Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, if there is any question about who got an undeserved nomination over someone more worthy, they have a “Best actress” who has also received a Razzie nomination, maybe they should look into that.
sandra bullock won the best actress oscar and razzie on the same weekend (and went to collect both, to her credit 🤣) i know for different roles but still.

ana de armas’ nom baffles me. blonde is such an awful movie and she’s really not great in it.
---

That nose should be in a museum - it’s a piece of art!
best nose (and boob) job in hollywood! it absolutely should be in a museum 🤣

Reactions: 9
Apparently the Guardian and Telegraph both had embargoed stories on their front page that were supposed to be revealed at 1am but they were both pulled last minute. Much speculation is that it’s do with the Royals. I wonder what it was?

• Wow
Reactions: 34
I don’t get why we still have the pretence that incredibly well paid actors are receiving awards for their acting. Who cares?

Reactions: 11
I don’t get why we still have the pretence that incredibly well paid actors are receiving awards for their acting. Who cares?
I can’t help think all the news about Andrea Riseborough is just a deflection away from the Will Smith/Chris Rock slap story from last year.. don’t forget past winners return to present this year…. Well not for Will Smith smoke and mirrors people

Reactions: 12
Apparently the Guardian and Telegraph both had embargoed stories on their front page that were supposed to be revealed at 1am but they were both pulled last minute. Much speculation is that it’s do with the Royals. I wonder what it was?
One a left wing and one a right wing paper. Seems a bit odd they would have a story in common, especially on royals with one pro and one anti monarchy.

Reactions: 14
I love Eva Green as an actress but she's coming across really badly in her lawsuit at this point.
She's me trying to explain why I get overpriced haircare to my colleagues without offending.

"There's nothing wrong with peasants"

😭😂

• Haha
I can’t help think all the news about Andrea Riseborough is just a deflection away from the Will Smith/Chris Rock slap story from last year.. don’t forget past winners return to present this year…. Well not for Will Smith smoke and mirrors people
what would they benefit from doing that though? the thing happened and the story is done - what are they deflecting from? 🤔

i think past winners 80% of the time present but they have mixed it up over the last few years (including having pairs of presenters and one year having past co stars do it) and people have straight up refused to come back so i can’t see that they’ll feel his loss too much.

Reactions: 4
One a left wing and one a right wing paper. Seems a bit odd they would have a story in common, especially on royals with one pro and one anti monarchy.
That’s what I thought. They’re the opposite ends of the spectrum politically. Could have been that they were different stories but it’s too much of a coincidence IMO.

Reactions: 5
That’s what I thought. They’re the opposite ends of the spectrum politically. Could have been that they were different stories but it’s too much of a coincidence IMO.
If its something non royal and maybe political it could make sense. Seems like something more that they'd have in common. Or some sort or celeb story like the Noel Clarke expose the other year

Reactions: 5
what would they benefit from doing that though? the thing happened and the story is done - what are they deflecting from? 🤔

i think past winners 80% of the time present but they have mixed it up over the last few years (including having pairs of presenters and one year having past co stars do it) and people have straight up refused to come back so i can’t see that they’ll feel his loss too much.
It overshadowed the whole ceremony last year.. for the wrong reasons.. and possibly don’t want it making the headlines… although I am sure I read last year that they were making plans for Sacheen Littlefeather to have some role in this year unfortunately she has recently passed away.. The Academy apologised to her….

Ooh I think we should open a new thread for awards season….

Reactions: 8
It overshadowed the whole ceremony last year.. for the wrong reasons.. and possibly don’t want it making the headlines… although I am sure I read last year that they were making plans for Sacheen Littlefeather to have some role in this year unfortunately she has recently passed away.. The Academy apologised to her….

Ooh I think we should open a new thread for awards season….

i agree it overshadowed last year completely but i don’t entirely agree that it would have an impact on what they choose to do now, or with planting another story to deflect from it. it happened, everyone watched it a billion times. if anything jimmy kimmel will probably joke about it.

i think we should, i love awards season 🤣

and i would have loved for her to get a proper reaction, rather than john wayne having to be restrained from running on stage and punching her.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m going to make myself unpopular here: Brendan Fraser doing the therapy circuit around Hollywood is also an Oscar campaign. He may have turned in a great performance, and the things he’s saying may be true. That doesn’t make it not a campaign. And it’s worked! I suspect most if not everyone who is rooting for him to win is doing so because they like him and feel bad for him, and the movie is secondary.

As for the women of color who were allegedly shut out, Viola Davis has been nominated four times and won once. I don’t think her career will be affected. As for the other actress, I haven’t seen Till so I can’t speak to whether the performance is more worthy than Riseborough’s.
I’ve been watching doom patrol I love him in that I can’t wait for the new series.

Reactions: 3
I think Like A Prayer had a burning a crucifix too. Sam Smith is a beginner 😆

I've seen Relax a few times recently. It just looks a bit silly now. I remember it was filmed in The State nightclub in Liverpool.
Oh the shock and horror at the time 😂 The po-faced BBC refusing to play Relax guaranteed a hit.

Does anyone have any gossip on sports promoter Eddie Hearn, his wife Chloe Hearn and his alleged mistress boxer Skye Nicolson???? There are rumours that he has left his wife Chloe for the boxer he promotes Skye Nicolson.
Daaaam. I saw he wasn’t wearing a ring during AJ’s last fight but hadn’t heard the rumours. Eddie and Chloe have two girls don’t they?

Reactions: 3
Highly doubt it but that might be wishful thinking.

🚨HOT TAKE ALERT🚨

I don't like it when actors get awards for biopics. Doing an imitation of a real person (especially when aided immensely by make-up, as Butler was) is in my mind very different from creating and embodying a fictional character. It feels like a cheap backdoor to getting an Oscar; it's one of the reasons I kind of side-eye Meryl Streep, she's been pulling this tit for years and getting away with it.

Back to the movie, the montage of real Elvis clips at the end made it so obvious that Butler had been directed to mirror Elvis's mannerisms and dance moves as closely as possible, but the charisma that made Elvis Elvis was just not there.

And it's not like Elvis impersonators are rare, either.
I kind of agree, it’s almost like being nominated for a Grammy for a cover version. The material is essentially there, you just need to impersonate it rather than create it from scratch.

Reactions: 9
I kind of agree, it’s almost like being nominated for a Grammy for a cover version. The material is essentially there, you just need to impersonate it rather than create it from scratch.
i also kind of agree with this. there have been great biopics but they’re few and far between - rami malek winning for doing a bad freddie mercury impression is just another example of this. you’re not working from scratch like you say, you’re copying archive footage and mirroring someone else’s voice. there have been a few who deserved it (marion cotillard as edith piaf) for one, but i think you’re awarding “best impersonation” rather than “best acting” a lot of the time.

Reactions: 6
I guess it depends if the actor can get under the skin and creat a real living person and character beyond the styling etc.

Like in The First Lady, Michelle Pfiffer is amazing (another underrated actress) but Viola Davis was more like an impression. Or in The Crown Gillian Anderson was more an impression of Margaret Thatcher but Claire Foy went beyond that and created a character

• Heart
I guess it depends if the actor can get under the skin and creat a real living person and character beyond the styling etc.

Like in The First Lady, Michelle Pfiffer is amazing (another underrated actress) but Viola Davis was more like an impression. Or in The Crown Gillian Anderson was more an impression of Margaret Thatcher but Claire Foy went beyond that and created a character
those are both great examples. viola davis is such an amazing actress usually but i don’t know what michelle obama had done to deserve the portrayal (it looked like a parody at points).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.