Secret Celebrity Gossip #100

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m always curious about the Woody Allen scandal. May be someone on here is more clued up than me but while it’s creepy to us was it just a genuine attraction? I’ve read interviews from Mia & interviews from Woody. Soon-Yi is adamant it wasn’t abuse but then she would say that, wouldn’t she? Mia, I always found a bit much. Wondering around the globe collecting kids! There’s always been a rumour that one of her children is Frank Sinatra’s. The journalist, can’t remember his name! I think I read they (Mia/Frank) stayed in close contact right up until his death. I don’t think Tom Hanks is pervy but I don’t think he’s Mr Perfect either (no one is)! I don’t really mind celebrities speaking up on things they find important. I get most are hypocrites and some can be patronising or arrogant but on the other hand they have a right to their opinion as much as we do. Yes, they earn well but some of them have worked extremely hard and still do. If any one of us wanted that lifestyle so badly, there’s nothing stopping us from at least trying. I don’t envy them, their jobs, their fame or their financial status. It would be my worst nightmare to live that life!
Yes, Ronan Farrow (see photo below) - who just happens to be the image of a young Sinatra! The Soon-Yi thing is fucked up whichever way you look at it. Allen was her stepfather for about a decade and then “began” a relationship with her when she was 21…yes, course you did. For that alone he’s a bleeping horrible pervert, but he has also been accused of abusing his adopted daughter.

Attachments

Reactions: 36
I’m always curious about the Woody Allen scandal. May be someone on here is more clued up than me but while it’s creepy to us was it just a genuine attraction? I’ve read interviews from Mia & interviews from Woody. Soon-Yi is adamant it wasn’t abuse but then she would say that, wouldn’t she? Mia, I always found a bit much. Wondering around the globe collecting kids! There’s always been a rumour that one of her children is Frank Sinatra’s. The journalist, can’t remember his name! I think I read they (Mia/Frank) stayed in close contact right up until his death. I don’t think Tom Hanks is pervy but I don’t think he’s Mr Perfect either (no one is)! I don’t really mind celebrities speaking up on things they find important. I get most are hypocrites and some can be patronising or arrogant but on the other hand they have a right to their opinion as much as we do. Yes, they earn well but some of them have worked extremely hard and still do. If any one of us wanted that lifestyle so badly, there’s nothing stopping us from at least trying. I don’t envy them, their jobs, their fame or their financial status. It would be my worst nightmare to live that life!
honestly, my focus has never been on mia or her “collecting kids”. i am very uncomfortable by the idea of asking “was it a genuine attraction” when woody met soon-yi when she was ten years old and his stepdaughter. he claims their “relationship” began when he was 56 and she was 21 and he had been in her life, as a father figure, dating her mother, for a decade. regardless of anyone’s feelings on mia farrow, querying if there was a genuine attraction between a “father” and the girl he went on to have a sexual relationship with is ick in the extreme. soon-yi will never say anything else because, why would she? he has been in her life since she was a literal child.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
whether or not it was genuine attraction is irrelevant. For example, grooming and abuse can skew an individual’s sexuality and view of what healthy sexual attraction looks like.

he was in a position of authority in her life. He is dad to her brother. On top of this, Soon-Yi had a traumatic start in life. She was abandoned on the street age six and had memories of eating garbage to survive.

it doesn’t matter if she felt an attraction - because humans can confuse sexual attraction for a deep desire for human connection, or as a replacement bond for lost parental figures. It doesn’t even matter how long they’ve been “happily” married because longevity isn’t an indication of much.

he was a wealthy, older, more influential man and she was a young, inexperienced woman who had suffered deep trauma as a child, his own son’s sibling, and began a sexual relationship with her when she was in her early 20s.

morally it’s just all wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
honestly, my focus has never been on mia or her “collecting kids”. i am very uncomfortable by the idea of asking “was it a genuine attraction” when woody met soon-yi when she was ten years old and his stepdaughter. he claims their “relationship” began when he was 56 and she was 21 and he had been in her life, as a father figure, dating her mother, for a decade. regardless of anyone’s feelings on mia farrow, querying if there was a genuine attraction between a “father” and the girl he went on to have a sexual relationship with is ick in the extreme. soon-yi will never say anything else because, why would she? he has been in her life since she was a literal child.
I actually didn’t know that bit. About her adopted age. Which is why I said someone would may be know more than me! I’ve read little bits. There was an article not long ago which didn’t really go in to anything other than his co stars and how they didn’t see any wrong in working with him. They had all agreed no proof. So he was innocent in their eyes. But that plays in to the ignorance of Hollywood. Sign up for Me Too while wanting to work with Woody Allen. I used the wrong words to say about it being an attraction. If she was 10! Then bleeping hell!!
Yes, whatever way you look at it, he is 100% wrong. I really didn’t know she was 10! At first I thought it was their Nanny. I hadn’t actually realised she’d been adopted by them when I first read about it?

Ronan Farrow is the spit of Sinatra!

Reactions: 7
I actually didn’t know that bit. About her adopted age. Which is why I said someone would may be know more than me! I’ve read little bits. There was an article not long ago which didn’t really go in to anything other than his co stars and how they didn’t see any wrong in working with him. They had all agreed no proof. So he was innocent in their eyes. But that plays in to the ignorance of Hollywood. Sign up for Me Too while wanting to work with Woody Allen. I used the wrong words to say about it being an attraction. If she was 10! Then bleeping hell!!
Yes, whatever way you look at it, he is 100% wrong. I really didn’t know she was 10! At first I thought it was their Nanny. I hadn’t actually realised she’d been adopted by them when I first read about it?

Ronan Farrow is the spit of Sinatra!
she was adopted by mia and andre previn (probably better known to brits from that morcambe and wise sketch!) - mia met woody when soon-yi was 10 so (although he never legally adopted her) he certainly played a stepfather role for much of her life.

there is a good article here which breaks down the timeline based on exact quotes etc:

woody is sadly one of many who hollywood are prepared to work with if it will bring them awards recognition while also stating #metoo, if you name an actor then 7 or 8 times out of 10 you can name a “dodgy” or predatory director or costar they’ve been happy to work with.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
whether or not it was genuine attraction is irrelevant. For example, grooming and abuse can skew an individual’s sexuality and view of what healthy sexual attraction looks like.

he was in a position of authority in her life. He is dad to her brother. On top of this, Soon-Yi had a traumatic start in life. She was abandoned on the street age six and had memories of eating garbage to survive.

it doesn’t matter if she felt an attraction - because humans can confuse sexual attraction for a deep desire for human connection, or as a replacement bond for lost parental figures. It doesn’t even matter how long they’ve been “happily” married because longevity isn’t an indication of much.

he was a wealthy, older, more influential man and she was a young, inexperienced woman who had suffered deep trauma as a child, his own son’s sibling, and began a sexual relationship with her when she was in her early 20s.

morally it’s just all wrong.
I really didn’t know she was 10! I am actually speechless at that! Yes, it’s wrong if she was 16/17 also! I am speechless that people have defended working for him in that article. If they knew he adopted her at 10. Alec Baldwin was one. Penelope Cruz and her husband! I’m sure Kristen Stewart to!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Woody groomed a young teen, cheated on his wife with her and left to set up home with her. Imagine the impact of that on your family. Absolutely devastating. And of course his daughter has accused him of sexual abuse. Given Woodys form I’m surprised anyone can defend him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
she was adopted by mia and andre previn (probably better known to brits from that morcambe and wise sketch!) - mia met woody when soon-yi was 10 so (although he never legally adopted her) he certainly played a stepfather role for much of her life.

there is a good article here which breaks down the timeline based on exact quotes etc:

woody is sadly one of many who hollywood are prepared to work with if it will bring them awards recognition while also stating #metoo, if you name an actor then 7 or 8 times out of 10 you can name a “dodgy” or predatory director or costar they’ve been happy to work with.
I’m going to read this now! I’m disgusted that I read that article and it never even mentions Soon-Yi’s age when he met her!

Reactions: 6
I really didn’t know she was 10! I am actually speechless at that! Yes, it’s wrong if she was 16/17 also! I am speechless that people have defended working for him in that article. If they knew he adopted her at 10. Alec Baldwin was one. Penelope Cruz and her husband! I’m sure Kristen Stewart to!
the list of actors who have worked with him and defended doing so is huge, sadly. colin firth has gone on record saying he regrets it and i believe one or two donated their pay for the movie to charity but it’s a small group.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I actually think Mia is also quite mad. I suspect the stuff with Woody abusing the younger child was made up. She was terrible to some of her children wasn’t she?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I actually think Mia is also quite mad. I suspect the stuff with Woody abusing the younger child was made up. She was terrible to some of her children wasn’t she?
i don’t think it’s irrelevant to assume that she made it up out of hurt (given that she claimed the allegations a few months after she found out about woody and soon-yi) and i believe two or three of her other adopted children died very young. but i do find it tiresome when any discussion of woody gets looped back to “well i think mia is mad”. the same way any conversation of brad pitt comes back to “well i’ve never liked angelina”. the wives/women don’t always have to be brought into the equation, especially in this instance. whatever mia did or didn’t do before or after is irrelevant when discussing woody’s grooming of her daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I actually respect the actors who have stood by their decision to work with him over people who decided in 2018 that Woody Allen’s near-30-year-and-incredibly-well-documented public relationship was suddenly beyond their conscience.

Also a reminded that, unlike Polanski, Woody Allen has never been prosecuted for any crime and the courts threw out the accusations against him. It was alleged in court by a child psychologist (I believe) that the daughter may have been coached into making the allegations against him.

Reactions: 9
I mean I think Woody is vile. I don’t think Mia’s behaviour negates any of his. I think they are both toxic.
I’ll have to re read it all but I think 2 of her adopted children committed suicide and another doesn’t speak to her. I’m not sure she should have been in charge of vulnerable children in the first place.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I honestly couldn't say either way but some of the other children have disputed the allegation made against Woody re the younger daughter and alleged that Mia abused and emotionally manipulated them.

I believe a family nanny has also disputed the allegation.

I have no firm opinion on it, both Mia and Woody lack credibility.

Reactions: 13
Some of the actors who spoke out in support of MeToo still work with the likes of Woody Allen and a few of them gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation so they can just duck off. I admire Brendan Fraser, he was nominated recently for an award but has said he won’t attend because he spoke out after being sexually assaulted by the organisation president.
I really hope Brendan knows how loved he is! I so wish I could meet him and just tell him how special of a human he is! His story is sad but his "comeback" is amazing. I really don't like Darren Aronofsky movies but I'm looking forward to seeing The Whale when I can.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I mean I think Woody is vile. I don’t think Mia’s behaviour negates any of his. I think they are both toxic.
I’ll have to re read it all but I think 2 of her adopted children committed suicide and another doesn’t speak to her. I’m not sure she should have been in charge of vulnerable children in the first place.
no i think i misread the intent of your post and i apologise!

i think it is valid to imply that dylan was coached to say some things. as said above, it all started coming out a few months after mia found out about woody and soon-yi and i think you could argue that mia acted out of hurt. i would agree that she shouldn’t have adopted vulnerable children when she obviously struggled to cater for their needs. i googled after your post and it was three of her adopted children who died (of suicide and overdose).

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I also saw an interview with Woody where he stated that Mia still wanted to work on his next film after she had publicly and legally accused him of sexually abusing his own child!

She’s definitely a few tomatoes short of a salad.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
yep: it was the golden globes that he is refusing to attend (so not a small award) because he was sexually assaulted by philip berk (one time president of the globes). he is incredibly brave, especially considering he got blacklisted for a while after it happened.

like you say: hollywood are hypocrites, they’re all here signing petitions to get polanski’s conviction overturned, working with woody allen, mel gibson, david o’russell etc if they think they’ll get awards recognition for it.
How Mel Gibson is still working is beyond me. That isn't even a case of he said/she said ... it was on the recordings for everyone to hear. Racist, violent, domestic abuser.

Reactions: 31
How Mel Gibson is still working is a beyond me. That isn't even a case of he said/she said ... it was on the recordings for everyone to hear. Racist, violent, domestic abuser.
it’s wild. not even what he said to the police officer, but what he said and did to his wife/partner when she was holding their baby. i’m a big andrew garfield fan but i will always slightly judge him for happily working with mel after all that (especially while having a jewish father).

i wonder if he just built up so much good feeling before this stuff started coming out that people had loyalty to him? it is crazy that he still works and gets award recognition though.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I am now down a Woody Allen & Mia Farrow rabbit hole.
She actually defended Polanski! 😳

Her son Moses claims Dylan was never abused and Mia was the abuser, who beat him regularly. He is now a councillor dealing with marriage and adoption issues. He described it as “escaping the clan”!

Woody & Soon-Yi were allowed to adopt two girls! Christ!!!

This was sort of my point about her collecting children and appearing to be some sort of guardian Angel to them all. I actually do think she’s as bad.

Whatever Mia is, It still doesn’t excuse him marrying a woman he took to basket ball games from the age of 10/11.
Good god what an effed up situation that is!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.