Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to make myself unpopular here: Brendan Fraser doing the therapy circuit around Hollywood is also an Oscar campaign. He may have turned in a great performance, and the things he’s saying may be true. That doesn’t make it not a campaign. And it’s worked! I suspect most if not everyone who is rooting for him to win is doing so because they like him and feel bad for him, and the movie is secondary.
That’s very true, it helps he’s likeable as well. People want a win for him because he’s been going through a rough time and he’s coming out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This is another interesting take.
I have absolutely no idea whether there is anything in what Chinonye Chukwu says ( although bearing in mind the Academy’s history I wouldn’t be at all surprised) but I went to see Till at the weekend and Danielle Deadwyler was genuinely outstanding.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Tbh I don't know why as an actress you'd want to win Best actress, its a bit of a curse. So many careers nose dived after winning.

Reactions: 5
5F8398A7-18F4-4E22-931E-01FB5F684788.jpeg

Ok I’m just going to assume every actress has had their nose done. It feels like it’s a prerequisite. And eyelid surgery.
Gosh I wish I could get eyelid surgery. And a nose job, mine is awful!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
What about Austin Butler for Elvis. What is he likely to win?
nothing beyond what he already has i don’t think. he was locked on for the musical/comedy golden globe and got it, i think that’s his lot this season. he was great in elvis though!
---

View attachment 1923150
Ok I’m just going to assume every actress has had their nose done. It feels like it’s a prerequisite. And eyelid surgery.
Gosh I wish I could get eyelid surgery. And a nose job, mine is awful!
i’d love a nose job provided that i get the same surgeon who did blake lively’s 🤣

Reactions: 11
Andrea Riseborough really is a fantastic actress. Not that I've seen this film, hardly anyone has seen this film. Apparently it only took $22K at the box office. But the whole last minute campaign to have her nominated felt a bit ruthlessly Tracey Flick. I wonder if she's all 'I got the Oscar nom, duck what anyone thinks' or if she's cringing slightly.

tf.jpg

Reactions: 9
What about Austin Butler for Elvis. What is he likely to win?
Highly doubt it but that might be wishful thinking.

🚨HOT TAKE ALERT🚨

I don't like it when actors get awards for biopics. Doing an imitation of a real person (especially when aided immensely by make-up, as Butler was) is in my mind very different from creating and embodying a fictional character. It feels like a cheap backdoor to getting an Oscar; it's one of the reasons I kind of side-eye Meryl Streep, she's been pulling this tit for years and getting away with it.

Back to the movie, the montage of real Elvis clips at the end made it so obvious that Butler had been directed to mirror Elvis's mannerisms and dance moves as closely as possible, but the charisma that made Elvis Elvis was just not there.

And it's not like Elvis impersonators are rare, either.

Reactions: 19
she's had that buccal fat removal thing done too. It's just made her face look that bit harder.
I'm skeptical of the buccal fat thing, if only because there's nothing that buccal fat removal does that normal female aging and weight loss don't also do. Anya has gotten VERY thin since her career blew up.

The only BFR claim that I actually believe is Lea Michele. Her cheeks disappeared and her lips tripled in size at the same time. Poor thing looks like a thirtysomething Bratz doll.

Reactions: 17

I feel very sorry for anyone going through this but to see someone drip feeding in such circumstances has left a really bad taste in my mouth. I mean, seriously? Please just don't.

Reactions: 21
It's why I couldn't give a tit about Oscars or any of these awards
As Weinstein proved, you can buy people's votes.

The Academy tend to have a habit of bleeping things up as we saw with Whoopi Goldberg not winning Best Actress for the Color Purple, and then making it up to her with Ghost.

It's a shame Glenn Close has never won it but she's played two of the most iconic roles in cinematic history which will forever be remembered. Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I think she's a more compelling actress than Streep.

Reactions: 25
i mean sadly i’m not a member of the academy and don’t make the rules 🤣 i just think it’s a deeply interesting story from all viewpoints, including what christina ricci says above. in all the fuss around the ✨campaign✨ the fact that she apparently gives a genuinely good performance has been lost.

as ricci says, it’s interesting what would have happened if this was a better known actress (say emily blunt, or someone in that level of fame) rather than someone more indie like riseborough is. the same level of analysis should be being done on michelle williams’ ridic nom, or ana de armas even. as it is, riseborough is probably never going to be able to look back on this with any sense of pride, through no real fault of her own.

i wouldn’t say the oscars matter very little either. award shows have lost their prestige in general but everyone still “wants” an oscar, for all its many many faults.
---

it’s the same way really that people get “consolation oscars” or win the year after the performance they should have actually won for. it’s a big old popularity contest.
I think that category is boring/crap this year except for Michelle yeoh. Michelle Williams is a good actress but always gets mega overhyped for awards when she seems to usually play a version of the same character. I wonder if her husband being tommy kail has anything to do with it, he has the Hamilton clout in the media. And as for Ana de armas, I’m pretty shocked Blonde got any Oscar noms. Awful exploitative film.

Reactions: 12
Going back...

Re Saddleworth Moor.

I was talking to someone a few years ago who said that she was/had been in a coven in the vicinity of SM. She said that there was always a feeling of an evil brooding presence on the Moor, going back centuries if not millennia before the Moors Murderers. Apparently there was also a local legend that the Moor would take a sacrifice every few years.

(I have no reason to doubt her; I and many of my friends have been/are in covens and some now leading them.)
Blurp, we are kindred spirits! My opinion on it (poo pooed by half of this thread - hahaha, I still love all Tattlers, though! I’m not a hater at all, this is a great website) is that Savile was entrenched with the Moors “Murderers” in terms of procuring children for the Establishment of this country at the time, some of whom were murdered in ritual sacrifices up on the Moors. For some reason, this seems to bring out the ire of many here! I plug on regardless, knowing that I’m 100% correct about this despite the fact that of course, it will never see the light of day in mainstream media.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I'm skeptical of the buccal fat thing, if only because there's nothing that buccal fat removal does that normal female aging and weight loss don't also do. Anya has gotten VERY thin since her career blew up.

The only BFR claim that I actually believe is Lea Michele. Her cheeks disappeared and her lips tripled in size at the same time. Poor thing looks like a thirtysomething Bratz doll.
Oh yes, Lea Michele's new face is alarming. It looks so rectangular.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.