Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
those are both great examples. viola davis is such an amazing actress usually but i don’t know what michelle obama had done to deserve the portrayal (it looked like a parody at points).
Parody was the word I was looking for thank you. Same as gillian Anderson with Margaret Thatcher

Reactions: 7
Just had an email announcing new guests for a Star Wars thing I’m attending in April. Hayden Christensen would like £210 for his autograph.
I laughed.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Considering how many of these 'fans' just go one on and profit from getting these signatures etc I don't blame actors cashing in a bit too

Reactions: 6
Considering how many of these 'fans' just go one on and profit from getting these signatures etc I don't blame actors cashing in a bit too
there’s cashing in and then there is just scalping fans. This is a dedicated Star Wars event that’s extremely expensive to attend in the first place and the autograph pricing is higher than when some of the guests appear at regular conventions. Signatures used to be fairly reasonable for fans, Carrie Fisher for example was £80, but £210? Nope.
Reselling isn’t so much of an issue as fans will be able to request a mail in signature here for the same price. that’s done at a lot of conventions now to stop the problem.

Reactions: 12
Just seen this on Ed Sheerans Insta. Hope he's OK! Always had a soft spot for him

The exaggerated flashing of the wedding ring made me lol! He was already married right, he's just confirming the "turbulence" wasn't a marital breakup?

Reactions: 10
The exaggerated flashing of the wedding ring made me lol! He was already married right, he's just confirming the "turbulence" wasn't a marital breakup?
Lol well spotted with the ring, that was the first thing I thought too! Think he's been with his wife since school?

Reactions: 7
i also kind of agree with this. there have been great biopics but they’re few and far between - rami malek winning for doing a bad freddie mercury impression is just another example of this. you’re not working from scratch like you say, you’re copying archive footage and mirroring someone else’s voice. there have been a few who deserved it (marion cotillard as edith piaf) for one, but i think you’re awarding “best impersonation” rather than “best acting” a lot of the time.
Yes. Daniel Day-Lewis was brilliant as Lincoln. I loved Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich but was gutted Ellen Burstyn missed out on an Oscar. It was one of those years that both actresses deserved the win (Emily Watson for Breaking the Waves springs to mind, she was phenomenal! There were rumours she was black balled by Hollywood but she doesn't go after award-baity roles which makes sense when you look at her filmography. Prefers working on home-grown productions.)

• Heart
Riseborough didn't say anything at all!
True but I think she definitely knew what was going on because her reaction to it (‘it’s so hard to believe’) is just so disingenuous. She must have been in a coma not to notice what was going on!
The copypasta tweets were hilarious, such enthusiasm!
4C99A22C-2A2C-4206-9F8F-7288E2F5B788.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
True but I think she definitely knew what was going on because her reaction to it (‘it’s so hard to believe’) is just so disingenuous. She must have been in a coma not to notice what was going on!
The copypasta tweets were hilarious, such enthusiasm!
View attachment 1924200
🙈🙈🙈 O God it's all so bloody cringe. I honestly would not know where to put myself if I were her 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 13
if anything jimmy kimmel will probably joke about it.
When he pretended to faint and stayed on the stage whilst Quinta Brunson accepted her award - that was so rude of him. Odious little toad.
---

i also kind of agree with this. there have been great biopics but they’re few and far between - rami malek winning for doing a bad freddie mercury impression is just another example of this. you’re not working from scratch like you say, you’re copying archive footage and mirroring someone else’s voice. there have been a few who deserved it (marion cotillard as edith piaf) for one, but i think you’re awarding “best impersonation” rather than “best acting” a lot of the time.
I quite liked Rami as Freddie!

Would films like Elizabeth 1 be classed as biopics?

Reactions: 9
When he pretended to faint and stayed on the stage whilst Quinta Brunson accepted her award - that was so rude of him. Odious little toad.

I quite liked Rami as Freddie!

Would films like Elizabeth 1 be classed as biopics?
he’s a terrible host, handled the whole la la land fiasco really badly too!

historical biopics are, to the exact definition, biopics but i think the original post was about when it becomes an impersonation (so when the actor has news reels etc to copy and reenact). you obviously don’t have that to work with with a really historic role so you can play around with it and make your own portrayal more. it’s probably easier because people aren’t comparing you to the real thing!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone have a good place to find the low down on Jordan Peterson? Some people seem to love him and some people seem to hate him. I know he’s anti trans but is there something else?

Reactions: 4
Does anyone have a good place to find the low down on Jordan Peterson? Some people seem to love him and some people seem to hate him. I know he’s anti trans but is there something else?
He’s always bawling about something or another now, that’s the problem I have with him. A utter weepy mess. Not just anti-trans but anti-liberal, “anti-woke” you could say, which can be good or bad depending on your own stance. Anti-vaccine, anti-lockdowns, anti-establishment, anti-govt (especially the Canadian govt), again, good or bad depending on your position. New besties with Cristiano Ronaldo.

He’s suffered from major depression on and off the last couple of years and is probably on meds now to stabilise him. 12 Rules for Life was pretty good reading, simple and sensible advice. No denying he is exceedingly intellectual, hard to beat him in a debate.

Love him or hate him, I suppose, like most public figures.

Reactions: 9
He was very close to Jamail Edwards who died about a year ago and Brenda Edwards, Jamails mother, has often said on Loose Women how closed Ed was to all the family and spent a lot of time with them after his death. Maybe this has something to do with it.

• Sad
Daaaam. I saw he wasn’t wearing a ring during AJ’s last fight but hadn’t heard the rumours. Eddie and Chloe have two girls don’t they?
I've had a look at his insta, he hasn't been wearing his wedding ring since March 2022. There was also a photo of the two of them (Eddie and Skye) taken outside her apartment together and they both look like they had just got out of bed. The account who uploaded the photo on Twitter has since taken it down so maybe they were given hush money to delete it? Yes, he has two girls with Chloe.

Reactions: 3
there’s cashing in and then there is just scalping fans. This is a dedicated Star Wars event that’s extremely expensive to attend in the first place and the autograph pricing is higher than when some of the guests appear at regular conventions. Signatures used to be fairly reasonable for fans, Carrie Fisher for example was £80, but £210? Nope.
Reselling isn’t so much of an issue as fans will be able to request a mail in signature here for the same price. that’s done at a lot of conventions now to stop the problem.
Star Wars has to be either the greatest marketing campaign or the great con in history. There's one great film, a good film and a fairly decent film and they're all the trilogy from decades ago. The rest are just throwaway trash. I just don't get why this fan base is so insane.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The prices are insane, I know people going and they're charging £125 for voice actors in a cartoon! Hayden Christensen is really popular with lots of SW fans these days, I know he wasn't back in the day,but he is now, so I'm not surprised he's expensive, he'll sell out regardless, but it's obscene and definitely exploits fans. I know someone who met him at a previous convention who said he was absolutely lovely, I'm sure he's a nice guy, but of course he was lovely, the stars get most of the cash, the organisers take a percentage. I'd be nice for £200 a greeting!
---

Star Wars has to be either the greatest marketing campaign or the great con in history. There's one great film, a good film and a fairly decent film and they're all the trilogy from decades ago. The rest are just throwaway trash. I just don't get why this fan base is so insane.
It's wildly popular and lots of fans of sci fi stuff are obsessed with collecting autographs and stuff. Dr Who is the one I puzzle over. I'm a bit of a Star Wars geek, but I don't get the meeting actors thing.

Reactions: 5
I can’t understand anyone paying for an autograph …. Back in the 80s Giant Haystacks gave me his autograph ( and then threw me over his shoulder ! ) all for FREE ! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.