Secret Celeb Gossip #62

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's interesting. If someone like Patsy Palmer (who looks nice but pretty average to me) looks pretty in real life then the ones that do look stunning on screen such as Charlize Theron must able to stop traffic.
I sat next to Patsy and her husband in a restaurant in the summer before lockdown. Low key, no make. Just an ordinary middle aged woman. Even her hair looked more brown than red. Definitely her. Recognise that voice anywhere and her husband.

Reactions: 4
No I think it's a different thing. Showstoppers on camera often look pretty average in real life, they just have the ability to work the camera, and sometimes they have quite big features which work well on camera but not so much in real life. I have friends like this, who photograph amazingly well but in real life doesnt quite work. Sadly, I am neither!!
yes, that's true.

Reactions: 1
I remember my ex once asking what shops I go in to buy clothes (very early days of us dating) and I said the usual suspects of Topshop (RIP), Zara etc.. and he asked ‘what about Bon Marche’ just really deadpan 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I remember my ex once asking what shops I go in to buy clothes (very early days of us dating) and I said the usual suspects of Topshop (RIP), Zara etc.. and he asked ‘what about Bon Marche’ just really deadpan 💀
Getting Bates Motel vibes <shudder>

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Can’t understand how the hell Bon Marche has outlived Topshop 😭
It was never managed by Phillip Green! 😆

That said it has been in administration twice in recent times so it may not be far behind Topshop.

I still feel sad about Topshop, even though it hadn't been a patch on what it was originally for a long time. I don't think I've ever been into a Bon Marche, just looking at the window display was enough to move me along swiftly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

That said it has been in administration twice in recent times so it may not be far behind Topshop.

I still feel sad about Topshop, even though it hadn't been a patch on what it was originally for a long time. I don't think I've ever been into a Bon Marche, just looking at the window display was enough to move me along swiftly.
Andreas Collection is their last hope 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My sister lived next door to Patsy (Julie) many years ago when she was in Brighton and is/was apparently very very lovely. Obviously this was before she went to the states.

Reactions: 12
Re: Patsy Palmer. When you move to California you are obliged to chat a lot of drivel and follow a way of life.
Avocados for breakfast, Ashtanga Yoga in the morning, vegan smoothie at lunch, cupping, reiki and spiritual wank on Instagram in the afternoon, Peloton in the early evening. Bed by 9.30pm for a 5am rise to salute the sun.

(Every third Friday, two bags of Heroin, half a bottle of Vodka, two packs of cigarettes and some MDMA.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

My Mum absolutely loved Bonmarch. I can't t believe it's still going.

Top Shop and the rest of Sir Philip's empire were so badly managed and he sucked every last penny out of them. It will come as no surprise that he is horrid. I known 3 people who had dealings with him and all said the same thing. Absolute pig of a man.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Someone I know worked with Philip Green. He was visiting the flagship Topshop in Oxford Street and lit up a cigar. His assistant had to run behind him with her hands cupped for him to flick his ash into.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Someone I know worked with Philip Green. He was visiting the flagship Topshop in Oxford Street and lit up a cigar. His assistant had to run behind him with her hands cupped for him to flick his ash into.
One of the people said the team desperately tried to get him to update their on line presence and get in line with their competitors but he just wouldn't. Likewise with the pricing. Top Shop were seriously struggling prior to Covid.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I will never forget Lionel Blair doing a massive fart in the garden on Celebrity Big Brother.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.