Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where are people ordering ozempic? It doesn’t seem to be as easily available as Saxenda
I got it from Health Express first but then it went out of stock so I got it at Mayfair weight loss clinic. Think it’s pricier there from memory but they were the only place I could find it.

Health express emailed to say they had Ozempic again but it’s not showing on their main page, only seems to work when I go to ‘reorder’ so don’t know if maybe they’re restricting stock to returning customers

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you 😊 I’ve got a few weeks of Saxenda left but then probably going to switch. I’m worried about forgetting to inject weekly though

Today I will finish my first pen and I have to say I’m disappointed with the results. I’ve been on 1.8 mg for 3 days now for reference. I had read lots of stories of people losing a stone or more and I feel like potentially* losing only 6lbs is nothing because I am so large. It’s not made a difference physically or mentally. The side effects I’ve got are feeling sick and constipation but I don’t feel overly full. At night I am still starving and it keeps me up. I feel like such a failure and that I’m never going to lose weight and live a healthy life. I find exercising difficult due to having a chronic illness so weight loss is very much focused on diet for me. Just feel rotten.

(*I say potentially because I had a non electronic scale which wasn’t measuring my weight accurately)
You’re not a failure, you’re doing your best ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you 😊 I’ve got a few weeks of Saxenda left but then probably going to switch. I’m worried about forgetting to inject weekly though
Sure there is something similar on Android but you could set an alarm for say 6pm and label it ‘Injection’ and set it to be repeated every Friday for example.

Reactions: 4
Where are people ordering ozempic? It doesn’t seem to be as easily available as Saxenda
I’ve just ordered from myBMI and got a discount so first pen is £130. Discount code is Starter35
---
I am so excited to start! Feel like I need fancy scales now that link to an app or something but sure my bog standard ones will do me fine

• Heart
Week two of ozempic for me and not a single side effect or feeling or loss, was previously on sax and lost 3 stone any ideas if its normal

Week two of ozempic for me and not a single side effect or feeling or loss, was previously on sax and lost 3 stone any ideas if its normal
Same for me - following wondering if anyone else experienced the same x

Reactions: 2
When I switched from Saxenda to Ozempic I didn’t lose anything for 3 months. In the next 3 months I lost 18 lbs.

Reactions: 5
Went up a dose on Sax today, after having no side effects i’ve spent today being sick, unable to keep water down and a banging headache. The thought of injecting again and feeling this ill is making me want to cry!

• Sad
Went up a dose on Sax today, after having no side effects i’ve spent today being sick, unable to keep water down and a banging headache. The thought of injecting again and feeling this ill is making me want to cry!
Obviously everyone is different but my sickness only ever lasted the first day if it happened. I remember going up to 3 and being so ill and it being like 2am and I was still so rough thinking how can I inject again in 3/4 hours but by the time I woke up again I felt fine.

Not saying this will be the same for you but I’d definitely say sickness is always quite short lived. You get used to the doses quickly

Does anyone get bruises from injection sites?
Yes not every time but now and again, weird as do it the same way and roughly same spot but alternate sides, also sometimes it hurts a bit and other times cannot feel it at all, always do mine in my tummy I feel like it would hurt more in my thigh but not tried it 🙂

Yeah I get bruises. Sometimes big ones, usually just small ones, sometimes nothing. Sometimes it hurts/stings as I’m injecting, 90% of the time I feel nothing. I inject the same way every day.

Start of week 4 and I am 10lb down. I am so happy. Family has even noticed Ive lost weight. I am currently on 0.6 +8 clicks. I am doing it very slow to try not have side effects and to make my pens last longer but I am going to need more needles. Side effects have been the bare minimum, constipation and being sick if I ate too much. Hope everyone is doing well xx

Right, I’ve ordered Saxenda from Asda - sent them a copy of my passport, feet on scale, embarrassing PJ clad full length body pic, and am now anticipating just handing over my life savings. I’ve bought bathroom scales with an app that tells me my body age is 80 👵 I have lots to lose, and am hoping for a good start before a holiday over Easter.
Should be delivered tomorrow, and I’m deliberating whether to start straight away or next Monday. Maybe Wednesday (so I can have a last pancake day. Sob)

• Heart
Start of week 4 and I am 10lb down. I am so happy. Family has even noticed Ive lost weight. I am currently on 0.6 +8 clicks. I am doing it very slow to try not have side effects and to make my pens last longer but I am going to need more needles. Side effects have been the bare minimum, constipation and being sick if I ate too much. Hope everyone is doing well xx
That’s incredible! Well done!
So jealous! I’ve hardly lost anything.

Right, I’ve ordered Saxenda from Asda - sent them a copy of my passport, feet on scale, embarrassing PJ clad full length body pic, and am now anticipating just handing over my life savings. I’ve bought bathroom scales with an app that tells me my body age is 80 👵 I have lots to lose, and am hoping for a good start before a holiday over Easter.
Should be delivered tomorrow, and I’m deliberating whether to start straight away or next Monday. Maybe Wednesday (so I can have a last pancake day. Sob)
How much was Saxenda from Asda?

I am loving this thread. I’ve got PCOS and finding it incredibly hard to shift the weight so have been reading with interest.

How much was Saxenda from Asda?
I think it came to £53 (one pen) with a sharps bin and postage, and some kind of 10% discount code. Seems roughly standard I think? I’ve got PCOS as well - I’m so excited at the thought of this actually working!

I have no idea what to do with the sharps though! Seems like I can only get a sharps collection if my doctors verify it to the council. What does everyone do?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.