Secret Celeb Gossip #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you use it, and not get addicted or not get too fond of it then? It's the only drug I have ever been tempted to try, but slightly scared of getting addicted....
Some people can but I have seen too many lives ruined by it. Not worth it in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Frank has said about the papers saying the above was 'Only problem I have with this is the headlines. I don't know who spoke to the press but I was in hospital for a week and didn't speak to anyone and certainly don't have an issue with Chris Kamara. Football used to be a contact game! Remember those days!"

McAvennie's career ended was more to do with the drinking, womanising and the taking of cocaine.
This was Frank in his own book who claimed Kamara stated that. His injury led to pain and drugs when rehabbing. He was never the same after the tackle.

Kammy was also alleged to have said, "Get up you Scottish bastard, this is a man's game". So casual xenophobia and sexism as well! 😆

I've never watched any programme he was in except TV Burp and tonight on that old episode of CDWM, but I have to say I find him hilarious. I can see he plays up to the cameras, but I also think he's probably like that in real life too. I hear he's actually very talented and highly revered in his dancing / choreography.

I love outlandish, loud, funny people, I've some friends that are like him personality wise and you can guarantee you'll never spend a dull time with them.

I never get bored of people like that, although I appreciate they can be a bit much for some. 😁 Plus they make me look quiet by comparison and I'm no wallflower.
Five seconds in his company and I'd be trying to drown him in the kitchen sink! 🚰😉

Reactions: 4
This was Frank in his own book who claimed Kamara stated that. His injury led to pain and drugs when rehabbing. He was never the same after the tackle.

Kammy was also alleged to have said, "Get up you Scottish bastard, this is a man's game". So casual xenophobia and sexism as well! 😆
Only casual, so Kamara didn't really mean it then??? ;) ;)

So the Mail have put 2 articles out about Damon Alburn in a few weeks. And notice another one about Paul Nichols too. Anyone else think he looks like his nose has collapsed like Danniella's?

Paul Nichols! I had a member join my last gym (worked there) called the same thing, he was also blonde and rather fit. I’d forgotten the original PN till then. Was really surprised to see he was only in EE for a year?! I was v young then (9) but remember him being the little heart throb !!

Reactions: 3
Can you use it, and not get addicted or not get too fond of it then? It's the only drug I have ever been tempted to try, but slightly scared of getting addicted....
Not everyone becomes addicted but I know a lot of people who took it and quickly couldn’t enjoy a night out without scoring. It can really mess with your mental health too. I took it a few times and could take or leave it

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Paul Nichols had an extremely nasty accident a few years ago when he was hiking in some jungle and not found for several days. I think he is still recovering and believe he broke some bones.
😯😯😯😯
I was also surprised to read the other day that miquita Oliver and Simon Amstel were caught in the boxing. Day tsunami in Thailand!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I’m old but when I was at school they had Paul Kossoff‘s Dad give us a lecture on drugs. Paul was in the band Free and died of drugs. They showed so much amazing footage of Woodstock, it made me want to become a teenage groupie, take loads of drugs and duck the life out of Paul Rogers (lead singer of Free).
He came to our school too. We were about 14/15 at the time.

Reactions: 4
Haha yes that’s the one, he was so good looking, I’m surprised he didn’t get more work after! We must be around the same age then!
Didn't Jack Ryder slag off EastEnders at one point? I think this is one of the reasons why we don't see him, in any high profile productions anymore.

Reactions: 5

Frank's a bit of a loveable joke in Scotland these days, gets the piss ripped out of him every Hogmanay on Only An Excuse. Not that that makes any of the above okay.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
😯😯😯😯
I was also surprised to read the other day that miquita Oliver and Simon Amstel were caught in the boxing. Day tsunami in Thailand!
I've been watching Simom on Buzzcocks on YouTube / Daily Motion this week. I forgot how funny he was. Sooooo acerbic and quick-witted.

He had that melt Donny Tourette on one show, who was trying to be "oh so rock and and roll", sooo edgy. He kept trying to rip the piss out of Bill Bailey and Simon, but they were way too quick for him.

At one point, doing the intros round, Donny stands there and goes to Simon, "I think you're one of these!", grabs his flat crotch, thrusts and gurns.

Simon, dead pan, in a cut glass posh voice replies, "You think me.... a small penis?" I howled. 😭😅

Then the show with Amy Winehouse, she and he were bouncing off each other, it was just brilliant. Miss Amy, bless her.

Then finally, this 11 seconds of pure, "Oh no, he DIDN'T!"😲😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
From what I’ve read in the past Eastenders actors are under a contract to that show and need special permission to do other work, eg panto, other TV series’, and someone would need to be a pretty big, long term star in it to get permission to do other things too.

coronation Street allows its actors to do other things such as pantomine and personal appearances.
Not when Bill Podmore was the producer. According to Podmore's biography, Chris Quinten (Brian Tilsley) had to leave the show, because he did some work outside of Corrie.

Reactions: 5
Some people can but I have seen too many lives ruined by it. Not worth it in my opinion.
It’s evil stuff and it ruins lives. People think it’s a party drug but it sneaks up on people so they’re not happy with just a drink they want that too. It’s also stupidly expensive, and deceptively addictive.

Reactions: 20
I
I am defo not saying Coke it fine but I’ve done it a handful of times with huge gaps between. I think some people enjoy the effects more than others.

Reactions: 8
Not when Bill Podmore was the producer. According to Podmore's biography, Chris Quinten (Brian Tilsley) had to leave the show, because he did some work outside of Corrie.
Corrie and Emmerdale stars are never off other itv shows now. IAC , gameshows etc

Reactions: 3
It’s evil stuff and it ruins lives. People think it’s a party drug but it sneaks up on people so they’re not happy with just a drink they want that too. It’s also stupidly expensive, and deceptively addictive.
Honestly the insight id give - hark back to the film ‘Amy’ (as in winehouse)

there’s a bit which made me horrendously sad. When she wins the Grammy. She gives her speech then they cut to a shot of her best mate being interviewed for the film. She says that immediately after the speech was done, Amy started looking for her and pulled herup on the stage and then they went backstage or whatever. Anyway. She said Amy just looked at her and said “jules, this is so bleeping boring without drugs”

that’s cocaine once it has you. Hell of a drug, recreationally, but allow yourself to pass that point and forevermore, whatever you do, will never quite be the same because your addict brain will always be going “duck id kill for a line right now”

it made me horribly sad to watch that scene for the above reason. Imagine winning a bleeping Grammy (she was so shocked too) and it’s boring cos you’re not high.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.