Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I posted this on the other thread but it was right at the end before it was closed and this one opened. I would love peoples opinions, but stuck on what to do.
‘Advice please needed - for the past 5 years I’ve been weighing myself on those old fashioned doctors scales. My weight is high so it spins around past the top number and then I have to add on the extra weight myself. I use stone and pounds and the highest number ends and then 8lbs later the 0 starts so it’s been a bit complicated adding the extra weight up. It also has kg and someone suggested I try and use that as well. It’s worked for me so far but today I was weighed at a hospital using an electronic scale and I’m actually 11lbs lighter than what I’ve been reading myself as. I should say now that I’m terrible and really unconfident when it comes to maths.
I’m thinking that I should buy myself a proper electronic scale but that would mean my previous measurements will be off and then I’ve lost 5 years of weighing myself (I like the little progress graph on MyFitnessPal). Should I carry as I’m hoping I’ll get down to the highest number on my dr’s scale or buy a new one and then go through MyFitnessPal and rework out what I had previously calculated (I take photos of the scales) and change them accordingly?’
So I bought some new scales and it was such a great idea - thank you for everyone who encouraged me! It comes with an app which automatically saves your weight and BMI and tracks it for you which is so handy! Plus, no mental gymnastics trying to work out the exact weight like with my previous ones. I weighed myself on the old scales after weighing myself on the new ones and I can’t work out for the life of me how the old ones get that measurement - maybe it’s because it can’t properly calculate my weight as it goes pass the highest number? Either way, the new scales have encouraged me so much already. I’ve also lost 3 lbs since my weigh in on Wednesday which is good :) so around half a stone in 2 weeks (can’t be exact with the old scales so I’m making an educated guess).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hi! People on ozempic could you tell me your success stories? Especially if you started the same as me (I’m about 5ft 3 and 11 st 7) I’ve put on three atom since having my kids 😩 I started last week- no side effects so far!

Reactions: 1
So I started Ozempic on the 26th of Jan- lost 5lb, but my heart rate has gone from 54bmp to 64! Anyone else had this?

Anyone had to switch from Ozempic (semaglutide) to Viktoza (liraglutide) due to unavailability of Ozempic locally. I’ve had ti switch to viktoza and I don’t find it is anywhere near as effective at controlling my appetite and digestive system. I found Ozempic brilliant for making me feel fuller for longer, indicating to my brain to stop eating when I’m full and slowing down my digestion so I don’t feel famished all the time. The vitoza just doesn’t do the same for me. Anyone else any experience. I’m only on the vitoza for 2 weeks so far but this is just my experience. No side effects either and I’m up to 1.8mg now.

Anyone any advise , I’m considering giving ozempic a go but in tablet form ? I can get 30 tablets taken every other day for £230. Is it worth it ? I weigh 13.2 stone and I just can’t seem to shift it. Did Sw 2019 and got down to 11 stone 12 so I just have a little over a stone to loose but it’s so hard !!

Today is the start of my 3rd week on saxenda. I have had no side effects so far except for last night when I ate too much and threw up. So far I have lost 7.5lb. I returned to work at the weekend having been off 2 weeks and my work colleagues couldn't believe the weight I had lost. Maybe I'm losing more inches than lbs. I am taking it slow and currently on 0.6 +4 clicks. x

Reactions: 3
I'm due to give up with Saxenda. Been on it since 10th Jan and haven't lost a single lb. Had terrible diarrhea with it and despite drinking loads of water and eating well, no change so don't think it's worth continuing with the side effects for no benefit 😔

I’ve been on ozempic for nearly a week and I have the worst diorreah! Does this go away? 😩

I've just submitted an order to london slimming clinic for Ozempic after taking Saxenda for a while. I just keep forgetting to take my injection 😭 Anyone got any words of warning when switching over?

Reactions: 2
I've just submitted an order to london slimming clinic for Ozempic after taking Saxenda for a while. I just keep forgetting to take my injection 😭 Anyone got any words of warning when switching over?
Curious too. Do you have to wean off Saxenda or can you switch straight away? What does do you go on when switching? I’ve got 10 x Saxenda pens left. I’m looking to switch after…maybe 😅

I really want to start this journey but am torn about which one to try. I don’t want to wait for Wegovy so please can you let me know which one you’d go with? I don’t mind injecting every day so that isn’t a factor, I just want the best results.
---
What made you switch if you don’t mind me asking?

Hi all, I’m new to these threads. I learned about Wegovy through a recent BBC article and cannot wait for this to come on the market. Thought I’d look it up on here and found this thread.
would someone be able to give me a rundown on the Saxenda and Ozempic, please? I haven’t heard of both - are they available in the UK, and through GP or privately?

about me: I’m 14st 12lbs. Was around 16st 7lbs at the start of lockdown 1, went on SW and got it down to high 13’s but found SW quite triggering and when I came off it the weight slowly crept back on. I’m feeling really down about my weight atm but have a real mental block when I try to diet. This has been the case for at least the past year. I had thought about going to my doctor, but really wasn’t sure how to address the issue or what to ask for, hence the excitement at Wegovy coming on the market. So to hear there are other alternatives is encouraging.
Support and advice would be most welcome. Thanks.

• Heart
Curious too. Do you have to wean off Saxenda or can you switch straight away? What does do you go on when switching? I’ve got 10 x Saxenda pens left. I’m looking to switch after…maybe 😅
The doctor told me to wait two days after stopping with Saxenda to start with Ozempic, so I'll let you knoiw how that goes!

I really want to start this journey but am torn about which one to try. I don’t want to wait for Wegovy so please can you let me know which one you’d go with? I don’t mind injecting every day so that isn’t a factor, I just want the best results.
---

What made you switch if you don’t mind me asking?
I'm literally only switching because I keep not giving myself the injections. I'm really not a fan of needles so once a week is way better for me!
Saxenda has worked really well for me - but because it's a daily injection I keep taking 'breaks' and derailing my weight loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've been on saxenda for 5 weeks now lost 16lb so far I've got one pen left then I'm going to change to omzempic. Can't decide if I should wait for wegovy. I'm only switching out of curiosity saxenda has been fine for me with little bad side effects. Do we have any clues on how much wegovy will cost?

• Heart
The doctor told me to wait two days after stopping with Saxenda to start with Ozempic, so I'll let you knoiw how that goes!

I'm literally only switching because I keep not giving myself the injections. I'm really not a fan of needles so once a week is way better for me!
Saxenda has worked really well for me - but because it's a daily injection I keep taking 'breaks' and derailing my weight loss.
I find once a week much better.

Has anyone taken orlistat and any tips tricks and wisdom? It’s says it’s to be taken with fatty meals ? I don’t eat breakfast bar coffee with skimmed milk lunch normally is a mug shot or soup and for example dinner tonigjt stir fry ?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.