Secret Celebrity Gossip #100

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really liked him until this point. Maybe it was just unfortunate timing but his face was so enraged, I’d speculate he’s either at best humourless or at worst humourless, arrogant and pompous
Quite a few of them (Hollywood celebs) had faces like smacked arses at that event when Ricky Gervais was on. They do tend to take themselves very VERY seriously indeed, which is exactly why Ricky was having a pop at them.

Reactions: 27
Quite a few of them (Hollywood celebs) had faces like smacked arses at that event when Ricky Gervais was on. They do tend to take themselves very VERY seriously indeed, which is exactly why Ricky was having a pop at them.
In fairness, I wouldn’t really want someone coming into my work event (intended to celebrate achievements etc) and basically slagging everyone off and making individuals in the room feel uncomfortable.

It’s easy for us to lap it up as outsiders but I don’t blame some of the people involved for finding it anything from a mild nuisance to downright inappropriate.

Reactions: 6
But surely you'd know the pitfalls of your company and industry? Every job I've had I've never know either the employer or industry was perfect and was able to laugh at or be critical? Same with most fellow employees tbh.

It just shows a lack of self awareness

Reactions: 4
Trolling in a good way - she's set up an annual festive beach shoot at Sandy Lane every year for about 20 years for absolutely no obvious reason!

For the first few year we were all baffled and she got slated on the sidebar of shame. I think general consensus (at least in my office) then moved through that to 'ok then'... followed by.... 'this funny' to .... 'it's not 'Chrismas wihout it'. She's a yuletide icon 🤣
I wonder if she just thinks ' bloody hell I just want to go to Lapland this year, but I have to do this f@@!$%# shoot for the Daily Mail! I wonder if they pay for her to go? It seems to he her only work!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
In fairness, I wouldn’t really want someone coming into my work event (intended to celebrate achievements etc) and basically slagging everyone off and making individuals in the room feel uncomfortable.

It’s easy for us to lap it up as outsiders but I don’t blame some of the people involved for finding it anything from a mild nuisance to downright inappropriate.
But people in most non-political professions don't feel entitled to lecture the world on all kinds of issues of which they're not qualified to teach. Whereas Hollywood celebs DO feel entitled. And that's why they deserved all they got from him.

Reactions: 23
But people in most non-political professions don't feel entitled to lecture the world on all kinds of issues of which they're not qualified to teach. Whereas Hollywood celebs DO feel entitled. And that's why they deserved all they got from him.
But despite the roasting they still got up and did the smug lecturing at that awards! And every award show since!

Reactions: 14
People accuse Hollywood stars of being out of touch, elitist and ignoring the needs of the ordinary person. So those stars talk about things like sexual assault, animal welfare, minority rights and so on and they’re accused of “smug lecturing”.

Seems like they can’t win.

Reactions: 11
People accuse Hollywood stars of being out of touch, elitist and ignoring the needs of the ordinary person. So those stars talk about things like sexual assault, animal welfare, minority rights and so on and they’re accused of “smug lecturing”.

All depends how it's done, and most of the time it's for self publicity while lacking any self awareness, smacks of hypocrisy and lacking any authenticity. Also much of the time they are just reposting something or quoting some pr blurb.

At least someone like Angelina Jolie puts the work in and doesn't make herself the focus

• Heart
Reactions: 20

You can lecture on things like sexual assault when you're not back slapping and turning a blind eye to the likes of Harvey Weinstein and Roman Polanski ...

Th problem is so many of them are hypocritical and would throw their grandma's under a bus to get a shot at an Oscar winning role.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Some of the actors who spoke out in support of MeToo still work with the likes of Woody Allen and a few of them gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation so they can just duck off. I admire Brendan Fraser, he was nominated recently for an award but has said he won’t attend because he spoke out after being sexually assaulted by the organisation president.

Reactions: 54

Except, for me at least, that lecturing is what demonstrates how out of touch and elitist they are because it's delivered from their extremely narrow and privileged points of view, and in a fashion which is heavily focused on gaining praise and attention for themselves.

They speak on these issues as if they have a right to dictate how people feel about them and how others should act. As if being a celebrity automatically makes them correct and morally superior.

Some of them have never had a real job in their lives but think they can tell all of the people who work day in day out, for a fraction of what they earn, to make their immensely comfortable and privileged lives possible what to do and how to live.

Reactions: 20
I really liked him until this point. Maybe it was just unfortunate timing but his face was so enraged, I’d speculate he’s either at best humourless or at worst humourless, arrogant and pompous
I took that face as humorous shock. I rewatched all of Ricky’s GG hosting appearances just last week and Tom’s been in the audience before laughing so he knows Ricky’s humour. He knew the camera was on him and reacted to it at one point.

I took that face as humorous shock. I rewatched all of Ricky’s GG hosting appearances just last week and Tom’s been in the audience before laughing so he knows Ricky’s humour. He knew the camera was on him and reacted to it at one point.
Yeah he definitely wasn't horrified imo
My fave from the 2020 globes was Chris evans, he did not give a single duck 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Some of the actors who spoke out in support of MeToo still work with the likes of Woody Allen and a few of them gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation so they can just duck off. I admire Brendan Fraser, he was nominated recently for an award but has said he won’t attend because he spoke out after being sexually assaulted by the organisation president.
yep: it was the golden globes that he is refusing to attend (so not a small award) because he was sexually assaulted by philip berk (one time president of the globes). he is incredibly brave, especially considering he got blacklisted for a while after it happened.

like you say: hollywood are hypocrites, they’re all here signing petitions to get polanski’s conviction overturned, working with woody allen, mel gibson, david o’russell etc if they think they’ll get awards recognition for it.

Reactions: 28
I’m always curious about the Woody Allen scandal. May be someone on here is more clued up than me but while it’s creepy to us was it just a genuine attraction? I’ve read interviews from Mia & interviews from Woody. Soon-Yi is adamant it wasn’t abuse but then she would say that, wouldn’t she? Mia, I always found a bit much. Wondering around the globe collecting kids! There’s always been a rumour that one of her children is Frank Sinatra’s. The journalist, can’t remember his name! I think I read they (Mia/Frank) stayed in close contact right up until his death. I don’t think Tom Hanks is pervy but I don’t think he’s Mr Perfect either (no one is)! I don’t really mind celebrities speaking up on things they find important. I get most are hypocrites and some can be patronising or arrogant but on the other hand they have a right to their opinion as much as we do. Yes, they earn well but some of them have worked extremely hard and still do. If any one of us wanted that lifestyle so badly, there’s nothing stopping us from at least trying. I don’t envy them, their jobs, their fame or their financial status. It would be my worst nightmare to live that life!

• Sick
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.