Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have a good place to find the low down on Jordan Peterson? Some people seem to love him and some people seem to hate him. I know he’s anti trans but is there something else?
His views on feminism are absurd. He argued that women who don't want to be sexually harassed but wear makeup are "hypocritical", has argued that - "the idea that women were oppressed throughout history is an appalling theory" (because apparently he hasn't got the remotest understanding of history). He called Frozen (yes, the disney film about ice princesses) "reprehensible propaganda" for challenging traditional gender roles. He's even argued that feminists 'crave' male violence.

He's a nutter in many ways - he went on a carnivore diet (heavy meat, little vegetables), and had a mental breakdown from having a sip of cider (yeah, idk, don't ask me wtf is going on there).

I'm barely scratching the surface, but as mentioned above, he's really unstable and bursts into tears every 5 seconds in interviews nowadays, usually when men are mentioned or criticised, which is funny considering how much money he's made from criticising feminism.

Good place to get an understanding of his craziness is the Rational Wiki.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
there’s cashing in and then there is just scalping fans. This is a dedicated Star Wars event that’s extremely expensive to attend in the first place and the autograph pricing is higher than when some of the guests appear at regular conventions. Signatures used to be fairly reasonable for fans, Carrie Fisher for example was £80, but £210? Nope.
Reselling isn’t so much of an issue as fans will be able to request a mail in signature here for the same price. that’s done at a lot of conventions now to stop the problem.
I'd get charging that if it was Carrie, Mark, or Harrison as they are/were Star Wars. Hayden...while he wasn't the worst actor out of the middle trilogy and didn't deserve the backlash he got, this isn't gonna help his case.

Reactions: 2
I'd get charging that if it was Carrie, Mark, or Harrison as they are/were Star Wars. Hayden...while he wasn't the worst actor out of the middle trilogy and didn't deserve the backlash he got, this isn't gonna help his case.
Honestly, a lot of people who were kids then are grown up now adore Hayden. He sells out at cons all the time and is a huge draw.
---

Paying for autographed especially that much is nuts though. I think a lot of people just want to meet the actors. A lot of people who'll pay for Hayden are girls who fancy him.

Reactions: 3
His views on feminism are absurd. He argued that women who don't want to be sexually harassed but wear makeup are "hypocritical", has argued that - "the idea that women were oppressed throughout history is an appalling theory" (because apparently he hasn't got the remotest understanding of history). He called Frozen (yes, the disney film about ice princesses) "reprehensible propaganda" for challenging traditional gender roles. He's even argued that feminists 'crave' male violence.

He's a nutter in many ways - he went on a carnivore diet (heavy meat, little vegetables), and had a mental breakdown from having a sip of cider (yeah, idk, don't ask me wtf is going on there).

I'm barely scratching the surface, but as mentioned above, he's really unstable and bursts into tears every 5 seconds in interviews nowadays, usually when men are mentioned or criticised, which is funny considering how much money he's made from criticising feminism.

Good place to get an understanding of his craziness is the Rational Wiki.
I read a book about Winston Churchill recently and he used to cry a lot in public at a time when stiff upper lip was the thing. His views on things changed throughout his life so if you started off hating him you might end up liking him. He had an outstanding work ethic and invented all sorts of things as he had such a fertile imagination. He also suffered from depression (Black Dog).
I think a lot of people thought he was a lunatic.😄
Must be something special about these kinds of people - they might now be diagnosed with some condition or spectrum nowadays. 🤷

Reactions: 8
He’s always bawling about something or another now, that’s the problem I have with him. A utter weepy mess. Not just anti-trans but anti-liberal, “anti-woke” you could say, which can be good or bad depending on your own stance. Anti-vaccine, anti-lockdowns, anti-establishment, anti-govt (especially the Canadian govt), again, good or bad depending on your position. New besties with Cristiano Ronaldo.

He’s suffered from major depression on and off the last couple of years and is probably on meds now to stabilise him. 12 Rules for Life was pretty good reading, simple and sensible advice. No denying he is exceedingly intellectual, hard to beat him in a debate.

Love him or hate him, I suppose, like most public figures.
He's one of these anti-women, things were better when women were in the kitchen and sex with us whenever we wanted and men were off at work gobshite too.

Reactions: 14
I wish women would stop having that buccal fat removal procedure. Who tells them it’s a good look? They all look like bleeping Skeletor.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I’ve never been into the fandom for anything so I inherently can’t understand paying for someone’s autograph. That said Hayden has barely worked since the prequels, his much-vaunted reappearance on Obi Wan amounted to thirty seconds of screen time, and he’s apparently had major mental health issues to boot. My guess is he needs the money and he’s willing to exploit the newfound goodwill/sympathy people have for him to get it. Those movies ruined his life, I can’t bring myself to judge.

Cheryl whatever her 2nd name is now on ITV news just now and her face!! Step away from the injectables 💉

Reactions: 8
Cheryl whatever her 2nd name is now on ITV news just now and her face!! Step away from the injectables 💉
Why the duck is she on the national news? Is nothing else happening in the world? Why do we need to know Cheryl off of Girls Alound and X Factor is now pretending to be someone else on stage in that there London?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes I saw her. Blimey. What a shame. She was always so pretty. Now she has the ubiquitous stuffed hamster chops.
She is still unlikeable somehow. No warmth or charm.

Reactions: 19
A few comments from this story in the Daily Mail (about Priscilla contesting Lisa Marie's will / who is in charge of LM's estate) Lisa Marie Presley's friend says she wanted trust left to children as Priscilla tries to invalidate | Daily Mail OnlineScreenshot 2023-01-31 at 20-04-56 Lisa Marie Presley's friend says she wanted trust left to ch...png
I was only a kid when Elvis died (I remember being alarmed seeing many of the adults I knew either depressed or openly crying!) but I didn't know that Elvis stipulated that Priscilla was to use her maiden name post-divorce.

I can't work out if Priscilla is a savvy businesswoman - given that she turned Elvis' estate's fortunes around after his death, thanks to Graceland (though I have my doubts about anyone fooled by Scientology, unless she saw it as a way to advance her acting career) with the best interests of her wider family at heart (given that there are rumours LM blew through $100M!) or money-hungry, controlling and cold.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just had an email announcing new guests for a Star Wars thing I’m attending in April. Hayden Christensen would like £210 for his autograph.
I laughed.
I saw a few of the guest line up. £210 when at comicons he’s around the £140/150 mark. Jason Momoa is more famous than him and his auto was around the £75/80 mark at LFCC what a joke.

I paid £65 for Lando’s signature. He’s way better than Hayden!
---

The prices are insane, I know people going and they're charging £125 for voice actors in a cartoon! Hayden Christensen is really popular with lots of SW fans these days, I know he wasn't back in the day,but he is now, so I'm not surprised he's expensive, he'll sell out regardless, but it's obscene and definitely exploits fans. I know someone who met him at a previous convention who said he was absolutely lovely, I'm sure he's a nice guy, but of course he was lovely, the stars get most of the cash, the organisers take a percentage. I'd be nice for £200 a greeting!
---

It's wildly popular and lots of fans of sci fi stuff are obsessed with collecting autographs and stuff. Dr Who is the one I puzzle over. I'm a bit of a Star Wars geek, but I don't get the meeting actors thing.
me and my partner were into the whole craze for two years. After Covid I couldn’t Do it. We’ve met some amazing people. Got quite a few autographs along the way.
---

I’ve never been into the fandom for anything so I inherently can’t understand paying for someone’s autograph. That said Hayden has barely worked since the prequels, his much-vaunted reappearance on Obi Wan amounted to thirty seconds of screen time, and he’s apparently had major mental health issues to boot. My guess is he needs the money and he’s willing to exploit the newfound goodwill/sympathy people have for him to get it. Those movies ruined his life, I can’t bring myself to judge.
Depending on what you get autographed it can fetch you a good amount in the future. I don’t know if you’ve heard of funko pops but there is a Stan Lee one signed and authenticated so it’s legit you’re talking £900/1000 as of now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
A few comments from this story in the Daily Mail (about Priscilla contesting Lisa Marie's will / who is in charge of LM's estate) Lisa Marie Presley's friend says she wanted trust left to children as Priscilla tries to invalidate | Daily Mail OnlineView attachment 1925299
I was only a kid when Elvis died (I remember being alarmed seeing many of the adults I knew either depressed or openly crying!) but I didn't know that Elvis stipulated that Priscilla was to use her maiden name post-divorce.

I can't work out if Priscilla is a savvy businesswoman - given that she turned Elvis' estate's fortunes around after his death, thanks to Graceland (though I have my doubts about anyone fooled by Scientology, unless she saw it as a way to advance her acting career) with the best interests of her wider family at heart (given that there are rumours LM blew through $100M!) or money-hungry, controlling and cold.
Priscilla was Presley since she married him at 16, so I can understand, it had been her surname since before her entire adult life.

A few comments from this story in the Daily Mail (about Priscilla contesting Lisa Marie's will / who is in charge of LM's estate) Lisa Marie Presley's friend says she wanted trust left to children as Priscilla tries to invalidate | Daily Mail OnlineView attachment 1925299

i’m with you on priscilla. it does also seem cruel to riley (her granddaughter) who lisa marie has named in the trust. i can’t imagine losing your brother so tragically, your mother so suddenly and now your grandmother is contesting the estate your mother evidently wanted to leave to you.

like you say, there’s enough of evidence of priscilla being a canny business operator but i hope it’s not a decision she’ll regret family wise.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.