Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carry on gossiping Secret Celebrity Gossip Tattlers.
We discussed loads in the last thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
So why was Paul Nicholls (not Paul Nicholas, nor Nicholas Cage) suddenly sacked from his most recent acting role?

Reactions: 3
Reactions: 1
That article is from September. Was that series that their talking about the one he was sacked from?
Not sure. Still listed on IMDB as one of his projects.

He was sacked from Waterloo Rd about 10 years ago, and was an unexpected no show for series 3 Ackerly Bridge in 2020, which was when he said he hit the drugs hard. Maybe he has got back on track.

Not sure. Still listed on IMDB as one of his projects.

He was sacked from Waterloo Rd about 10 years ago, and was an unexpected no show for series 3 Ackerly Bridge in 2020, which was when he said he hit the drugs hard. Maybe he has got back on track.
I hope so. He does look thin but years of drug abuse will do that to someone, it doesn't necessarily mean he's still using.

Reactions: 2
I was talking with my manager at lunch about celebs - she's met quite a few over the years due to family, particularly Scottish ones. She said Mike Scott of the Waterboys () was super lovely and sweet - made sure all the band got proper cuts of the music. The worst I know as 'the poisonous Irish dwarf' aka Van Morrison (she'd pinched his sandwich once), and said the nickname I heard through friends was very accurate.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I was talking with my manager at lunch about celebs - she's met quite a few over the years due to family, particularly Scottish ones. She said Mike Scott of the Waterboys () was super lovely and sweet - made sure all the band got proper cuts of the music. The worst I know as 'the poisonous Irish dwarf' aka Van Morrison (she'd pinched his sandwich once), and said the nickname I heard through friends was very accurate.
Aiden Gillen lives near me in Dublin. His partner has a daughter from a previous relationship and her dad is mike scott. I never knew this until last week. he comes across really nice in interviews.

Reactions: 12
I discovered Justin Hawkins' YouTube channel by chance with his interview of Rick Beato (my favourite music YouTuber - a great discussion and well worth a listen). His latest one answering questions is quite good, and touches upon his bulimia briefly.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can't believe this about Paul Nicholls
Paul Nicholas gives me the heebies. Saw him many years ago in the first UK tour of Jekyll and Hyde (the musical version). He had wrecked his voice earlier in the tour but wouldn’t let the understudy go on to let him recover so his singing as Jekyll was awful although he managed the growly Hyde bits well enough. I then heard from a couple of people I knew who happened to work backstage at the theatre that the Hyde bits were pre-recorded so he was lipsynching it! 🤣 Apparently he had all the younger ensemble women fawning all over him too. 🙄

• Wow
I want Whole of the Moon played at my funeral

• Heart
Reactions: 21
That article is from September. Was that series that their talking about the one he was sacked from?
Found this one from 2011, he was sacked from waterloo rd because he refused a drugs test. behaving strangely after grandad died. The article is odd because it goes on to say that a different actor Craig Fitzpatrick was caught on set smoking a crack pipe. CF was reported to threaten a family with machete in 2021! I wonder if they were getting trollied together back then.

I'd like to see Paul back on telly, I sincerely hope he has got over his stroke and is managing his addiction issues now. He could take a great role in encouraging others. And the healthy life is going to make him look all healthy with a little rugged round the edges. I know I'm a dead nun now....but I would so drop the habit for him....see what I did there...habit...ok ssshhhh Dotty

Gahhh, I have a little tea on both of these, I might of told the Van one before here somewhere.

Mike - I work a lot of festivals, Mr Merton is a musician. Mike Scott was a pain in the arse this year. Was playing at a festie that a lot of olders go to, big screens for them to see as they hang out in deck chairs with blankies on their knees etc. He had all the screens turned off. The only band all weekend to do so. He also banned all photographers from the pit. Word is he doesn't photograph so well these days so controls his image. Bit spitty when he sings. A few of us slipped backstage and took a few pix of his bum. Anyway, I didn't talk to him, he orders a very simple rider and am sure is lovely to people he knows. But there were a lot of sad old fans there who definitely didn't see the whole of his moon. Badaboom.

Van - Rude old sod. Story goes, Bruce Springsteen and Sinead OConnor get on a plane together and Bruce sees Van down the end and gets all excited and says to Sinead can you introduce me. So she tries 'hey Van, this is Bruce he'd love to say hi.' Van says to Bruce 'Who the feck are you?!' Poor Bruce.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I discovered Justin Hawkins' YouTube channel by chance with his interview of Rick Beato (my favourite music YouTuber - a great discussion and well worth a listen). His latest one answering questions is quite good, and touches upon his bulimia briefly.
I’ve got a lot of love for Justin Hawkins, he strikes me as a “reformed head”, who did a whole load of dumb tit when younger but seem to have genuinely turned things around and is “back to normal now” - unlike others (see R Brand etc)

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’ve got a lot of love for Justin Hawkins, he strikes me as a “reformed head”, who did a whole load of dumb tit when younger but seem to have genuinely turned things around and is “back to normal now” - unlike others (see R Brand etc)
My husband regularly watches his videos (we both sing along to the theme 😂) and tbh I genuinely enjoy them too, he seems very knowledgeable about it all and has a nice speaking voice imo

ETA: so much so that The Darkness made it onto my Xmas playlist last year!!

Reactions: 12
It's been great to see Justin getting a lot of love performing at the Taylor Hawkins tribute concerts - the Van Halen covers in particular were superb. He's always been a very talented and engaging person.

On a The Darkness note, I know Ed was really in a bad way with alcohol to the point of very close to irreversible damage being done to vital organs.

Reactions: 11
I loved Paul Nicholls in The Biz (stage school thing, I think...I think Billie Piper was in it too). Sad to hear his struggles.

RE Justin Hawkins - I always laugh at the awkwardness of Rita Ora creaming her pants over his character for weeks in the Masked Singer...and then backtracking like crazy when he took his mask off!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.