Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For those suffering with PCOS (I do too) I lost 1.5 stone in the 6 months I took Saxenda and was so pleased as I really struggled losing weight. I stopped injecting as at £250 a month it was expensive (I got mine through my local survey’s pharmacy where the pharmacist checked me each month).

When I started I was 90kgs. I got down to 80.5kgs and since stopping in August I’ve maintained at 83.5kgs - so yes put some back on but no where near what I was when I started in February 2022.

I’m interested to see how much Wegovy will be from Boots as may well give that a go if the price is right.

Reactions: 5
Pcos gal here too ladies! I’ve tried everything and it’s so disheartening to lose so slowly if anything at all previously, and the constant hunger with pcos was a nightmare. So bought Saxenda from Boots 3 weeks ago, only noticeable side effects is a bit of morning nausea and dear god the constipation! I’ve resorted to Dulcolax stool softeners this week apologies if anyones eating their breakfast right now 😂 I’ve upped to 1.8mg this week, and pleased to say I’ve had a 12lbs loss so far after these three weeks. Interested to see the cost of Wegovy as a comparison when it comes out but scared if somethings working for me to switch as I finally feel like I’m getting somewhere!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@VicksterIcon @EnoughAlready wow I really want to give this a go! I’m on metformin for PCOS currently. Do you take this too? I’m not sure if it can be taken alongside. You don’t have to answer this as it’s very personal but can you have it prescribed with PCOS alone?

anyone want to take pity on me and ship some to Australia? It’s completely impossible to obtain here 😩

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I’ve been thinking of trying one of these medications but I’m concerned what happens once you reach your goal weight. Are you forever on the shots and or have any of you successfully kept it off after without the shots?

I’ve been thinking of trying one of these medications but I’m concerned what happens once you reach your goal weight. Are you forever on the shots and or have any of you successfully kept it off after without the shots?
I asked this on a previous thread because I was unsure what to do when reaching my goal weight too. The response I got was it’s recommended to take a maintenance dose of the minimum dose for a year, which sort of makes sense.

Reactions: 1
I asked this on a previous thread because I was unsure what to do when reaching my goal weight too. The response I got was it’s recommended to take a maintenance dose of the minimum dose for a year, which sort of makes sense.
Ah thanks for the info. I hope it’s going well for you! definitely something I’ll consider soon. I’m about to start my adhd meds after a long absence soon so I might wait and see what my doctor says. I’m not sure about combining both as adhd meds can affect appetite too

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Good luck 😊 if you decide to join us please ask if you need any advice or support. There’s usually one us who’ll know the answer or have some tips 😁

@VicksterIcon @EnoughAlready wow I really want to give this a go! I’m on metformin for PCOS currently. Do you take this too? I’m not sure if it can be taken alongside. You don’t have to answer this as it’s very personal but can you have it prescribed with PCOS alone?
I was on Metformin many many years ago but it did nothing for me so I stopped taking it. You should be able to ask that question from whoever is supplying you with the Saxanda. Good luck!
---
I was on the "Saxenda" for 6 months and only stopped as it was costing me £250 a month! But I was getting it through my surgery's pharmacy so no discount offered. When I started I was 90kgs and I lost 10kgs. Since stopping I've put back on 3.5kgs and I am consciously maintaining that. I'm still getting into my size 14 jeans for work (was previously a size 16) so as long as I can wear those I'm happy. Yes, I could loose more but I know I can only do that using Saxenda - although I'm keen to find out more about Wegovy and the price.

Anyone had to switch from Ozempic (semaglutide) to Viktoza (liraglutide) due to unavailability of Ozempic locally. I’ve had ti switch to viktoza and I don’t find it is anywhere near as effective at controlling my appetite and digestive system. I found Ozempic brilliant for making me feel fuller for longer, indicating to my brain to stop eating when I’m full and slowing down my digestion so I don’t feel famished all the time. The vitoza just doesn’t do the same for me. Anyone else any experience. I’m only on the vitoza for 2 weeks so far but this is just my experience. No side effects either and I’m up to 1.8mg now.
I'm much the same. It's more effective once you get to 3mg but still not as good as ozempic. I am still losing weight slowly but definitely needing more food.

Mine’s arrived! I think I’m going to have pancakes this evening, and do my first jab before bed. Hopefully I won’t vomit .

I also bought a needle clipper from Amazon, so shouldn‘t have to think about sharps disposal until 1000 needles‘ time!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I couldn’t take the side effects of Metformin Twinkle so I stopped after a few months of taking it, I take inositol sachets instead now and the Boots doctor said that’s fine to take alongside the Saxenda, but I would ask whoever prescribes it can it be took with Metformin as I’m not sure!x

I’m going to be taking a break from the injections for awhile - my mood has tanked and I’m throwing up a lot and I just feel so miserable. I still have 4 1/2 pens left which obviously is a lot of money so that’s why I’m hesitant to stop completely.

• Heart
Did you not get needles with your injections?

I’m going to be taking a break from the injections for awhile - my mood has tanked and I’m throwing up a lot and I just feel so miserable. I still have 4 1/2 pens left which obviously is a lot of money so that’s why I’m hesitant to stop completely.
Just keep in mind that a lot of people find when they stop for a break it doesn’t work for them when the restart. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

I tried Saxenda for about 3 months. The weight loss was negligible. I lost about 8lbs in the first two weeks then plateaued despite barely being able to eat anything. I had a headache for a day every time I went up a dose which I could have handled but my mood took a considerable dive. I didn’t feel suicidal but I lost all motivation to do anything at all and my overall feeling about anything and everything was ‘meh!’ and I had whole body fatigue. Definitely wasn’t worth it for me and I didn’t finish the last pen. I’m thinking about trying ozempic but no weight loss is worth feeling like I did on saxenda, especially when I barely even lost any weight although I do wonder if I’ve fucked up my metabolism. I lost about five stone before lockdown by diet alone but I only ate one meal a day. I put about a stone back on during covid and can’t seem to shift it, no matter what I do (although I’m also nearing 50 so I don’t think that helps).

• Heart
I hope your mental health is doing better now @FrannyGallops. No weight loss is worth your mental health being so badly affected. Sounds like the right decision for you to stop the injections 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’d love to know if anyone is in the same boat .. I started Ozempic in November and in the first 4 weeks at 0.25 lost a stone, DELIGHTED with life and moved onto the 0.5 pen .. it was horrific with headaches and egg burps 🤮 it was so bad I skipped a week here and there and over 6/7 weeks on that dose only lost 2lbs .. doctor gave me prescription to go back down to 0.25 and it took me 2 weeks to source a pen ! But I’m 4 weeks in now and I might as well be injecting water 🤷🏼‍♀️ absolutely zero effect on me this time, I’m devastated to be honest .. wondering why and if it will kick in at some stage ? It’s a huge amount of money to waste if it’s not working

Sorry to the people who are struggling 💕 It does seem to be really hit and miss for people. I have had to reduce my dose to 1.6 Saxanda as I felt sick most of the day and very tired probably because I am running on empty. Back on 1.2 and feel much better, going to see how it goes. I do worry if I did decide to switch to Ozempic, that I would not have as much control if I did feel rough on it, how long would it last?

Sorry to the people who are struggling 💕 It does seem to be really hit and miss for people. I have had to reduce my dose to 1.6 Saxanda as I felt sick most of the day and very tired probably because I am running on empty. Back on 1.2 and feel much better, going to see how it goes. I do worry if I did decide to switch to Ozempic, that I would not have as much control if I did feel rough on it, how long would it last?
I might try lowering my dose then as I’m struggling on 1.8mg.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.