Secret Celebrity Gossip #100

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i had no idea about this!

i think he was a deeply tortured man who struggled with his mental health for many years: he’d spoken about death and how he knew he would die “in the saddle” frequently before he died. combined with all the stuff going on with asia a, i just don’t think he was in a good frame of mind and it’s so sad that it was one of his closet friends who found him :(
I absolutely adored Bourdain (his is the only ‘celebrity’ death that hit me hard) and I really can’t stand Asia, but I think it’s a horrible old trope to ‘blame’ the woman somehow for his death (not having a go at you btw!) I’m lucky enough to be able to travel quite extensively, and I’ve been to quite a few of the places that he went to, and have spoken to people who knew him. And they’ve all said the same thing, which boiled down to ‘lovely, but a drunk’.
Metal health problems (which he was open about) combined with heavy heavy drinking, really isn’t a good combination. But the ‘Roadrunner’ film seemed to skip over a lot of that, and go straight to implying that Asia somehow pushed him over the edge.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Billie Piper‘s new tv series started last night, ”I Hate Suzie Too”. Apparently she’s fantastic in it, she‘s trending on Twitter with people praising her. I wonder if it’s a coincidence that Laurence Fox sent out those vile tweets last night too? I wouldn’t put it past him.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
So tempted to look up Lumley’s rubber anus - not literally, but via Google - but dare not.
I've got visions of Joanna on a coke binge bouncing down the street on her arse like she's sat on a space hopper.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Re: patient confidentiality
I live in the next street to Freddie and see him and his family out and about regularly. The gossip does not need to have been someone in the medical profession. He has friends and neighbours…
I thought that. I’ve worked in healthcare a long time and don’t know anyone who would breach confidentiality.

Not just sexual misadventures, also putting coke up the bum darling.

Source: she told me in the ladies at a showbiz event in the 90s.
Someone (not famous but he worked in A&R) told me he would soak a tampon in vodka and stick it up his arse for a quick and cheap high. Fast way to get drunk apparently. Also bleeping weird. I’ll stick to my G&T’s thanks. (not in my bum either)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Billie Piper‘s new tv series started last night, ”I Hate Suzie Too”. Apparently she’s fantastic in it, she‘s trending on Twitter with people praising her. I wonder if it’s a coincidence that Laurence Fox sent out those vile tweets last night too? I wouldn’t put it past him.
No, he being a very pointed bleep.
I saw the first series she is fantastic in it.

Reactions: 5
I absolutely adored Bourdain (his is the only ‘celebrity’ death that hit me hard) and I really can’t stand Asia, but I think it’s a horrible old trope to ‘blame’ the woman somehow for his death (not having a go at you btw!) I’m lucky enough to be able to travel quite extensively, and I’ve been to quite a few of the places that he went to, and have spoken to people who knew him. And they’ve all said the same thing, which boiled down to ‘lovely, but a drunk’.
Metal health problems (which he was open about) combined with heavy heavy drinking, really isn’t a good combination. But the ‘Roadrunner’ film seemed to skip over a lot of that, and go straight to implying that Asia somehow pushed him over the edge.
oh no i fully agree with you - it sadly happens too much that the woman in the picture gets dragged in needlessly (as per the woody allen convo last night and all brad pitt convos). i was responding to the other poster who brought up the cheating as i had no idea. i do think in bourdain’s case it was a deeply stressful and dark situation which may not have helped (not the photos, i was unaware of, but the paying off her victim etc).

like you say, he had a lot of demons. 99% of those weren’t related to her in any way. i always got the feeling, based on he spoke about his own mortality, that he knew he wouldn’t make old bones. incredibly sad and a great loss.

Reactions: 7
Tattlers I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy Christmas, thank you all for the gossip and laughs on these pages, it has meant more to me that you can ever know this past year to have a little community that is guaranteed to make me laugh.

So in the festive spirit to honour our Patron Saint, I want you to know that he knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows when you are bad or good so be good for goodness sake, you better watch out cos this Christmas season Sir Cliff is hunting you down.

Untitled design(1).png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Tattlers I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy Christmas, thank you all for the gossip and laughs on these pages, it has meant more to me that you can ever know this past year to have a little community that is guaranteed to make me laugh.

So in the festive spirit to honour our Patron Saint, I want you to know that he knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows when you are bad or good so be good for goodness sake, you better watch out cos this Christmas season Sir Cliff is hunting you down.

View attachment 1827214
it seems weird to say “awww” to that actual masterpiece of a photo but aww - i can only say thank you too! it’s a lovely community here and thanks for all the ☕

thank you also for a whole list of references and in-jokes that no one in my real life will ever understand 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

View attachment 1827214
Lol this is brilliant. I'm based in Canada so normally on a different time zone to everyone else and so delayed on seeing the amazing posts. Not this time! Happy holidays (as they say!) to you and everyone else here that keeps me entertained!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She was so annoying! Just give the answer we don't need to know everything you know about the subject! And in the geography round when she had to let everyone know whether their answer was right before Richard could even get a word in. Ugh I'm still annoyed 😅
Loved when Ivo wouldn't accept her offer of the pity prize 🤣
Bloody love Ivo, I hope he wins tonight, if not I will be raging! Her face when he wouldn't accept the pity prize was brilliant!

• Haha
Reactions: 7

View attachment 1827214
This is awesome. If he's going after LadBaby to stop them getting the Christmas No 1 I'll give him an alibi.

Merry Christmas Tattlers!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The winner of today's Sybil Fawlty Award for the Bleeding Obvious. Many thanks.

If you'd bothered to read my post more carefully, you would have realised that I wasn't actually making any such point, but we wouldn't want to spoil your self-righteous response, would we?
Cmon that's unnecessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The winner of today's Sybil Fawlty Award for the Bleeding Obvious. Many thanks.

If you'd bothered to read my post more carefully, you would have realised that I wasn't actually making any such point, but we wouldn't want to spoil your self-righteous response, would we?
Tattle doesn't seem to bring you much joy and actually seems to cause you a lot of anger and negativity. Maybe find a different forum that you get on better with?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Probably a controversial one, but it really gets on my nerves when a relatively minor celebrity dies and people act like they have lost a limb or a loved one, despite having never mentioned them before.

The latest example is that DJ from the Ellen DeGeneres Show - you absolutely never heard his name mentioned before but, now he has died, people are acting as if one of the nearest and dearest croaked in front of them on the living room floor.

Paul Walker was a similarly weird one – not somebody who many people could pick out of the lineup and, if they could, it would be as “that bald bloke from Fast and Furious”. But he was suddenly everyone’s favourite actor of all time when he died.

I hate the phrase “virtue signalling” and find it quite a lazy catch-all but that’s what this is – people latching onto the grief of an obscure famous person to make out that they are some sympathetic martyr.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.