Secret Celebrity Gossip #100

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I have to ask…. My sister is convinced Tom Hanks is a wrong ‘un. I just can’t see it. Any tea?
Henry Winkler hates him. I'd imagine he is difficult to work with. He's a bit barky, to me. Like I think he'd shout at an assistant if his cappuccino had a millimetre of too much foam.

How Henry doesn't answer the TH question here yet somehow does is so skilled.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Henry Winkler hates him. I'd imagine he is difficult to work with. He's a bit barky, to me. Like I think he'd shout at an assistant if his cappuccino had a millimetre of too much foam.

Love Henry Winkler!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Who cares, she’s an absolute melt trying to stay relevant and hide the fact she’s a racist and a bully. She always annoyed me poor man’s bad Streisand impersonator
yep!! 👏🏻👏🏻 outsides now reflecting her insides - how she managed to still get work after all those stories about how she was on glee is incredible.

and ron howard tried to be the go-between for them!

Reactions: 7
yep!! 👏🏻👏🏻 outsides now reflecting her insides - how she managed to still get work after all those stories about how she was on glee is incredible.

and ron howard tried to be the go-between for them!

I like Ron Howard too. Love that he gives/gave his dad and brothers a spot in his films. Comes off in not a nepo way but in a "sorry I'm the successful one" way 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I like Ron Howard too. Love that he gives/gave his dad and brothers a spot in his films. Comes off in not a nepo way but in a "sorry I'm the successful one" way 😆
aw it really does! he does seem a very kind man - and he did pretty well to break out of his child actor/sitcom past too.

Henry Winkler - one of the nicest, kindest, most genuine people in show business, anywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

I love Henry Winkler!

He gets even cooler with age and just seems so bloody NICE and always has.

NICE is very underrated in my opinion ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Re Tom Hanks, apparently when they were casting for Bonfire of the Vanities, he objected to Melanie Griffith on the grounds she'd just had a baby (Dakota Johnson!) and wouldn't be "in shape" enough. 😒

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
I love Henry Winkler!

He gets even cooler with age and just seems so bloody NICE and always has.

NICE is very underrated in my opinion ♥
He also doesn't get enough credit for his work to help children with dyslexia. He suffers from it himself, so just reading a script takes ages of agonising study, and he now not only writes children's books aimed at helping other sufferers but also works amazingly hard to make the broader public realise just how difficult it still is for kids just to be spotted and diagnosed, let alone supported and encouraged, and he pours a fortune into the cause, too, in the UK as well as the US.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Re Tom Hanks, apparently when they were casting for Bonfire of the Vanities, he objected to Melanie Griffith on the grounds she'd just had a baby (Dakota Johnson!) and wouldn't be "in shape" enough. 😒
Thw nicest guy in Hollywood image is way too good to be true. I've read a few stories like this. I think he's an incredible actor and I love all his 80s and 90s films but I wouldn't be surprised if he was difficult.

Reactions: 14
Wasn’t Tom Hanks on the manifest for the Lolita express a number of times.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I think Hanks is generally a decent person. But he's a leading man. For one thing, that always means he carries a huge amount of pressure on his shoulders to make each project work, and he also has massive personal pressure to keep up his star status, and there are very few individuals who can cope with that over many years without occasionally cracking (when an actor isn't expected to get an Oscar nomination for every role, they can be much more easy-going than those few who are expected to do just that).

It's also just a fact that sometimes styles and skills do just clash. Take Richard Briers - a lovely man, but a great worrier, and when he was doing Ever Decreasing Circles he got so anxious about his own performance that he ended up asking for a different director to push him harder. He was deeply embarrassed about seeing a good director sacked, but it wasn't just some exercise in star power. Sometimes the chemistry isn't working.

The fact that Hanks and Winkler clashed is really surprising, but I really doubt there was anything beyond professional neuroticism behind it.

• Heart
Wasn’t Tom hanks rumoured to have had an affair with the actress who played snow white in once apon a time?
Ginnifer something.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.