Sarahs Day #2 Cultural Appropriation x P.E. Nation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I think is sad is how many people I follow on social media that follow her too. Young women and mothers who think she is the gospel in regards to menstration, contraception, pregnancy and parenting. She spews our this rubbish without diligently researching or offering any reputable advice. For me the issue is her ‘just unfollow’ attitude, the misinformation she actively promotes and profits from is dangerous.

At least she had decided to shut up, either that or Kurt showed her the PR damage she is doing. I wonder what her disaster will be, 2020 has been an interesting year...
I do not like that unfollow turn a blind eye approach. Honestly like a drug dealer annoyed the cops are trying to stop them making money! If you don’t like drugs then just leave them alone.

It’s all about the pretty pink package she wraps her information in it is strangely addictive... but I can’t quite put my finger on why so many young women flock to her... from a marketing perspective she nailed it - which is what makes her the most dangerous.

Reactions: 5
Can we please make a list of every time Sarah has fcked up bc it seems to be getting a bit out of control. The amount of controversy she is causing on her extremely large platform is ridiculous, yet it is easily swept under the rug and forgotten about in a matter of days bc she deletes comments and her minions think that she is their god.

ill try and list all of them but if you can remember any more please reply and add more

1. Cultural Appropriation - both photoshoots for the swimwear collection and 'reboot' - she gets away with it by playing the victim and acting naive every damn time - the naivety game she plays could be another point in itself

2. Bushfires - $1 donations, if that isn't a money grab i don't know what is, so insensitive

3. Editing - although she doesn't photoshop her photos (from what i have seen) the FILTERS she uses is fricken ridiculous! Every single photo she is tanned in and i swear i have never seen foxes real eye colour bc there is always a filter on it. She is trying to be the perfect person yet the reason i followed her channel a few years back was bc i thought she was down to earth and wasn't fake

4. Homophobic - the homophobic slurs in the scrabble game and also in their podcast, talking about turning the son gay implying that it was a bad thing - mostly by Kurt but still, Sarah didn't pull him up for it and laughed

5. Deleting comments and blocking followers - she advocates that only 1% of her following are haters yet that's only bc she is blocking them and then she'll just go ahead and praise her positive following. She does not understand constructive criticism, she loves herself way too much and thinks that everything that she says is right

6. Her domestic princess bs - why does she care so much about telling her following that she cleaned her house - and her constant whining is just getting pathetic, everyone has to clean yet she just has to make it seem like the world is caving in on her and it's the worst task shes ever had to do. suck it up princess - which brings me to my next point, that she acts like her work is the hardest job to ever exist. Her constant complaining about editing, emails, and her secret projects while balancing her family is just pathetic - to think that she works from home too (not saying this makes her job easy) meaning she doesn't have to travel giving her more hours to work. She is legit complaining about what a YouTubers job is, I really don't understand. Maybe if she spent less time looking at herself in the mirror she could get more stuff done in her day.

7. all her projects are rip-offs of other brands or companies yet she expresses how hard she worked on them. Her whitefox collections are created based on pre-existing products and her fitness guides are basically the same as other social media influencers

Anyway, i used to enjoy following her for her fitness and lifestyle but now im just sick of her thinking that the world revolves around her
Unfollowed xoxo

hahaha a side note to this I must add, she claims to be a “domestic princess” but then had a meltdown that her housework was piling up so she got a cleaner job to help.

I mean, I don’t care if people pay for cleaners... but stop rambling about how you’re a domestic princess! You literally have been saying “ I know my apartment is so messy but I literally don’t care because we’re moving soon”
And then later have a breakdown on your stories about your house being messy so you hire a cleaner because you have too much on your plate.

Adding to the list of screw-ups the time when she and Kurt sat in their multi-million-dollar house they were starting to renovate (while still owning a plush apartment) and whining about being "tired and poor"
I believe she spent like 2.6mil on that house. Plus her already 1.6mil apartment plus the fact she’s renovating...
Oh she ain’t poor!!! 🙃 💰 💰

Reactions: 7
hahaha a side note to this I must add, she claims to be a “domestic princess” but then had a meltdown that her housework was piling up so she got a cleaner job to help.

I mean, I don’t care if people pay for cleaners... but stop rambling about how you’re a domestic princess! You literally have been saying “ I know my apartment is so messy but I literally don’t care because we’re moving soon”
And then later have a breakdown on your stories about your house being messy so you hire a cleaner because you have too much on your plate.

I believe she spent like 2.6mil on that house. Plus her already 1.6mil apartment plus the fact she’s renovating...
Oh she ain’t poor!!! 🙃 💰 💰
Funny you say that, because I was listening to their podcast where she kept going on about how she is such a clean person. But, did you guys see whenever Kurt did his coffee chats or they do any close ups of the bench? I don’t wanna shame, and it wasn’t the most repulsively dirty benchtop I’ve ever seen.... Buuuut it was pretty damn filthy.

I’m definitely not a clean freak, but I am also an adult who wipes up after spills, crumbs and general mess. I also wouldn’t be able to keep walking past a gross bench without wiping it down. Lastly, I certainly wouldn’t go on about bEiNg sOoO ClEaN if it was evident that I wasn’t.

Reactions: 8
Sarah check yourself? What are you doing? You can not have these comments under a black out Tuesday post and be okay with it. You blocked and deleted thousands of other comments and your gonna leave this. You are showing you don’t care about this movement. You couldn’t care less! Showing your real colours here sezzy and it’s screaming white privilege. Wait sorry you don’t think that exists.
she blocked me! She blocked me and left this this comment up. WTF!!! 🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Been following the last thread and just had to add that the house they bought was over 4million... my cousins lived there... it’s huge... and the grass outside is fake...

• Wow
Reactions: 3
The shameless girls talked about Sarah and cultural appropriation in their podcast. I hope sarah listens to it
Skip to 28:20 they start to discuss it
That was well covered. I hope she listens too. I like how they specifically mentioned the crying in the aftermath

Reactions: 2
Been following the last thread and just had to add that the house they bought was over 4million... my cousins lived there... it’s huge... and the grass outside is fake...
the property price was posted online on multiple different sites for around 2.5 million. If I can find it again I will screenshot but it definitely wasn’t 4 million.

Reactions: 11
It’s all about the pretty pink package she wraps her information in it is strangely addictive... but I can’t quite put my finger on why so many young women flock to her... from a marketing perspective she nailed it - which is what makes her the most dangerous.
Yes! It's fascinating in a disturbing way lol. Actually, how did all of you stumble upon or find Sarah? Was it on YouTube or Instagram? I found her when searching for hormonal acne videos on YouTube. Then I got pulled into her Instagram.

They had posted the sell price from when it was built (can’t remember what year) my uncle got around 3.8 mil selling it I think around 2011, so with inflation and the upkeep it would have sold for over 4, it was sold to a “private” buyer meaning they don’t tell you how much it sold for anywhere or to who. High price for the area but definitely not unreasonable:)
Hope I didn’t come across rude... just wanted to add that in as I spoke to my cousins about it at Christmas :)

Reactions: 4
Yes! It's fascinating in a disturbing way lol. Actually, how did all of you stumble upon or find Sarah? Was it on YouTube or Instagram? I found her when searching for hormonal acne videos on YouTube. Then I got pulled into her Instagram.
This is a good question. I found her after looking for workout e-books I could follow when I was first getting into fitness, about 2/3 years ago. Hers seemed to keep popping up as a popular one. I downloaded it for free off Reddit and thought 'meh' and went with a guide by LiveFitElle. But I still looked her up on Insta and Youtube and fell into her trap for a while. She is only a few years older than me, we both live in Australia and she had (what I thought at the time) was a super cool, chill, beachy lifestyle that I wanted for myself. I religiously watched her videos for a while and bought her natural deodorant (please no hate, but I actually like it 😬) before I started seeing the light about a year ago!

Reactions: 4
I was on maternity leave and basically just at home by myself and breastfeeding 24/7 so got into watching YouTube and the first video I came across was her crying when she found out she had CIN3 her videos were addictive and without realising she was making me feel so bad about myself. it didn’t click until she got pregnant and the way she was about it was so triggering to me. Especially post partum and her obsession with how her body looked. I Was too sick in my pregnancy to exercise and I put on a lot weight so I felt like her message was - you are lazy and unhealthy if you put on weight during and post pregnancy. So I was so focused on that rather then relaxing and enjoying my post partum experience. anyway had to stop watching her and was relieved to come across gg and see I wasn’t the only one! If you comment anything about body image to her her stans call you jealous, lazy and fat. Bloody gaslighting!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I found her through a random suggestion on YouTube when I was watching a make up tutorial.
this was back in the day of her living with her folks and in her single bed. She was pretty raw and vibrant which I liked and as a lifestyle blogger in found a lot of her health issues similar to mine.
When she became a lot more fake and self centred I stopped watching but continued to follow her on Instagram. And look I’m all for natural and healthy options and remedies but when she started to go to extremes and seeing her influence on young people (I’m 37) I thought no, this isn’t right and this isn’t healthy. Plus as someone that’s been dealing with an ED for many years she is very triggering.

• Heart
Oh wow said what we all thiu
I was on maternity leave and basically just at home by myself and breastfeeding 24/7 so got into watching YouTube and the first video I came across was her crying when she found out she had CIN3 her videos were addictive and without realising she was making me feel so bad about myself. it didn’t click until she got pregnant and the way she was about it was so triggering to me. Especially post partum and her obsession with how her body looked. I Was too sick in my pregnancy to exercise and I put on a lot weight so I felt like her message was - you are lazy and unhealthy if you put on weight during and post pregnancy. So I was so focused on that rather then relaxing and enjoying my post partum experience. anyway had to stop watching her and was relieved to come across gg and see I wasn’t the only one! If you comment anything about body image to her her stans call you jealous, lazy and fat. Bloody gaslighting!

This is exactly the way she made me feel my son is only 1 month younger than hers. The way she kept saying how "easy" it was for her in the newborn stage but then realised she was lying about it was way to much for me.

Also her ignoring doctors advise when she was in labour was ridiculous. I then realised how dangerous she is as an "influencer"

And now this... is just constant drama with her and she just continues to show how out of touch she is, and how much she does not deserve her platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh she's finally read everyone's comments here and decided it's time for her to post some resources and links. What a trooper - only took a full week of being called out

Reactions: 6
She wants to educate....whilst decked out in her gear....oh and she watched a doco on braids 🤪

• Sick
I wonder if she's going to address the blatantly racist comments she's been leaving up, while deleting comments that support the movement?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.