Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Too early for me to tell with my mood, I think, but I’ve seen people say it’s increased their anxiety and they’ve had to stop. I reckon you should speak to your GP - maybe one of the other ones will work better. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi all; I’m new on this thread; I didn’t know it was here. I’m on ozempic and have done the 0.25/0.5/1mg transition. I’m on my second week of 1mg and have only Lost three pounds in 10 weeks. I’m eating way less and have been since the first week I took it, I’m full a lot earlier, not snacking and no longer having evening wine. I literally have 4 stones to lose approx and it just won’t go. I tried this as I’ve tried everything else and I’m so bleeping sad it’s not working. And desperate.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Hi all, I took the plunge and ordered via Asda. Been on saxenda for 2 days now and lost 4lbs!

Hey everyone, I’m a long time lurker on Tattle but never commented on anything before… just enjoy reading people having the same opinion as me on a lot of stuff! but I would really appreciate some advice/experience.
I’ve been using Saxenda for 6 weeks now, and it’s definitely helped with managing my appetite. I haven’t really had too many bad side effects, a bit of nausea when I go up a dose, but not bad enough to consider stopping it.
However my mental health has taken a huge dip. I have BPD so I don’t know if this is just “me”, but in the back on my mind I feel like this has happened since starting Saxenda.
I was going to try and ride it out but I ended up in A&E last night and I don’t know what to do.
Has anyone else felt any influence on their mental health whilst using Saxenda?
I said a couple of pages back, but it definitely did for me. It got worse when I went up to about 1.8 ish. I ended up throwing my last pen away and I’m back to my old self and feeling better every day I’m off it. If you look it up online, there are a few sites warning about it, and I think it does mention it in the instructions but apparently it’s not listed as a ‘common’ side effect yet. It’s a shame as it did curb my appetite and stop me thinking about food all the time, even though I didn’t really lose much weight on it but it wasn’t worth it for me.

• Heart
Thank you ❤
Okay so I think I’m going to have to seriously think about stopping it… I will talk to my GP though. I was enjoying having the appetite of a “normal” person though!
Sorry you are feeling like this, have a word with your GP and see what they come back with, they will give you the best advice. If they don't know you are on Saxenda they should not judge you, I am sure they are seeing lots of people who are taking it and not getting it through them, they should be glad people are trying to help themselves get in better health. No weight loss method is worth feeling like that though so I don't blame you thinking about stopping it. For what it's worth I have tried various diets, and for me personally it is the not eating enough and the running on empty that really screw's me up mentally, maybe you are not eating enough, sorry if that sounds daft but I know it can really effect my moods when I am really restricting my calories, take care and I hope you sort it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi all; I’m new on this thread; I didn’t know it was here. I’m on ozempic and have done the 0.25/0.5/1mg transition. I’m on my second week of 1mg and have only Lost three pounds in 10 weeks. I’m eating way less and have been since the first week I took it, I’m full a lot earlier, not snacking and no longer having evening wine. I literally have 4 stones to lose approx and it just won’t go. I tried this as I’ve tried everything else and I’m so bleeping sad it’s not working. And desperate.
Persevere 😊 if you’re experiencing the other benefits then the weight loss will come. How are your clothes feeling? Sometimes people lose inches rather than lbs. I haven’t lost a lb for a few weeks but my clothes are still getting looser. If it’s working for you in other ways then it’s worth sticking at it 😊

I didn’t lose anything first 3 months of Ozempic but next 3 months lost 18 lbs. Hang on in there, it will happen.

Reactions: 3
I picked up a pen this weekend. Had it pre ordered but pharmacist came out to kind of quiz me. Asked was availability a problem. (I had stocked up over christmas to make sure it didnt and dropped back just to make sure I didn't gain). Even with longer duration between jabs and lower doeses I have still lost 7lbs since Christmas. I got a 1 ml pen so I think she was concerned that I'd go on it after been off it for a while and make myself sick. She was kind of amazed to hear about clicking to reduce doses. Warned about using fresh needles, assured her I have spares. But the thing that kind of gave me a kick was she said you don't look like you need weight loss drugs. I replied you should have seen me 12 months ago. So she asked how much I had lost and worked it out that I've lost nearly 25% of my body weight. She seemed impressed and I directed her to Dr Michael Crotty for more information. Do stick at the process for anyone slow. This has been a very long term plan for me. I was stalled for the last month and this week down 2 lbs. 1 more and I'm according to bmi (I know very flawed) a healthy weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Week 1 on Ozempic after changing from Saxenda update!

I've not felt bad! Had the worst headache ever on days 1&2 but that's totally done now.

I've not thrown up which I used to do on Saxenda especially when upping the dose.

I've had quite a... dodgy stomach. But after being on Saxenda for ages I'm used to it. Currently 2 pounds down on Ozempic and 18 pounds down in total since starting Saxenda!

38 pounds left to go 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone know of any current offers or the best price for Saxenda? Been a while since I bought and didn’t have a discount code.

Or if switching to ozempic wheres the best place to buy and what dose to start? Been on 3mg Saxenda for a loooong time so don’t feel like starting at the beginning on ozempic would be the right choice. But it confuses me 😂 what is the max dose for it?

Girls, so I know I should read all pages,but honestly, I can't, quick question for anyone in Ireland,can I buy this anywhere? Can I buy from Britain or Europe? Is it only prescribed for type 2 diabetes? I don't have type 2, but quite overweight

Reactions: 1
Girls, so I know I should read all pages,but honestly, I can't, quick question for anyone in Ireland,can I buy this anywhere? Can I buy from Britain or Europe? Is it only prescribed for type 2 diabetes? I don't have type 2, but quite overweight
No ask your go or contact my best weight for an appointment. I am not diabetic and could access ozempic

Reactions: 1
Sorry you are feeling like this, have a word with your GP and see what they come back with, they will give you the best advice. If they don't know you are on Saxenda they should not judge you, I am sure they are seeing lots of people who are taking it and not getting it through them, they should be glad people are trying to help themselves get in better health. No weight loss method is worth feeling like that though so I don't blame you thinking about stopping it. For what it's worth I have tried various diets, and for me personally it is the not eating enough and the running on empty that really screw's me up mentally, maybe you are not eating enough, sorry if that sounds daft but I know it can really effect my moods when I am really restricting my calories, take care and I hope you sort it out.
No that doesn’t sound daft at all, thank you for replying!
I messaged Asda Online Doctor and they said that it is not known to affect mood so I should keep on taking it… I’m not convinced so I’m going to take everyone’s advice here and put on my big girl’s pants and speak to my GP.

Thank you everyone for being so kind here ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I messaged Asda Online Doctor and they said that it is not known to affect mood so I should keep on taking it… I’m not convinced so I’m going to take everyone’s advice here and put on my big girl’s pants and speak to my GP.

It definitely does have known side effects to impact mood. How irresponsible of Asda!

I hope speaking to your GP goes well x

Reactions: 3

Wow, that is shocking advice from Asda. Here’s all the possible side effects and suicide and depression is definitely listed.

Sorry to be a downer, but I do actually think this is important. I’m glad it’s worked for some people and I do think it will be a great tool for a lot of people going forward but I think the private providers need to be a lot more responsible about this.

I'm on to the 1.2 does now (lost 6.5lb, yay), and really surprised upping the dose didn't make me nauseous all over again. Unfortunately I'm still to lose my appetite or feel full after two bites. Dammit, I wanted a magical diet!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.