Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I took orlistat prescribed to me many years ago. Awful stuff. As well as the orange, oily poo it gave me joint pain and dandruff!!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Has anyone taken orlistat and any tips tricks and wisdom? It’s says it’s to be taken with fatty meals ? I don’t eat breakfast bar coffee with skimmed milk lunch normally is a mug shot or soup and for example dinner tonigjt stir fry ?
I'm pretty sure you're meant to avoid fatty foods! As it binds to the fat and you get the awful oily poo!

I was on it for a month was fine until I had lamb for dinner and nearly pooed myself in the restaurant!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Has anyone taken orlistat and any tips tricks and wisdom? It’s says it’s to be taken with fatty meals ? I don’t eat breakfast bar coffee with skimmed milk lunch normally is a mug shot or soup and for example dinner tonigjt stir fry ?
Stick to as low fat a diet as you can otherwise you will quickly be passing wind that looks like the layer of oil on top of a takeaway Indian curry.
I was on them years ago with some success but that is because I was cautious of eating anything with more than 4% fat.
I forgot one day and had a very rare (almost never before or since) caramel latte and yeah, I had orange oil running down my leg.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Hi all, I’m new to these threads. I learned about Wegovy through a recent BBC article and cannot wait for this to come on the market. Thought I’d look it up on here and found this thread.
would someone be able to give me a rundown on the Saxenda and Ozempic, please? I haven’t heard of both - are they available in the UK, and through GP or privately?

about me: I’m 14st 12lbs. Was around 16st 7lbs at the start of lockdown 1, went on SW and got it down to high 13’s but found SW quite triggering and when I came off it the weight slowly crept back on. I’m feeling really down about my weight atm but have a real mental block when I try to diet. This has been the case for at least the past year. I had thought about going to my doctor, but really wasn’t sure how to address the issue or what to ask for, hence the excitement at Wegovy coming on the market. So to hear there are other alternatives is encouraging.
Support and advice would be most welcome. Thanks.
Hello Lazarus 🥰 I have been reading these threads and have found them very informative. Took the plunge and ordered Saxanda daily jab (had been told there was a national shortage of Ozempic not sure if that is still the case) from London Slimming Clinic they arrived promptly and would recommend, paid about 206 for four pens plus postage but you get 50 needles with that too, you do have to sign for parcel. So can be a bit of a pain if you work full time. Started on the 29 Jan found it straight forward with the injection (watch the YouTube video on how to do it). My appetite has definitely decreased, just not interested in food, I was hooked on sweets and chocolate and craved them first thing in the morning especially. That feeling has gone. I have lost 3lb which is not great but it's worth mentioning I have been on a diet for last 2 years and lost about 3 stone, so think it would have been more if just started dietin, it's not going to be fast and I'm happy with that. I have had a low level of nausea at times just took some Rennie and it soon goes, I'm a bugger for not drinking so have to force myself. One thing, on the first weekend of taking Saxenda I was out with my twin sister for a girls day out with food and booze, our eating habits and weight are very similar and the difference in the amount of food and drink she put away, compared to me was an eye opener, not that I was judging 🤣 but it really brought it home to me how much you aren't really arsed about food, I did enjoy myself, but just didn't go mad, as I deffo would have done if not been on it. I think I might try and transfer over to Ozempic as it's cheaper so will look into it when ordering more pens. Ps my sister is now taking it 🤣🤣🤣 now duck off

Sorry in joke from Jack Monroe thread 😉

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi all. I started my Ozempic journey yesterday. Not sure if I feel any effects or it’s all in my head. I did have Saxenda previously but couldn’t maintain due to the cost. I’m hoping Ozempic is as effective. Would love to know how your first few days are. So far no nausea or headache. I am full of cold though, so maybe that’s overriding any side effects xx

Has anyone seen this video on TikTok from The News Movement? They’ve said the draft guidelines outline Wegovy to be £70 a month😱 I seriously hope and wishhh… but surely not?!?

DA9EC246-D0B1-46DB-8ACC-5F4476DBF70B.png

Reactions: 1
Apparently so… “According to Nice guidelines, the list price of semaglutide 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg and 1.0 mg is £73.25 a pack of four pre-filled pens, excluding VAT, although the list price for 1.7 mg and 2.4 mg pens – doses reached in Wegovy’s weigh-lose schedule – has not been released.”
Article from The Guardian a couple days ago about Wegovy - https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2023/feb/13/weight-loss-jabs-to-be-sold-via-high-street-chemists

But is that just if it’s supplied via the NHS? Private prescriptions will surely be priced at the will of the clinic/online doctor?

Reactions: 4
Hopefully as more of these type of drugs become available it will bring the price down. It is a dear do when you are on the full dose. I am on 1.8 Saxenda and am going to see if I can stay on that dose for longer to try and keep the price down. I must admit I am feeling quite nauseous at the moment does this wear off? Hope so, not interested in food so that is why it works 😂

Reactions: 2
You’re not meant to eat fatty foods with Orlistat because you will tit your pants. Oh god, the side effects are horrendous. At one stage my arse was leaking!
---
Re: Wegovy etc, in England to get it on the NHS you need to have a high BMI (not sure the number) AND have a potential medical condition, mainly being pre diabetic.

Back to Saxenda, woke up with lower back pain - can’t work out if it’s because I sat awkwardly yesterday or is a side effect

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Question…

Considering Wegovy is just Ozempic rebranded and actually the exact same drug available at a higher dose, could those already on the maximum dose of Ozempic not technically continue to increase to the Wegovy maximum dose of 2.4 safely, by just taking 2.4mg worth of Ozempic? In theory?

Obviously won’t matter once Wegovy is available but I’m just curious, been thinking it for a while so wondered if anyone knew the answer😂

Today I will finish my first pen and I have to say I’m disappointed with the results. I’ve been on 1.8 mg for 3 days now for reference. I had read lots of stories of people losing a stone or more and I feel like potentially* losing only 6lbs is nothing because I am so large. It’s not made a difference physically or mentally. The side effects I’ve got are feeling sick and constipation but I don’t feel overly full. At night I am still starving and it keeps me up. I feel like such a failure and that I’m never going to lose weight and live a healthy life. I find exercising difficult due to having a chronic illness so weight loss is very much focused on diet for me. Just feel rotten.

(*I say potentially because I had a non electronic scale which wasn’t measuring my weight accurately)

• Heart
duck me lads I took two TWO tablets after I posted on Wednesday I haven’t taken anymore as I haven’t really got the right food in etc I tit oil today 🤣

• Haha
Today I will finish my first pen and I have to say I’m disappointed with the results. I’ve been on 1.8 mg for 3 days now for reference. I had read lots of stories of people losing a stone or more and I feel like potentially* losing only 6lbs is nothing because I am so large. It’s not made a difference physically or mentally. The side effects I’ve got are feeling sick and constipation but I don’t feel overly full. At night I am still starving and it keeps me up. I feel like such a failure and that I’m never going to lose weight and live a healthy life. I find exercising difficult due to having a chronic illness so weight loss is very much focused on diet for me. Just feel rotten.

(*I say potentially because I had a non electronic scale which wasn’t measuring my weight accurately)
Sorry you are not feeling great on it I also feel a bit sick at times. 6lbs is good don't be too hard on yourself you are not a failure at least you are trying to do something. I know it can be disappointing but give it a bit longer I was talking to a nurse about it and she said the first month you don't feel that different and the weight loss is not that noticible but the second month it really kicks in, I am only early stages myself so cannot say for sure but I am hoping that is the case. I think if it hasn't worked after a couple of months then it is just not for you and to stop taking as it does not work for everyone.

• Heart
Sorry you are not feeling great on it I also feel a bit sick at times. 6lbs is good don't be too hard on yourself you are not a failure at least you are trying to do something. I know it can be disappointing but give it a bit longer I was talking to a nurse about it and she said the first month you don't feel that different and the weight loss is not that noticible but the second month it really kicks in, I am only early stages myself so cannot say for sure but I am hoping that is the case. I think if it hasn't worked after a couple of months then it is just not for you and to stop taking as it does not work for everyone.
Thank you for your kind reply. I’ve just been feeling really crap these past few days.

• Heart
Just took my first dose of Ozempic! Hopefully the once - weekly injections will keep my on the right track!!! I have six and a half months to fit into my wedding dress 😬

• Heart
I started Ozempic on Thurs after doing Sax for a while. I was a bit nervous about jumping straight in at 1mg but it’s been fine. I have definitely been less hungry, just need to break the habit of eating between meals/large meals as I’m still eating a bit too much

• Heart
Day 1 here 👌 do, how long does it take to kick in please? I'm scared as Saxender made me feel 🐶

I’ve changed over to ozempic this week after a break from saxenda - I haven’t noticed any effect the first week on .25mg - is that likely to be because my body is already used to saxenda (which was working) do you think? Has anyone else notice this?
Also my ozempic pen says it is 1.5g - but should be 4 doses of .25 - will there just be some left over at the end of my first month?

thanks in advance for any help x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.