Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1923150
Ok I’m just going to assume every actress has had their nose done. It feels like it’s a prerequisite. And eyelid surgery.
Gosh I wish I could get eyelid surgery. And a nose job, mine is awful!
Oh ffs. She looked like herself before. Now, like a lot of others.

I feel bad for Andrea Riseborough, the articles refer to ‘her campaign’ but I haven’t heard much of her doing anything.

Reactions: 2
Hang on to it. My older brother received it as a present in the early 90s, and it is in perfect condition still, with that foil wrapping and everything. Will be worth a few quid when she croaks, which at the rate she’s going, is probably any day now...
I sold my sealed copy about 10 years ago for just under a grand. I probably should have held on to it but needed the money at the time.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I love Eva Green as an actress but she's coming across really badly in her lawsuit at this point.

Reactions: 9
I’m going to make myself unpopular here: Brendan Fraser doing the therapy circuit around Hollywood is also an Oscar campaign. He may have turned in a great performance, and the things he’s saying may be true. That doesn’t make it not a campaign. And it’s worked! I suspect most if not everyone who is rooting for him to win is doing so because they like him and feel bad for him, and the movie is secondary.

As for the women of color who were allegedly shut out, Viola Davis has been nominated four times and won once. I don’t think her career will be affected. As for the other actress, I haven’t seen Till so I can’t speak to whether the performance is more worthy than Riseborough’s.
I’ve seen Till. Can’t compare Danielle Deadwyler’s performance to Andrea’s as I haven’t seen the latter but I was really shocked that the former hasn’t been nominated. She “was” that film and her performance was wonderful.

• Heart
I sold my sealed copy about 10 years ago for just under a grand. I probably should have held on to it but needed the money at the time.
Anyone would do the same, nothing wrong with that at all. Hope it helped you at the time.

Had a look on some of the auction sites, prices range from about 400 quid for just the book in a ‘used’ condition (no cover) and up to almost 2500 for the sealed book with cover and CD. An autographed version I saw was up to 5000, which imo, seems a bit low. Once she pops it will probably go up to 10k+.

Reactions: 6
Anyone would do the same, nothing wrong with that at all. Hope it helped you at the time.

Had a look on some of the auction sites, prices range from about 400 quid for just the book in a ‘used’ condition (no cover) and up to almost 2500 for the sealed book with cover and CD. An autographed version I saw was up to 5000, which imo, seems a bit low. Once she pops it will probably go up to 10k+.
duck. Wish I’d held on to mine now. Think I binned it.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
duck. Wish I’d held on to mine now. Think I binned it.
Oh no! That’s ok though, how would you have known.

I’ve binned so much stuff over the years, when I think back to what would have been worth a few bob now...especially old fashion magazines and comics.

I have to say I'm finding the Andrea Riseborough thing fascinating in a gawping at a car crash sort of way - it's all the drama Mick! I just love it 😍🤩😝 I keep wondering how she's feeling - I think I'd be absolutely mortified if I were her, it's all just so messy with the racial element and just...Yeah a car crash 🤷 I'm really interested in how she'll handle the ceremony itself - I wouldn't turn up at all if I were her 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The "racial element" doesn't hold water for me unless Riseborough explicitly said "vote for me instead of this black actress" which somehow I doubt.

The Academy also could have held off on nominating Michelle Williams, aka the acting equivalent of a damp overcast day in March, for the ten squillionth time. We get it lady, you were married to Heath Ledger and you always play sad women. Do a romcom, slip on a banana peel, have some fun for duck's sake. But no one's blaming *her* for Deadwyler getting shut out.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I mean, if there is any question about who got an undeserved nomination over someone more worthy, they have a “Best actress” who has also received a Razzie nomination, maybe they should look into that.

I think that category is boring/crap this year except for Michelle yeoh. Michelle Williams is a good actress but always gets mega overhyped for awards when she seems to usually play a version of the same character. I wonder if her husband being tommy kail has anything to do with it, he has the Hamilton clout in the media. And as for Ana de armas, I’m pretty shocked Blonde got any Oscar noms. Awful exploitative film.
Michelle Williams is there because of Steven Spielberg and Ana de Armas is there because of Brad Pitt - both are huge in Hollywood terms with all the contacts that brings. It’s all a stitch up really.

Reactions: 12
Sam Mendes was surprisingly honest about what the Oscars were really about. I mean we all knew it really but surprising to have a Hollywood A list director say it

'For me, people forget with awards, I think this happens all the time, they use it as a bellwether for the industry but the truth is awards are a TV show,” he continued. “You know, awards are there to promote films. If that film wins an award, I’m more likely to go and see it and that’s what you’re doing there. It’s not about yourself, it’s not about the art or craft of the industry, especially, it’s about selling films.”

Reactions: 18
Does anyone have any gossip on sports promoter Eddie Hearn, his wife Chloe Hearn and his alleged mistress boxer Skye Nicolson???? There are rumours that he has left his wife Chloe for the boxer he promotes Skye Nicolson.

• Wow
As Weinstein proved, you can buy people's votes.

The Academy tend to have a habit of bleeping things up as we saw with Whoopi Goldberg not winning Best Actress for the Color Purple, and then making it up to her with Ghost.

It's a shame Glenn Close has never won it but she's played two of the most iconic roles in cinematic history which will forever be remembered. Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I think she's a more compelling actress than Streep.
Agreed Ed Harris is another one who is overlooked…. Glenn Close is definitely up to err with the greats….Cate Blanchard reminds me of her and as for Meryl…. She knew what Weinstein was….and kept quiet about it… but managed to keep her acting daughter away from his clutches….

Reactions: 8
The "racial element" doesn't hold water for me unless Riseborough explicitly said "vote for me instead of this black actress" which somehow I doubt.

The Academy also could have held off on nominating Michelle Williams, aka the acting equivalent of a damp overcast day in March, for the ten squillionth time. We get it lady, you were married to Heath Ledger and you always play sad women. Do a romcom, slip on a banana peel, have some fun for duck's sake. But no one's blaming *her* for Deadwyler getting shut out.
Riseborough didn't say anything at all! But Frances Fisher did tweet that Danielle Deadwyler and Viola Davis were a 'lock' for nominations which is apparently against Academy rules - and it's not a great look in general for two black, widely tipped actresses, whose campaigns went by the letter, to get ousted from noms at the last moment in favour of a white actress with clearly powerful connections. There may not have been overt racism from Riseborough's supporters but at the very least, not a good look.

The whole debacle exposing the inner workings of everything has really highlighted how ridiculous and political and ultimately meaningless it all is - it feels like when you see what's really behind the curtain in The Wizard of Oz. And I'm here for it as the whole edifice could do with a massive humbling!

Reactions: 13
Sam Mendes was surprisingly honest about what the Oscars were really about. I mean we all knew it really but surprising to have a Hollywood A list director say it

'For me, people forget with awards, I think this happens all the time, they use it as a bellwether for the industry but the truth is awards are a TV show,” he continued. “You know, awards are there to promote films. If that film wins an award, I’m more likely to go and see it and that’s what you’re doing there. It’s not about yourself, it’s not about the art or craft of the industry, especially, it’s about selling films.”
It’s interesting he has said this as American Beauty has aged so badly it’s quite embarrassing.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.