the helpless wife narrative is lame.
No he didn't keep her locked up and yes, she could have left, but she suffered from agoraphobia and severe depression and anxiety. She wasn't helpless, more without hope. Mental health issues weren't recognised back then, not as well as they are now, and treatment wasn't readily available.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
You should get some of those little googly eyes or a tiny stick in moustache and see if she notices any alterations 🤣
When I went on holiday last year my adult son moved in to look after the dog. When I came back he and his sister had decorated the entire house with googly eyes that I am still finding now.

A few months later he went away himself and I was tasked with feeding the cat. I put one solitary pair eyes on his Ring doorbell and none in the house. He's spent the last 8 months looking for googly eyes that aren't there.
revenge is sweet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

mee43

VIP Member
I don’t know much about Shane’s wife, but I hated that she allowed those last photos of him into the public domain.
If he consented, then fair enough, but to me it looks like he was past that. I’d hate anyone to do that to me :(

• Heart
Reactions: 66

PurplePie

Chatty Member
I know someone who maybe 15 years ago in her early 20s met Tom Jones in Lillie's Bordello nightclub in Dublin. He was a total fucking pervert trying it on with all the young girls. She was there with her boyfriend at the time and they both thought it'll be hilarious if she went with it, would make a good story ya know. Anyway she ended up shifting him (kissing him/making out). Her and the boyfriend had a massive laugh about.

Tom ended up getting her tickets his show the next night. She went with the boyfriend and had a great time until Tom's agent approached her and told her to be ready in the next 20 minutes to go back to Tom's hotel. She said absolutely not and the agent was raging and had her kicked out.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 65

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I always felt horrible for his wife - cheating aside (and bragging so publicly about it) he seems like he'd be a horror to endure. I remember him doing an interview 7 or 8 months before she died saying "she has let herself go" (how dare she! Years of deep depression and poor health - and she's dying - how dare she "let herself go"!). He can claim she was the love of his life but he didn't seem to have any respect for her at all, even as she was dying.
He took her away from her beloved Wales, her friends, family, neighbours, people she'd known all her life to live in a gilded cage in LA. Poor woman. He then proceeded to openly sleep with other women. She should have divorced him and gone home to the valleys.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

April Ludgate

Id hate to be him right now, going after the RF. dead man walking lol.
---

They won’t have been worried. It’s all bullshit.
I don't know. Princess Michael wearing that blackamoor brooch when she first met Meghan is a bold fucking move. I don't believe for a second that she didn't consider the connotations and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the family said something racist. Prince Phillip is a prime example, why is it so hard to believe the rest of them are different.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62

petitspois

VIP Member
Wondering what the offspring off a mixed race parent and one that's as ginger as you can get is going to look like isn't unusual surely?

Reactions: 61

SavageGrace

Tom Jones is renowned for picking women out of the audience to shag. I wonder if he's still at it, or whether age has curtailed his activities somewhat? Nothing worse than a lecherous 80yo with a hard-on for 20yo women.
I always felt horrible for his wife - cheating aside (and bragging so publicly about it) he seems like he'd be a horror to endure. I remember him doing an interview 7 or 8 months before she died saying "she has let herself go" (how dare she! Years of deep depression and poor health - and she's dying - how dare she "let herself go"!). He can claim she was the love of his life but he didn't seem to have any respect for her at all, even as she was dying.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 61