Secret Celebrity Gossip #100

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But the wife takes the piss out of balding, which is quite satisfying to see.

She was annoying on house of game each answer given with her superior knowledge, don't think the comedian liked her much

(no one's allowed to be that smug whilst still having a bad 1980s princess diana hairstyle)
She was so annoying! Just give the answer we don't need to know everything you know about the subject! And in the geography round when she had to let everyone know whether their answer was right before Richard could even get a word in. Ugh I'm still annoyed 😅
Loved when Ivo wouldn't accept her offer of the pity prize 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Balding was horrible to her wife on Celeb Gogglebox. Domineering and sneery.
I wish someone would find the edition of They Think It's All Over in which Balding desperately tried to pretend she fancied various blokes. She hadn't come out then, obviously, but everyone pretty much knew her preferences, so it was one of those cases where only she seemed to think she was acting in a believable manner. She was behaving as if she'd studied a late Carry On move, mainly Sid James' scenes, and had rehearsed them in front of the mirror. Then of course she later reinvented herself as an out and proud figure who tut-tutted at such fabrications. She always acts as though she's watching herself on a monitor - very cynical and self-aware.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I didn't think it was possible for him to get worse. He's clearly putting all his efforts into that downward career trajectory. Has he always been this insufferable? The first incident that that made me think wtf was his appearance on Newsnight, but I don't remember finding anything off about him prior to that. Do you think he really means all this rubbish or is he looking for attention and controversy? Definitely a male Katie Hopkins.
I think it started with newsnight. I think he genuinely believe some of the stuff he posts.

but I also think he posts extreme views (comparing abortions to rape) to 1. Get his name trending and keeping in the public eye, a well used tactic by many of his odious contemporaries (clarkson, Morgan, Hopkins)

and;

2. As a satire/exploitation of Twitter outrage culture. The people retweeting and commenting are mostly people disgusted by what he’s said. That’s how he is trending again. He thinks they are part of the “woke Twitter” set so he’ll see this as using their own outrage to inadvertently help him get exposure and his name in papers. He’s basically taking the piss out of them and trolling them.

Reactions: 14
You obviously work in the hospital where he’s receiving his care. It’s called patient CONFIDENTIALITY for a reason. Plastering someone’s private medical problems over a forum is disgusting!
The beeb are putting out what hun & his family want the public to know. You have no right to disrespect this.
A relative put out that his face had took the full impact and that it was worse than the BeeB made out so take a chill pill instead of flying off your perch with people, please

IMO there’s a difference between gossip & breaking patient confidentiality regarding medical conditions, which is what the deleted post did pretty specifically. I would hate to be treated in hospital & have my nurse’s pass on the juicy details to their mates to put on a forum.
Not deleted I’ve just come on today and seen it

I think Cowell is ill, and have for a while. I'll be kind of surprised if he lives another couple of years based on how he looks.
Agree plus I think he lives a lie, pop onto the Beards page on twitter, amusing but makes you think about a few of these “celebs” including Simon who is a regular on there

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Re: patient confidentiality
I live in the next street to Freddie and see him and his family out and about regularly. The gossip does not need to have been someone in the medical profession. He has friends and neighbours…
OMG! Lucky you! I'd be literally hanging out my front window all day just hoping for a glimpse of him! 🤭😍😂

Have you seen him since? I hope he's well enough to be home for Christmas ❤

I think its a mix of he has realised that he has no other career now and wanting to get some appearance money from right wing media outlets Like Fox News; but mainly the fact that he is an utter knob cheese.

I will link his Jeremy Vine singing gig for sheer comedy value. Not sure if it will work though. (Give me a break if it doesn’t work, I’m over 60)

Jesus wept! That's terrible 😱 Does he think he's a posh version of Billy Bragg?! 🤔 nope, 100% bellend lovie!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I had the sense that Bourdain killed himself because of the associated shame.

His food travel series was great. Awful business.
Yes and he also found out she was cheating on him, saw the photos of her with the other guy and killed himself. 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Yes and he also found out she was cheating on him, saw the photos of her with the other guy and killed himself. 😢
i had no idea about this!

i think he was a deeply tortured man who struggled with his mental health for many years: he’d spoken about death and how he knew he would die “in the saddle” frequently before he died. combined with all the stuff going on with asia a, i just don’t think he was in a good frame of mind and it’s so sad that it was one of his closet friends who found him :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
So tempted to look up Lumley’s rubber anus - not literally, but via Google - but dare not.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yes, apparently their relationship was a contributing factor. He was a very tragic figure.

So tempted to look up Lumley’s rubber anus - not literally, but via Google - but dare not.
I got you. I have no such qualms. Lots of rumour sites out there (friend of a friend was a Harley St doctor and said...etc) but no confirmation as such.

Edit: I asked my doctor BIL and he said he's never heard of something like that being possible. I'm mentally filing this under the same category as 'Jamie Lee Curtis is a hermaphrodite' and dismissing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
OMG! Lucky you! I'd be literally hanging out my front window all day just hoping for a glimpse of him! 🤭😍😂

Have you seen him since? I hope he's well enough to be home for Christmas ❤
I would be exactly the same 😂My thoughts exactly. I commented on a pic on Insta yesterday that all I want for Christmas is for Fred to be okay ❤(with the added caveat that yes I was probably going to get a bit of stick for saying that)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I wish someone would find the edition of They Think It's All Over in which Balding desperately tried to pretend she fancied various blokes. She hadn't come out then, obviously, but everyone pretty much knew her preferences, so it was one of those cases where only she seemed to think she was acting in a believable manner. She was behaving as if she'd studied a late Carry On move, mainly Sid James' scenes, and had rehearsed them in front of the mirror. Then of course she later reinvented herself as an out and proud figure who tut-tutted at such fabrications. She always acts as though she's watching herself on a monitor - very cynical and self-aware.
She might be annoying but it’s hard for anyone to be in the closet, and it must be so awkward if you’re in the public eye. Even if “everyone knew”, it’s a person‘s own decision when to come out.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes, apparently their relationship was a contributing factor. He was a very tragic figure.

I got you. I have no such qualms. Lots of rumour sites out there (friend of a friend was a Harley St doctor and said...etc) but no confirmation as such.

Edit: I asked my doctor BIL and he said he's never heard of something like that being possible. I'm mentally filing this under the same category as 'Jamie Lee Curtis is a hermaphrodite' and dismissing it.
I was chatting once to a woman who acted as Lumley's assistant when she was recording an audio book. She said she was very nice, except that, to keep her throat clear while she was recording, she'd keep spitting into paper handkerchieves and leave them lying all over the table. I can never quite block that out.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
She might be annoying but it’s hard for anyone to be in the closet, and it must be so awkward if you’re in the public eye. Even if “everyone knew”, it’s a person‘s own decision when to come out.
So much this. Added to all that stress, she also had the added complication of not being a conventionally attractive woman in a looks-dominated industry, whose only use for lesbians was to imagine them as hot schoolgirls/sexy young things getting it on.

Of course she hid her sexuality for a while. Hopefully the world has changed a bit now.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So much this. Added to all that stress, she also had the added complication of not being a conventionally attractive woman in a looks-dominated industry, whose only use for lesbians was to imagine them as hot schoolgirls/sexy young things getting it on.

Of course she hid her sexuality for a while. Hopefully the world has changed a bit now.
That is still no excuse for rudeness.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.