Sarahs Day #2 Cultural Appropriation x P.E. Nation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Being an ungrateful moany witch when her trip to Hawaii was delayed. She set her followers on Hawaiian Airlines by repeatedly slagging them off and tagging them in her posts. And she kept lying and exaggerating how long the delays were and basically blamed them for Fox ‘self weaning’ because in the few hours they were in the airport waiting somehow her boobs dried up!

Reactions: 12
You guys are on 🔥 and I'm loving it!
These examples would be great in a collage as an answer to one of her stan. Doubt they would see the light unfortunately...

Reactions: 4
Threatening a young girl with 'lawyers' when some allegedly copied her eBook when there are examples of her duplicating other brands' work. Can't imagine how she felt :( if you here girl - sending you strength

Reactions: 8
I think most everything has been covered and sorry if this is a repeat, but these came to mind.

Curing her PCOS with body bloom- she claimed she had PCOS as in past tense.

She and Kurt making fun of an elderly gentleman- I believe out in public.

Saying how boring Kate's wedding was and they're just too active to play board games.

Going on and on about how she's breastfeeding while a tin of formula sits in the background of her stories.

Claiming Fox has food allergies and intolerances despite not taking him to an Allergist.

Taking Fox to a chiropractor for his acid reflux instead of a Gastroenterologist.

Ignoring stay at home orders and getting a facial, her hair done and picking up a surfboard for Fox.

Sorry to bang on about this, but if I could narrow it down to just a few offenses I think the most problematic on her channel are the following:

1. Promoting disordered eating and exercise
2. Ignoring, avoiding and condemning conventional medicine in favor of alternative, natural treatments
3. Being openly homophobic and racist

The biggest offense for me personally was when she ignored her doctor's advice to induce. I thought that sent the most harmful message and really highlighted her arrogance and selfishness. Next up for me was the CIN3 situation. Reckless and irresponsible in my opinion. She encouraged her followers to gamble with their health and risk cancer. Unforgivable in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I think most everything has been covered and sorry if this is a repeat, but these came to mind.

Saying how boring Kate's wedding was and they're just too active to play board games.

Going on and on about how she's breastfeeding while a tin of formula sits in the background of her stories.

Claiming Fox has food allergies and intolerances despite not taking him to an Allergist.

Taking Fox to a chiropractor for his acid reflux instead of a Gastroenterologist.

Ignoring stay at home orders and getting a facial, her hair done and picking up a surfboard for Fox.

Sorry to bang on about this, but if I could narrow it down to just a few offenses I think the most problematic on her channel are the following:

2. Ignoring, avoiding and condemning conventional medicine in favor of alternative, natural treatments

The biggest offense for me personally was when she ignored her doctor's advice to induce. I thought that sent the most harmful message and really highlighted her arrogance and selfishness. Next up for me was the CIN3 situation. Reckless and irresponsible in my opinion. She encouraged her followers to gamble with their health and risk cancer. Unforgivable in my opinion.
and what got me the most was the whole reason she didn’t want to be induced is because she wanted a ‘natural’ Birth And she ‘knew her baby was fine’ and the mean doctors were just trying to scare her. So initially she refused any doctor recommended intervention - worked out well for her didn’t it? 🙄 Be interesting to see what she does next time round! Whether she goes straight for an epidural or not.
And the only reason they wanted to induce is because they were worried about his growth and he was obviously stressed as small babies don’t have very good reserves. Perhaps if she’d been a lazy blob and sat around eating doughnuts once in a while during her pregnancy then maybe fox wouldn’t have been worryingly small & distressed and she might have had the ‘natural holistic princess’ birth she wanted!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
and what got me the most was the whole reason she didn’t want to be induced is because she wanted a ‘natural’ Birth And she ‘knew her baby was fine’ and the mean doctors were just trying to scare her. So initially she refused any doctor recommended intervention - worked out well for her didn’t it? 🙄 Be interesting to see what she does next time round! Whether she goes straight for an epidural or not.
And the only reason they wanted to induce is because they were worried about his growth and he was obviously stressed as small babies don’t have very good reserves. Perhaps if she’d been a lazy blob and sat around eating doughnuts once in a while during her pregnancy then maybe fox wouldn’t have been worryingly small & distressed and she might have had the ‘natural holistic princess’ birth she wanted!
Exactly! She was so incredibly lucky everything went well. It's scary to think about women that will follow in her footsteps. Their outcome may be very different and possibly devastating. Her actions during pregnancy and after really illustrated how the only person she cares about is herself. Her arrogance of acting like she'd know if he was in distress (insert her eye roll) made me ill. I couldn't believe she was sharing that kind of misinformation and nonsense. It was her first big opportunity to put Fox's well being first and she couldn't do it. It had to be about her and her perfect natural birth... Which brings me to another thing to add to the list...

Intense and strenuous exercise shortly after giving birth while dealing with a prolapse. What a horrible thing to encourage other women to do. And that leads into another problem with her content... All of her project body comebacks. She sends a horrible message about food, exercise and the relationship with our bodies. Ugh. She is so problematic. I wish she'd mute her channel and IG permanently.

Reactions: 9
Can we also talk about the fact that our little sunflower, or petal or glitter bomb, ugh whatever... was studying to be a school teacher.
A. School. Teacher.
Let’s hope she chooses to not follow up with that, I don’t think she’s a good example for future generations.

Reactions: 10
Can we also talk about the fact that our little sunflower, or petal or glitter bomb, ugh whatever... was studying to be a school teacher.
A. School. Teacher.
Let’s hope she chooses to not follow up with that, I don’t think she’s a good example for future generations.
I think her mom is/was a school teacher and we all know Sez lacks imagination... probably saw her mom do it and just figured she would do the same

• Haha
Reactions: 3
"I need you to post and speak to your people". "You are more concerned with protecting your platform, your image and not wanting to lose followers..." Literally the words of a black woman. These are the voices she is blocking. There are so many videos that speak exactly to Sarah's actions and the behaviour of her followers. So much of her audience is white and she is choosing to be silent. She is choosing not to own up to her mistakes in a genuine manner. I hope she's sitting here reading all of these threads and really evaluating her priorities as an "influencer". My heart is breaking for my black brothers and sisters 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 11

And she didn’t want a c-section so badly that she put her babies life in danger then needed forceps which destroyed her pelvic floor. This sends a message out to young women the c-sections are bad when they are actually life saving.

Reactions: 7
About Sarah's Day receipts... Do we have any evidence of when she claimed she was working with a nutritionist or dietitian (and possibly a legal team?) on her cooking project? We should hold her accountable. If I remember correctly, she was complaining about how much work she was putting into it and how many people were involved. Maybe it was in her stories? Also, do we know when she's planning to release her cooking app?

Reactions: 2
And she didn’t want a c-section so badly that she put her babies life in danger then needed forceps which destroyed her pelvic floor. This sends a message out to young women the c-sections are bad when they are actually life saving.
Forceps don’t destroy pelvic floor muscles, c-sections also aren’t always necessary, each birth is different and requires different leveled of medical intervention.
However, I agree that Sarah put her own ‘holistic education’ and agenda of a water birth at the forefront as a means to profit from her birth. Being ignorant about the reality of potential complications is irresponsible.

Reactions: 3
She probably thinks that posting the black tile and then being silent by not posting her regular content is all she needs to do, while the intention behind it is that you stop your usual posting and instead post vital and informative content about the BLM movement.

That is my understanding of the intention anyway, but somebody please correct me if I’m wrong. More than happy to be corrected on this.
Still silent today! She had actually completely missed the point. POC are saying if you think staying silent is doing something it’s not - because that is white people have done forever.

She should be looking up black fitness and health influencers and sharing their profiles. Linking to articles about cultural appropriation. Maybe connecting with a black influencer and PAYING them (she probably has no idea what paying someone for their work means) to make a video about cultural appropriation and why her campaign was not ok. (Although I understand though it is not POC job to do this) ... I am shook at how pathetic and weak the girl is. Shut down your platform if you hate confrontation as it is literally your job to confront things.

Forceps don’t destroy pelvic floor muscles, c-sections also aren’t always necessary, each birth is different and requires different leveled of medical intervention.
However, I agree that Sarah put her own ‘holistic education’ and agenda of a water birth at the forefront as a means to profit from her birth. Being ignorant about the reality of potential complications is irresponsible.
hmmm forceps can do a lot of damage to the pelvic floor and they are only used in absolute emergency. If you do a quick google you will see a lot of information about it.

I only mean she was so adamant to not have one throwing shade at the procedure. Influencers do this thing where they try and have the perfect birth and make out that anything else is a failure of being a woman.
But all births are different and often life threatening in fact childbirth used to be (and still is in some places) one of the biggest killers of women. Of course people should aim for natural but what concerns me is making a c-section into some type of failure birth to young women.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Hey all! Long time lurker on GG and finally made the switch over, what a difference! 😬

I am still in shock that she went ahead with her active wear launch to be honest. I mean, it really is just incomprehensible! I’m also very interested on how she is going to break this radio silence.... what do we all think about possible donations from her activewear sales to some local black run businesses or grassroots charities??

It’s just one thing after another after another with her! Each more spine chilling than the last 😫 I can’t possibly imagine what she’s going to use an excuse to get out of this one....

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sarah check yourself? What are you doing? You can not have these comments under a black out Tuesday post and be okay with it. You blocked and deleted thousands of other comments and your gonna leave this. You are showing you don’t care about this movement. You couldn’t care less! Showing your real colours here sezzy and it’s screaming white privilege. Wait sorry you don’t think that exists.

Attachments

• Wow
Adding to the list of screw-ups the time when she and Kurt sat in their multi-million-dollar house they were starting to renovate (while still owning a plush apartment) and whining about being "tired and poor"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Still silent today! She had actually completely missed the point. POC are saying if you think staying silent is doing something it’s not - because that is white people have done forever.

She should be looking up black fitness and health influencers and sharing their profiles. Linking to articles about cultural appropriation. Maybe connecting with a black influencer and PAYING them (she probably has no idea what paying someone for their work means) to make a video about cultural appropriation and why her campaign was not ok. (Although I understand though it is not POC job to do this) ... I am shook at how pathetic and weak the girl is. Shut down your platform if you hate confrontation as it is literally your job to confront things.

hmmm forceps can do a lot of damage to the pelvic floor and they are only used in absolute emergency. If you do a quick google you will see a lot of information about it.

I only mean she was so adamant to not have one throwing shade at the procedure. Influencers do this thing where they try and have the perfect birth and make out that anything else is a failure of being a woman.
But all births are different and often life threatening in fact childbirth used to be (and still is in some places) one of the biggest killers of women. Of course people should aim for natural but what concerns me is making a c-section into some type of failure birth to young women.
I have researched extensively about child birth, beyond a quick google. There are numerous causes of pelvic floor trauma and injury in birth, it isn’t factual to say that caused her issues. We each have our opinions, i’ll leave it there.

However, I do agree that she has written her own narrative of ignorance. Only recently did she state she used a pessary for cardio, clearly pretending she was super mum and didn’t have problems when exercising for months. She also promoted her ebooks for post partum women, which was not appropriate.

I have researched extensively about child birth, beyond a quick google. There are numerous causes of pelvic floor trauma and injury in birth, it isn’t factual to say that caused her issues. We each have our opinions, i’ll leave it there.

However, I do agree that she has written her own narrative of ignorance. Only recently did she state she used a pessary for cardio, clearly pretending she was super mum and didn’t have problems when exercising for months. She also promoted her ebooks for post partum women, which was not appropriate.
Happy to go with you on the forceps as I am no expert.🙌🏽

Agreed - I was quite surprised when she said she used the pessary - that is so messed up here books are so far from appropriate for a post partum woman 😭

Reactions: 1
Happy to go with you on the forceps as I am no expert.🙌🏽

Agreed - I was quite surprised when she said she used the pessary - that is so messed up here books are so far from appropriate for a post partum woman 😭
What I think is sad is how many people I follow on social media that follow her too. Young women and mothers who think she is the gospel in regards to menstration, contraception, pregnancy and parenting. She spews our this rubbish without diligently researching or offering any reputable advice. For me the issue is her ‘just unfollow’ attitude, the misinformation she actively promotes and profits from is dangerous.

At least she had decided to shut up, either that or Kurt showed her the PR damage she is doing. I wonder what her disaster will be, 2020 has been an interesting year...

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.