Sarah's Day #57 Baby's health scare gives me grey hair, Lord please "here" my performative prayer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t posted in a while but have been reading when I can. I just couldn’t help it. I don’t even care if she blocks me.
Lmao sis already blocked me. Priorities. Her kid is in hospital and she’s going through her dms blocking people. So glad she read it though. I just wanted her to even for a split second, think about what the hell she’s doing. Mission accomplished woo

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Edit: sorry for the length of this post. I was catching up and commented on various things.

I feel like you may you work in social media or related field (I do it as a side gig) but I constantly have to remind myself that 90% of the audience will see 1/3 of what I post so while two call outs for X in a fortnight may seem like overkill for me, it probably barely registers with the audience because there's so much content out there. From the sounds of things it's probably similar with the Stan's who only see some posts/ stories or even if they're more hardcore they won't read all the comments. And all of this is diluted against the backdrop of a gazillion other influencers.

Also, so people don't start thinking I'm an influenza I do the social media for a dog rescue and run an account for my dog (😂) which is pretty successful/ quite often has better engagement than Scuzz when she's not baiting like this lol.
Thanks for your thoughts! 🥰

I used to work in a related field but changed career paths when my job moved towards social media influencers. Ethically, I couldn't cope with being part of a team that scams people (because all influencers do flog something or the other).
Marketing, PR and product placements are always walking that fine line between suggestion and actual scam, but other forms of these disciplines are heavily regulated and can be held to account, whereas social media regulatory bodies are a decade behind the smart scams on YT and insta (not to mention the predators who are actively amassing followings on platforms, like Shane Dawson), and the nature of parasocial relationships ensures that people are so enmeshed that scams can run for years before someone notices.

While I realize a lot of people don't watch stories and give them their full attention, particularly when Scuzz goes -----------, and many more don't look at comments at all, I witnessed the window fitter incident/ Hawaiian Airlines/ Sabi + Soul as they unfolded in real time. I saw that a large portion of her following does, in fact, engage with her ranting to a large degree and they act on her bidding. Those are all kids going up against professional companies, but those same kids read the threads of comments under her posts, and they have attacked people scuzz has doxxed and tried to get some fired. I think people forget that incident because so much happens on these threads, but Scuzz weaponized her stans to the extent that they doxxed an insta user and did a deep dive to find where that user worked, then contacted their employer to ask for her to be fired because she didn't agree with something Scuzz said! I'll never forget the level of sick devotion to "defend" their pRiNcEsS because someone dared say she should disclose an ad (or some such reasonable thing).

That's why I always wonder how people manage the dissonance between savagely attacking others on behalf of scuzz, then watching her insult them directly after they've supported her in so many ways.

Of course your dog's insta has better engagement! I would follow and engage with that page in a heartbeat! 🥰
’m also curious to know about this. I’ve gone back through so many SD posts and I saw so many old skool marketing/branding patterns, but I just don’t know how it overly works these days. How much would her management and communications team have a say in what happens too?

Also, I mentioned in the last thread that I swear MKT’s name is marketing/branding
Yes, she uses obvious marketing tactics, but her son's name wasn't a branding tactic. He's her child, and as much as she uses him as a prop in photos, she's not choosing his name based on what'll get her the most hits on search engines. :oops:
Her management has a say in things like which brands she collaborates with, which products she can "produce" that would appear organic and in line with her brand, and -previously- which events she attended. They do not have a say in the naming of her children.
she spelt malakaaklas name wrong… again 😅😅 at this stage, i don’t even know how to spell it, jokes
Makes me happy I included the misspelled name in my thread intro! :mShe's such a loving mum! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Was the company Mkt communications? They follow her and Loving Earth on IG.
Mkt and Mktg are used as shorthand for "marketing" in the industry. It is a PR agency and is not related to macca pacca. :)

Could this labang ad be a scheduled post? Like something that was set up weeks ago and scheduled to post today? It might just be a coincidence. NOT trying to give her credit at al but my understanding is influencers are able to schedule posts ahead of time and they do this a lot for any brand deals/sponsorship contracts.
Yes, it would be scheduled, but she should have paused all scheduled posts as soon as he got ill. This is standard practice and would not have affected her contract with labang. It would just be rescheduled and the brand would have given her grace.
For a marketing genius that she thinks she is (having done a 1 year diploma :rolleyes:), she sure hasn't learned from this repeated error that the optics of a scheduled ad going out during a time of hardship are terrible.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I’ve been watching these threads for a year but this is my first time posting as no one else has pointed this out! When she was recording them watching big brother she has sunee and looks like tropeaka open in other tabs. Surely this is a time to step away from work and let your team handle things 🥴.

Also in the Mother’s Day vlog I was able to read Kurt’s letter to her and it was very much focused on how the two boys were lucky to have her in their lives rather than Kurt thanking Sarah for being a great mum and saying he’s grateful to have her in his life. Not sure if this was worth mentioning but I thought it was a little strange/off!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Thanks for your thoughts! 🥰

I used to work in a related field but changed career paths when my job moved towards social media influencers. Ethically, I couldn't cope with being part of a team that scams people (because all influencers do flog something or the other).
Marketing, PR and product placements are always walking that fine line between suggestion and actual scam, but other forms of these disciplines are heavily regulated and can be held to account, whereas social media regulatory bodies are a decade behind the smart scams on YT and insta (not to mention the predators who are actively amassing followings on platforms, like Shane Dawson), and the nature of parasocial relationships ensures that people are so enmeshed that scams can run for years before someone notices.

While I realize a lot of people don't watch stories and give them their full attention, particularly when Scuzz goes -----------, and many more don't look at comments at all, I witnessed the window fitter incident/ Hawaiian Airlines/ Sabi + Soul as they unfolded in real time. I saw that a large portion of her following does, in fact, engage with her ranting to a large degree and they act on her bidding. Those are all kids going up against professional companies, but those same kids read the threads of comments under her posts, and they have attacked people scuzz has doxxed and tried to get some fired. I think people forget that incident because so much happens on these threads, but Scuzz weaponized her stans to the extent that they doxxed an insta user and did a deep dive to find where that user worked, then contacted their employer to ask for her to be fired because she didn't agree with something Scuzz said! I'll never forget the level of sick devotion to "defend" their pRiNcEsS because someone dared say she should disclose an ad (or some such reasonable thing).

That's why I always wonder how people manage the dissonance between savagely attacking others on behalf of scuzz, then watching her insult them directly after they've supported her in so many ways.

Of course your dog's insta has better engagement! I would follow and engage with that page in a heartbeat! 🥰

Yes, she uses obvious marketing tactics, but her son's name wasn't a branding tactic. He's her child, and as much as she uses him as a prop in photos, she's not choosing his name based on what'll get her the most hits on search engines. :oops:
Her management has a say in things like which brands she collaborates with, which products she can "produce" that would appear organic and in line with her brand, and -previously- which events she attended. They do not have a say in the naming of her children.

Makes me happy I included the misspelled name in my thread intro! :mShe's such a loving mum! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Mkt and Mktg are used as shorthand for "marketing" in the industry. It is a PR agency and is not related to macca pacca. :)
Thankyou for your reply! I find all of this so interesting. That’s great you made the pivot. So gross how all these vultures prey on the vulnerabilities of younger ones just to line their own pockets.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She just doesn't understand how to care or look after anyone. I myself spent 3 days on a chair in an emergency department in Ireland due to a chronic illness and my partner who's 30 stayed by my side the whole time and not once did he complain about not having a bed or a private room. When you or someone you love is really sick you're just glad to be getting help.
I spent numerous nights on a hard plastic chair in the emergency vet hospital for my cat lol!! Never would have even thought to complain or upload sob stories to instagram or joke that he was causing me to go grey. and that was for a cat!! She has no idea about what its like to actually care for someone you love.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
You’re talking about momentslikemine? I’ve been following her journey. Lovely lady and beautiful babies. So so sad x

“Split second “ is sitting in the restaurant to eat lol imagine caring about posting your food and coffee ugh
Is she bloody copies that kids hospital cafe menu then FMD 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I can't with her hyperbole 🤯 and exaggeration.
"Illegal to" be awake so early. "illegal to" have the house to myself. "illegal to" be eating breakfast. Wtf is wrong with her??

Also does she ever eat anything else other than avo on toast or sloppy grey soup?

Domestic princess kitchen goddess with a soon to be released cookbook. Hmmppfff 😤

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I study in social media - I know its gone down now but still late but I'm sure there's a way to see if posts are scheduled or not. I know you can for Facebook and twitter so assume Instagram is also possible.

Second what 2xblended said, it's so easy to pause all scheduled posts or just move to next week. I assume (maybe wrongly) that someone else has access to her social accounts so they could have always paused too if she didn't feel up to it in hospital. Give her more time to perfect those selfies.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thankyou for your reply! I find all of this so interesting. That’s great you made the pivot. So gross how all these vultures prey on the vulnerabilities of younger ones just to line their own pockets.
Not at all, sorry I can't see the same patterns you do with her naming her kid, but at least you're paying attention to how she's been marketing herself from the very beginning. I wish more people would wisen up to that!
It's really interesting when you look at the background of how these people get to where they are. It's not all that different from modeling agencies and the supermodels of their times. It's just that with socials, it's direct contact between star and fan, so the moral compass of the star (more powerful) in the equation has to be pointing in the right direction so as not to abuse the fan (less powerful).
Unfortunately, the types of people drawn to this line of work often times have questionable ethics to begin with. When they get a devoted and emotionally invested following, they abuse their authority and scam to their heart's content; and without any regulations to monitor and contain them, the consequences can be dire (people have committed suicide as a result of online bullying on influencer pages).
Scuzz has already weaponized her stans and bullied people on her page, alongside running monetary scams, promoting dangerous medical practices (CIN protocol), plagiarizing concepts, and exploiting her children, but until Aus regulations catch up, these threads are the only thing holding her accountable.

it's so easy to pause all scheduled posts or just move to next week. I assume (maybe wrongly) that someone else has access to her social accounts so they could have always paused too if she didn't feel up to it in hospital. Give her more time to perfect those selfies.
This! (y)
A lot of it is her blocking people and deleting things but I'm sure someone else on her team also monitors comments. I can't believe this happened again. There have been scheduled posts running at the most inopportune times for ages now. It's not good branding for her or the companies she is promoting. They're so unprofessional in every way!

Reactions: 17
Hey Sarah, did you know my dog was put down without my knowledge a year ago? he had lung cancer and i didnt know. My mum who i don't like decided to keep my dog so when i got a call from a family member that my dog isnt well, i called every single hospital asking for updates and my mum put on paper that if i called they were to never tell me anything. SO when I got word he was put down, i didnt have a chance to say goodbye and i live with that regret till this day. he never had his last cuddle with me and i didnt have that last hug and kiss from him. But did i blast that on social media? no, its a private matter to deal with so delete your instagram or can instagram delete u instead? thanks.

(this is irrevelant and very sad but i never told anyone that before and i am still so sad its happened, so thanks for hearing me).

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Hey Sarah, did you know my dog was put down without my knowledge a year ago? he had lung cancer and i didnt know. My mum who i don't like decided to keep my dog so when i got a call from a family member that my dog isnt well, i called every single hospital asking for updates and my mum put on paper that if i called they were to never tell me anything. SO when I got word he was put down, i didnt have a chance to say goodbye and i live with that regret till this day. he never had his last cuddle with me and i didnt have that last hug and kiss from him. But did i blast that on social media? no, its a private matter to deal with so delete your instagram or can instagram delete u instead? thanks.

(this is irrevelant and very sad but i never told anyone that before and i am still so sad its happened, so thanks for hearing me).
That's bleeping devastating! Such a betrayal from a parent. :(
I hope you feel better after sharing. Sending you all the hugs! I just... :(
I lost my cat to cancer years ago, and she died at the vet's whilst I was abroad for a work event. I didn't get the last cuddle either and it broke me for a long time. I'm so sorry. 🤗
He knew you loved him. I promise he did. 💓

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Could this labang ad be a scheduled post? Like something that was set up weeks ago and scheduled to post today? It might just be a coincidence. NOT trying to give her credit at al but my understanding is influencers are able to schedule posts ahead of time and they do this a lot for any brand deals/sponsorship contracts.
It COULD be and SHOULD be like 2xblended has mentioned most influencers do it but I dunno she's not very organised so I'm not so sure

Reactions: 7
Not at all, sorry I can't see the same patterns you do with her naming her kid, but at least you're paying attention to how she's been marketing herself from the very beginning. I wish more people would wisen up to that!
It's really interesting when you look at the background of how these people get to where they are. It's not all that different from modeling agencies and the supermodels of their times. It's just that with socials, it's direct contact between star and fan, so the moral compass of the star (more powerful) in the equation has to be pointing in the right direction so as not to abuse the fan (less powerful).
Unfortunately, the types of people drawn to this line of work often times have questionable ethics to begin with. When they get a devoted and emotionally invested following, they abuse their authority and scam to their heart's content; and without any regulations to monitor and contain them, the consequences can be dire (people have committed suicide as a result of online bullying on influencer pages).
Scuzz has already weaponized her stans and bullied people on her page, alongside running monetary scams, promoting dangerous medical practices (CIN protocol), plagiarizing concepts, and exploiting her children, but until Aus regulations catch up, these threads are the only thing holding her accountable.

This! (y)
A lot of it is her blocking people and deleting things but I'm sure someone else on her team also monitors comments. I can't believe this happened again. There have been scheduled posts running at the most inopportune times for ages now. It's not good branding for her or the companies she is promoting. They're so unprofessional in every way!
Yeah I hope the Aus regulations catch up soon. Maybe with a new gov we might get somewhere.

Sorry for my religious babble and will hop off the thread for the day after this, but I’m just wondering maybe her conservative protestant religious upbringing has shaped her way of thinking which she would bring to her work space? Coming from a conservative Protestant church myself, and then also being around people from similar churches and Protestant independent schools, we would find that we were all taught the same thing about the Bible being the perfect book in terms of numbers. What we also noticed is that the Bible is filled with themes, symbolism, allusion, and is very cryptic. So the churchy narcs around us that were holier than thou would also be very numbers focussed, cryptic, allusive, baity and so forth. Pappa Hellsong is a shocker when it comes to this stuff 🤬

For example of the belief of the Bible being the perfect numerical book we were taught:
• If you split it in half there’s the same amount of chapters on each side.
• Psalm 117 is the shortest and middle chapter, Psalm 119 is the longest chapter, and the middle verse is Psalm 118:8
• 666 = evil, 777 = pure + holy
What didn’t get taken into consideration was historical context, which I’m sure was always for a reason - money!

It’s just speculation by me from what I see in her posts. It seems like it could be happening on a subconscious level, but this chick is so messed up and disordered so who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
It’s just speculation by me from what I see in her posts. It seems like it could be happening on a subconscious level, but this chick is so messed up and disordered so who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️
I'm not following you. What does the numerology in the bible have to do with her posts? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Can people watching Big Brother please post updates on how Brenton is going and how people are reacting to him? Hopefully everyone sees what a tool he is

Reactions: 19
That's bleeping devastating! Such a betrayal from a parent. :(
I hope you feel better after sharing. Sending you all the hugs! I just... :(
I lost my cat to cancer years ago, and she died at the vet's whilst I was abroad for a work event. I didn't get the last cuddle either and it broke me for a long time. I'm so sorry. 🤗
He knew you loved him. I promise he did. 💓
Thank you so much, i hope he knows i loved him. he was my person and we had to separate as my mum kicked me out and took him to hurt me a bit more. every dog from then on became a void to fill.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.