Secret Celeb Gossip #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would really love to see someone like George Formby, Charles Hawtrey, Benny Hill or Norman Wisdom play Bond but not as a spoof proper serious acting it would be awesome .Sorry all my suggestions are no longer with us but I unfortunately don’t know many actors these days, maybe some suggestions please.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I would really love to see someone like George Formby, Charles Hawtrey, Benny Hill or Norman Wisdom play Bond but not as a spoof proper serious acting it would be awesome .Sorry all my suggestions are no longer with us but I unfortunately don’t know many actors these days, maybe some suggestions please.
that's Johnny English isn't it? without the 'funnies'

Reactions: 7
I’m coming on here as a massive Girls Aloud fan. They shaped my childhood and spent my teenage years “fangirling” and going to all their concerts. I’m absolutely heartbroken to hear about Sarah’s cancer. She has always been the most fiery in the group and I love her for that. She’s great to watch. She hasn’t had the most easy time in life but I’m hoping and praying that she pulls through. Sending Sarah lots of love and strength.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Just got back from a GP appointment and I found out I have pleurisy, and that he thinks I had Covid-19 that was mistaken as a chest infection back in February. So please some gossip to cheer me up.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Hahaha someone asked me about a fax machine yesterday, I nearly embarrassed myself and said that we have a printer/scanner 😂
Isn’t it true that faxes are accepted in law, but email/electronic messages are not?

Reactions: 3
I’m coming on here as a massive Girls Aloud fan. They shaped my childhood and spent my teenage years “fangirling” and going to all their concerts. I’m absolutely heartbroken to hear about Sarah’s cancer. She has always been the most fiery in the group and I love her for that. She’s great to watch. She hasn’t had the most easy time in life but I’m hoping and praying that she pulls through. Sending Sarah lots of love and strength.
Also a massive fan since day dot and I can honestly say that If anyone can fight the big c is Sarah ‘f*cking’ Harding. X

• Sad
Reactions: 9
that's Johnny English isn't it? without the 'funnies'
That’s what I’m on about no jokes or spoof a typical Bond film played straight with a highly inappropriate actor, sorry I have a strange sense of humour 😳

Reactions: 1
That’s what I’m on about no jokes or spoof a typical Bond film played straight with a highly inappropriate actor, sorry I have a strange sense of humour 😳
Itll be like Frank Spencer being the Phantom of the Opera all over again 😁

My favourite modern gormless actor at the moment is Hugh Skinner. He was Will in W1a and Prince William in The Windsors. I find him hilarious!

Bond is so boringly predictable and reductive that it will be yet another dull pretty boy with no gay rumours swirling around.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
T
I assumed Clooney.
Thank God for that I love Forge Mooney!

Itll be like Frank Spencer being the Phantom of the Opera all over again 😁

My favourite modern gormless actor at the moment is Hugh Skinner. He was Will in W1a and Prince William in The Windsors. I find him hilarious!

Bond is so boringly predictable and reductive that it will be yet another dull pretty boy with no gay rumours swirling around.
[/QUOTE
YesI can’t bear them, even the amazing stunts leave me cold.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Charles Hawtrey was quite the character from bits and pieces I've read over the years...

Wishi
Just got back from a GP appointment and I found out I have pleurisy, and that he thinks I had Covid-19 that was mistaken as a chest infection back in February. So please some gossip to cheer me up.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Take it easy
I’ve had both of those, and I’m still here.

AlanBanan
Running low on gossip.
Have to have memory jogged.
One thing that Shirley Bassey and talk of dull pretty boys reminded me of.
My uncle swears blind SB used to send a Rolls to collect his mate so they could “go out” HOwever, it seems clear from the context it was a 1960s version of a booty-call, but my uncle pretended to believe they were courting, as he wouldn’t talk to me about that!
Apparently the passenger was a very good looking bloke, although dull as my mum went out with him to the pictures once and was underwhelmed.
Never repeated the date.
So S B “went out” with my mums reject!
My aunt also verified the story.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I’d rather die than have that pale cold sweaty fleshy mitt save me from any situation.
Mind you as a Bond villain he’d be good, if love to see him disposed of in a way which was uncomfortable for him to film

Was he the one who picked up men in public toilets or was that Wilfred Bramble or both 🤷‍♀️
Hawtry was the one who had to be rescued from a house fire when he was quite old and a couple of young blokes were also rescued from the bedroom( from the fire) he wasn’t doing a Boy George

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Absolutely gutted to hear the news about Sarah Harding today. I grew up as an ‘Alouder’ and was at most of their tours, she always stood out as she just loves the tour life and the audience always gave her so much energy, she thrives from a great crowd! Only 38 as well, I pray she makes a full recovery x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Mind you as a Bond villain he’d be good, if love to see him disposed of in a way which was uncomfortable for him to film

Hawtry was the one who had to be rescued from a house fire when he was quite old and a couple of young blokes were also rescued from the bedroom( from the fire) he wasn’t doing a Boy George
He was an irascible old soak and quite well known for making a nuisance of himself in the local boozers.

Kenneth William's story is equally fascinating. His diaries are well worth a read. More than a touch of the harry Corbett (I.e deeply resented the thing that made them famous) both wanted to be 'serious' actors, etc

Reactions: 8
No, I think you’re right they do look similar - maybe that explains it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Hes been married a long time hasn’t he? Not that that means anything of course! #schofield
No never married but had a long term relationship with Karen from bananarama.

Reactions: 2
He was an irascible old soak and quite well known for making a nuisance of himself in the local boozers.

Kenneth William's story is equally fascinating. His diaries are well worth a read. More than a touch of the harry Corbett (I.e deeply resented the thing that made them famous) both wanted to be 'serious' actors, etc
I think you mean Harry H Corbett, rather than the Sooty and Sweep man Harry Corbett.
No never married but had a long term relationship with Karen from bananarama.
Didn’t they only split up a couple of years ago?

Finished the Steve coogan biography today. Really into biographies at the moment.

Anyway, to the surprise of absolutely nobody, he comes across as a deeply unpleasant and bitter man. Even when he talks about how he was doing well professionally and making millions, utterly joyless.
I completely agree, plus he used the most monotonous voice throughout. I got my credit back from Audible.

Also a massive fan since day dot and I can honestly say that If anyone can fight the big c is Sarah ‘f*cking’ Harding. X
I wish Sarah well too x

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Oh that's horrible very painful. Please do take care.

I hope you've someone to look after you and wait on you while you convalesce.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.