Sarah's Day #57 Baby's health scare gives me grey hair, Lord please "here" my performative prayer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m also curious to know about this. I’ve gone back through so many SD posts and I saw so many old skool marketing/branding patterns, but I just don’t know how it overly works these days. How much would her management and communications team have a say in what happens too?

Also, I mentioned in the last thread that I swear MKT’s name is marketing/branding, but I was so rattled from listening to their podcast on managing conflict podcast episode that I spiralled a little and struggled to explain my perspective. So going back through her posts I have seen that Malakai has been mentioned before. (My apologies if this has already been discussed).

View attachment 1306884View attachment 1306885
I think it’s SO WEIRD that she used the same name for her kid as she did for a style of bikini in a product collab. The weirdest part about it is that the bikini came first 😂😂😂

like wtf? First baby named Malakai, then bikini named Malakai - ok fine the bikini is named after her kid because her personal brand is her life, cute. But irl it was first bikini named Malakai, then baby named Malakai - so the baby is named after the bikini?? I know she said at the time that she always liked the name Malakai for a baby but then save it for that?? Don’t waste it on a bathing suit and then name your kid after it hahahahah she’s so dense omg.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I’m also curious to know about this. I’ve gone back through so many SD posts and I saw so many old skool marketing/branding patterns, but I just don’t know how it overly works these days. How much would her management and communications team have a say in what happens too?

Also, I mentioned in the last thread that I swear MKT’s name is marketing/branding, but I was so rattled from listening to their podcast on managing conflict podcast episode that I spiralled a little and struggled to explain my perspective. So going back through her posts I have seen that Malakai has been mentioned before. (My apologies if this has already been discussed).

View attachment 1306884View attachment 1306885
I feel like @2xblended will be able to give a more accurate answer. From what I know she signed with a management company very early on, back when she was still at uni. These days they run their own management company (the name escapes me) so I doubt there is any oversight in what she posts as if there was half of it wouldn't make it through.

I'm unsure when she left the original management/ whether she signed with others before going solo/ establishing her own company.

Even without a management company it's pretty easy to figure out trends etc. I had social media training as part of a charity but now keep up by consuming similar content to what I'm creating and keeping a sharp eye on reels and tiktok trends. To me the difference that management can bring is ease of signing with brands, sponsorship deals, influencer events etc as they have industry connections that you may not.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I feel like @2xblended will be able to give a more accurate answer. From what I know she signed with a management company very early on, back when she was still at uni. These days they run their own management company (the name escapes me) so I doubt there is any oversight in what she's posts as if there was half of it wouldn't make it through.

I'm unsure when she left the original management/ whether she signed with others before going solo/ establishing her own company.

Even without a management company it's pretty easy to figure out trends etc. I had social media training as part of a charity but now keep up by consuming similar content to what I'm creating and keeping a sharp eye on reels and tiktok trends. To me the difference that management can bring is ease of signing with brands, sponsorship deals, influencer events etc as they're have industry connections that you may not.
Oh that’s cool. Sounds interesting what you do.
I used to know a little bit about marketing a decade ago, but now I’m a washed up Mumma who is a bit behind and so learning from all of these threads 😂

Was the company Mkt communications? They follow her and Loving Earth on IG.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
she spelt malakaaklas name wrong… again 😅😅 at this stage, i don’t even know how to spell it, jokes

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Oh quick, while I have all this engagement and Im worried about my sick son in hospital, lets do a 20% off sale on my already marked down products.

• Sick
Reactions: 42
exC
I feel like her phone by now surely will pick his actual spelling up. I have peoples names who are a bit unique in my phone and they always autocorrect right as I type it all the time

Have to still shill those products in hospital 🤩
exactly. her spelling malakais name wrong isn’t just “stupid autocorrect” anymore. she doesn’t have a single maternal bone in her body, of course she doesn’t know how to spell her own child’s name

Reactions: 23
Of courseeeeee she put an ad out for labang on her main feed. She must not be that worried about what’s going on at the hospital.

and I think she’s spelled Makka’s name wrong more than she’s spelled it right.
Could this labang ad be a scheduled post? Like something that was set up weeks ago and scheduled to post today? It might just be a coincidence. NOT trying to give her credit at al but my understanding is influencers are able to schedule posts ahead of time and they do this a lot for any brand deals/sponsorship contracts.

Reactions: 17
All of this 👆I agree, I strangely think people like content featuring sick kids, whether it’s to follow their journey, support the parent(s), or really I have no idea.. another acc I follow her son was diagnosed with cancer very recently and in the space of maybe a month since the diagnosis her followers grew from 4K to 45k..
You’re talking about momentslikemine? I’ve been following her journey. Lovely lady and beautiful babies. So so sad x

“Split second “ is sitting in the restaurant to eat lol imagine caring about posting your food and coffee ugh

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Oh that’s cool. Sounds interesting what you do.
I used to know a little bit about marketing a decade ago, but now I’m a washed up Mumma who is a bit behind and so learning from all of these threads 😂

Was the company Mkt communications? They follow her and Loving Earth on IG.
Hahaha I'm a lawyer by trade! This just gives me the option to be a bit creative and support a great dog rescue in my down time

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder what information we will receive from the sezzatron today? The silly doctors still don’t know what’s going on with makka? Her prayers were answered and he no longer has a deformity? someone finally told her to pipe down??? We can only dream
Information we’ve received today from The Sez so far
1. Ad for labang body being on sale

2. Photo of her avocado on toast (as it turns, the only time she will praise hospital staff is when they let her leave to get breakfast… not when they are saving her sons life)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I think it’s SO WEIRD that she used the same name for her kid as she did for a style of bikini in a product collab. The weirdest part about it is that the bikini came first 😂😂😂

like wtf? First baby named Malakai, then bikini named Malakai - ok fine the bikini is named after her kid because her personal brand is her life, cute. But irl it was first bikini named Malakai, then baby named Malakai - so the baby is named after the bikini?? I know she said at the time that she always liked the name Malakai for a baby but then save it for that?? Don’t waste it on a bathing suit and then name your kid after it hahahahah she’s so dense omg.
I mean remember she is the person who had an ambassador deal with white FOX and then named her child fox. So nothing she does is original including her childrens names.

I would also love it if one of her spell mistakes for Malakai comes out as mochalatte or some other variation we’ve used on here 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Really sorry to divert this conversation. I am feeling real bad for malakai, however Ellie's cookbook is being released in July. Her cover looks great - any chance sarah was waiting on Ellie's front cover to see if she can carbon copy?

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I think it's been talked about, and I fully recognize that part of my reaction is personal (I will explain), but she's awful for calling that sweater a piece of memorabilia.
My grandmother, who recently passed away quite suddenly, spent so much of her free time making hundreds and hundreds of baby hats and blankets to donate to her local children's hospital. It made her so joyful to fill up another bag to drive over and know she would be helping so many babies and new parents, and so many staff members would tell her how overjoyed those little things made them and how sane if kept them knowing that there were good people like that making those things in the world for people in their circumstances.
Again, I know this reaction is so personal to me specifically, with the death of my grandmother being so fresh and painful, but what an absolute witch for her to behave in that way. Someone wanted to do good by her and other parents and babies in her situation, and she tosses it aside. Seriously, how much more awful can she possibly be?
I want to keep watching this shitshow because MAN am I (probably unrealistically) hoping that this is the beginning of the end for her...but seeing and hearing her do that actually cut me pretty deep because I know how hard my grandmother worked on things like that. I think it would have crushed my grandmother if she were to have found out that someone like Sarah tossed her hate or her blanket aside like that. Ugh, duck her.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.