Secret Celeb Gossip #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The strawberry and orange creams are my least favourite Quality Street, the Purple One will always be my fave :love: currently munching through a 1kg tin which only had 4 green triangles in it when I opened it :mad:
That in itself is scandalous!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any idea how much you have to be doing and for how long to get the ruined nose effect? And is it really even possible to do “11 bags a day” like dani said she was? I feel like you’d literally be sniffing every 2 mins to go through that! Always thought the same on “40 a day” people too even tho I’m a smoker I couldn’t manage that!

I’m sure someone posted on a past thread that it had happened to them (don’t wish to expose anyone but I couldn’t find it nor do I think you can DM people on here?) . If you’re comfortable giving some insight I feel it could be useful and a warning too lol but understand if you don’t wish to tell more.

Reactions: 5
Didn't Jack Ryder slag off EastEnders at one point? I think this is one of the reasons why we don't see him, in any high profile productions anymore.
He was in Holby City recently. I didn't recognise him at first. Was in for a few months playing a real baddie before being killed off.

Reactions: 4
Uk
Does anyone have any idea how much you have to be doing and for how long to get the ruined nose effect? And is it really even possible to do “11 bags a day” like dani said she was? I feel like you’d literally be sniffing every 2 mins to go through that! Always thought the same on “40 a day” people too even tho I’m a smoker I couldn’t manage that!

I’m sure someone posted on a past thread that it had happened to them (don’t wish to expose anyone but I couldn’t find it nor do I think you can DM people on here?) . If you’re comfortable giving some insight I feel it could be useful and a warning too lol but understand if you don’t wish to tell more.
I’m not an expert but have watched enough Coke heads, it’s literally tolerance and purity really. Some people can be doing crazy amounts and be fine. Others will do 10 lines and it’s nose bleed city. Nowadays unless you are super rich or in the no you will have it stamped all over I imagine the absolute rubbish they cut it with with rot your nose just as good.

Reactions: 7
It’s evil stuff and it ruins lives. People think it’s a party drug but it sneaks up on people so they’re not happy with just a drink they want that too. It’s also stupidly expensive, and deceptively addictive.
I have a work friend for many years (casual job) who was addicted at one point and on his own admission told me he was spending £1200 a month on it. We do not get paid that well in our job that’s all I’m saying.... dangerous game

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I have a work friend for many years (casual job) who was addicted at one point and on his own admission told me he was spending £1200 a month on it. We do not get paid that well in our job that’s all I’m saying.... dangerous game
£1200!!! Yikes!

Reactions: 6
I can easily believe that, my ex is an addict and the amount of money that has been up his nose is breathtaking. We were in so much debt I could barely sleep at night, it ruined my life and I wasn’t even touching it. I hate it with a passion and wish I’d never seen it or heard of it, it’s dangerous because it appears recreational and not as scary as some of the other drugs. But it’s awful, vile, dirty stuff.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I used to work in the sales industry and in my particular sector so many people did coke all the time. I walked into the management office a few times to find all of the managers having a line.

I was in the extreme minority in my workplace as a non coke user!

I think it’s more common in everyday life than we’d think!

• Wow
Reactions: 28
I can easily believe that, my ex is an addict and the amount of money that has been up his nose is breathtaking. We were in so much debt I could barely sleep at night, it ruined my life and I wasn’t even touching it. I hate it with a passion and wish I’d never seen it or heard of it, it’s dangerous because it appears recreational and not as scary as some of the other drugs. But it’s awful, vile, dirty stuff.
Sorry to hear you augferes from it and glad he is an ex!
Yes i think part of the prob is it’s not seen on the same level as crack, smack and meth but due to the cost of it (and the nose rot) people get sucked into it and still ruin their lives

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sorry to hear you augferes from it and glad he is an ex!
Yes i think part of the prob is it’s not seen on the same level as crack, smack and meth but due to the cost of it (and the nose rot) people get sucked into it and still ruin their lives
Thanks I’ve rebuilt my life and things are much better now. Yep that’s exactly it, it seems fun and ‘ok’ so people get sucked it. I’ll be showing my baby pictures of Daniella and doing everything I can to scare him away from it cause it terrifies me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I used to work in the sales industry and in my particular sector so many people did coke all the time. I walked into the management office a few times to find all of the managers having a line.

I was in the extreme minority in my workplace as a non coke user!

I think it’s more common in everyday life than we’d think!
Oh 1000000%. There’s even a meme “things I never realised until I became an adult : 1. Cheese is really expensive 2. EVERYONE does Coke

I am surprised they were doing it in the office tho haha. I once went on a date with a banker who told me his colleagues would be shaking at work from not having had a line.

that intrigues me tbh cos I’ve done it in the past sometimes more than others and have never had that “can’t go half a day without it” feeling.’ It was just a night time thing same way I’d bun a zoot or have a glass of wine to relax. I was never feenin throughout the day for it?

Thanks I’ve rebuilt my life and things are much better now. Yep that’s exactly it, it seems fun and ‘ok’ so people get sucked it. I’ll be showing my baby pictures of Daniella and doing everything I can to scare him away from it cause it terrifies me.
That’s meant to say “suffered” lool

Reactions: 9
Oh 1000000%. There’s even a meme “things I never realised until I became an adult : 1. Cheese is really expensive 2. EVERYONE does Coke

I am surprised they were doing it in the office tho haha. I once went on a date with a banker who told me his colleagues would be shaking at work from not having had a line.

that intrigues me tbh cos I’ve done it in the past sometimes more than others and have never had that “can’t go half a day without it” feeling.’ It was just a night time thing same way I’d bun a zoot or have a glass of wine to relax. I was never feenin throughout the day for it?

That’s meant to say “suffered” lool
Same ive never paid for it. I’ve done it if it’s there, I’ve also turned it down. It surprises me people get so addicted, like heroin I almost understand (I’ve never done it) but it’s an escapist drug. Coke I cannot

It was only ever something I briefly dabbled with in the late 90s, usually at after parties when I was already wasted. Several friends of mine then moved down to London after uni and got really into it, especially those in banking and finance. Most of them eventually moved on, had families etc and stopped but a few years back I went out with an old friend who was home visiting and I was pretty shocked that at nearly 40 years old she spent most of the evening trying to score (I didn't realise at first what was going on) and eventually abandoned me in the pub to go and chase down a dealer. I'd assumed we'd all grown out of that. Needless to say, I've never bothered meeting up with her again and she doesn't seem to have many friends these days.
Horrible drug, it has much more glamorous connotations than the likes of smack so people like to think they're not like 'normal junkies'.

Reactions: 16
Same ive never paid for it. I’ve done it if it’s there, I’ve also turned it down. It surprises me people get so addicted, like heroin I almost understand (I’ve never done it) but it’s an escapist drug. Coke I cannot
I was about to post this same message into the little mix thread

I’m currently reading a book on late-diagnosis ADHD (cos well that’s me!) and there is a FANTASTIC section on self medication and drug taking in general. The stats are astounding and basically show that a HELLLLL of a lot of substance misuse can be traced back to (often unknowingly) self medicating for neurological conditions. It’s in the book because those with ADHD don’t actually react physiologically to stimulants (they don’t make us high, they make us ‘normal’ lol) and so many end up self medicating with it without realising. The woman who wrote the book said she used to use coke a lot, and since being diagnosed found that the medication delivered the same result but better - goes direct to where u need it, no nasal damage and less expense.

Just interesting to read as she says she herself has since changed the way she views drug addiction and addicts themselves ans believes we need to do this more on society (which I believe too). I’ll try and take a pic of the page to upload

It was only ever something I briefly dabbled with in the late 90s, usually at after parties when I was already wasted. Several friends of mine then moved down to London after uni and got really into it, especially those in banking and finance. Most of them eventually moved on, had families etc and stopped but a few years back I went out with an old friend who was home visiting and I was pretty shocked that at nearly 40 years old she spent most of the evening trying to score (I didn't realise at first what was going on) and eventually abandoned me in the pub to go and chase down a dealer. I'd assumed we'd all grown out of that. Needless to say, I've never bothered meeting up with her again and she doesn't seem to have many friends these days.
Horrible drug, it has much more glamorous connotations than the likes of smack so people like to think they're not like 'normal junkies'.
I'd assumed we'd all grown out of that.
She actually talks about this specifically and how many people who “don’t seem to grow out of it” the way others do may find they are in fact suffering with undiagnosed neurological condition and are self medicating without realising it!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I’m currently reading a book on late-diagnosis ADHD (cos well that’s me!) and there is a FANTASTIC section on self medication and drug taking in general. The stats are astounding and basically show that a HELLLLL of a lot of substance misuse can be traced back to (often unknowingly) self medicating for neurological conditions. It’s in the book because those with ADHD don’t actually react physiologically to stimulants (they don’t make us high, they make us ‘normal’ lol) and so many end up self medicating with it without realising. The woman who wrote the book said she used to use coke a lot, and since being diagnosed found that the medication delivered the same result but better - goes direct to where u need it, no nasal damage and less expense.

Just interesting to read as she says she herself has since changed the way she views drug addiction and addicts themselves ans believes we need to do this more on society (which I believe too). I’ll try and take a pic of the page to upload

She actually talks about this specifically and how many people who “don’t seem to grow out of it” the way others do may find they are in fact suffering with undiagnosed neurological condition and are self medicating without realising it!
Completely agree. Not to mention as soon as a drug is legal everyone view on addiction is very different.

That is very interesting and not something I'd considered before. I often wonder about the crowd I partied with in the 90s and what a random lottery it seemed that some of us were fine and others ended up so badly affected or whose lives were even ended by drugs and booze issues. This adds another dimension.
ETA: can you tell me what book it is? I work with kids with ASN and it sounds fascinating.

Reactions: 10
I've been watching Simom on Buzzcocks on YouTube / Daily Motion this week. I forgot how funny he was. Sooooo acerbic and quick-witted.

He had that melt Donny Tourette on one show, who was trying to be "oh so rock and and roll", sooo edgy. He kept trying to rip the piss out of Bill Bailey and Simon, but they were way too quick for him.

At one point, doing the intros round, Donny stands there and goes to Simon, "I think you're one of these!", grabs his flat crotch, thrusts and gurns.

Simon, dead pan, in a cut glass posh voice replies, "You think me.... a small penis?" I howled. 😭😅

Then the show with Amy Winehouse, she and he were bouncing off each other, it was just brilliant. Miss Amy, bless her.

Then finally, this 11 seconds of pure, "Oh no, he DIDN'T!"😲😂
The Preston one was great too!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Completely agree. Not to mention as soon as a drug is legal everyone view on addiction is very different.
I work in substance misuse (along with other issues) and can say I have seen more lives negatively affected by drugs and alcohol etc than I care to say. Addiction is a terrible thing and creeps up on people before they realise.

Reactions: 22
That is very interesting and not something I'd considered before. I often wonder about the crowd I partied with in the 90s and what a random lottery it seemed that some of us were fine and others ended up so badly affected or whose lives were even ended by drugs and booze issues. This adds another dimension.
Put it this way. The amount of prison inmates who are also found to have ADHD is insane. There is a clear correlation between this and what others consider to be “antisocial behaviour” but actually is due to developmental issues in the brain which makes you more prone to impulsivity amongst other things - which of course can account for drug taking/addiction/inability to stop drugs as you’re unable to control your impulses - and criminal behaviour as another result. That is NOT to be misconstrued as “people with ADHD are addicts and criminals” - it’s to show that clearly those we tend to ostracise from society and deem “bad” are actually often in need of psychiatric assessment and medication. This would likely stop a lot of inmates reoffending too.

My friend says her parents are all “weed is bad!” But then will indulge in Dam cos it’s legal 🥴
The book makes a point on that actually ans the difference in ppl reactions once you refer to drugs aa medication instead of drugs

fun fact on that someone told me something once about Superdrug being restricted in some way because of the “drug” in the name - can’t remember what it was exactly but due to the connotations.

ETA: can you tell me what book it is? I work with kids with ASN and it sounds fascinating.
I can’t seem to take the pic as on a temp phone and camera is so blurry lol

it’s newly published this year she even mentions covid in it😅
“Better late than never” by Emma Mahoney (she is British too so extra relevant info)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I've already posted my very weak Kate Moss tea on the Primrose Hill Gang thread but here goes. My friend's sister moved to London and I'd heard she in a relationship with a guy called Jamie who was in a band. Friend and I lost touch for a few years then back in 2012 I went to visit her abroad, where her sister lived too. Friend mentioned that her sister's ex was in town with his band and that his bunny boiler wife kept phoning her sister late at night and accusing her of meeting up with this Jamie guy. It was only then that she dropped the fact that his wife was Kate Moss.

Put it this way. The amount of prison inmates who are also found to have ADHD is insane. There is a clear correlation between this and what others consider to be “antisocial behaviour” but actually is due to developmental issues in the brain which makes you more prone to impulsivity amongst other things - which of course can account for drug taking/addiction/inability to stop drugs as you’re unable to control your impulses - and criminal behaviour as another result. That is NOT to be misconstrued as “people with ADHD are addicts and criminals” - it’s to show that clearly those we tend to ostracise from society and deem “bad” are actually often in need of psychiatric assessment and medication. This would likely stop a lot of inmates reoffending too.
Yes, I've heard this too. The biggest barrier I have faced to getting kids properly diagnosed and supported is reluctance from the parents as they worry the child will be 'labelled'. In Scotland we still try to provide the support, regardless of diagnosis but I see so many head off to secondary and hit huge barriers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.