Sarahs Day #2 Cultural Appropriation x P.E. Nation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to post again, but my immature crockpot comment reminded me of something... Doesn't she use a home delivery food service? Can we reach out to them? Since she never discloses sponsorships or ads, I'm not sure what company she was using. I saw an article about Hello Fresh ending their partnership with an actress accused of treating a cast member horribly because of her race. Sarah isn't celebrity status (only in her own mind), but it's another sponsor we can make aware of her current actions.

Reactions: 4
Sorry to post again, but my immature crockpot comment reminded me of something... Doesn't she use a home delivery food service? Can we reach out to them? Since she never discloses sponsorships or ads, I'm not sure what company she was using. I saw an article about Hello Fresh ending their partnership with an actress accused of treating a cast member horribly because of her race. Sarah isn't celebrity status (only in her own mind), but it's another sponsor we can make aware of her current actions.
She got hello fresh once but considering she kept going on about how she had to change all the recipes anyway because of her “allergies” I doubt they’re still working with her anyway. I know I wouldn’t be paying someone to advertise my food if they changed the whole thing and made it look like her slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
And sorry to quote something fromt he depths of the previous thread (I only caught up yesterday and did not see any answer to my question in the posts that followed) but... "shaming her fans for being fat at meet and greets" ???? sorry what?? I started following Sarah, I wanna say, 3 1/2 years or so ago? I remember all the meet & greets but I only joined the dark side and saw through her bullshit about a year ago so I completely missed this. Can anybody shed some light on this for me please? Would be greatly appreciated.
Also I obviously detest the other behaviours you listed as well but those I have seen all the evidence for so that's why I'm not following up there, just to be clear haha
This was confirmed by multiple people on the other site.
From memory, someone posted that they went to her meet and greet and made a nervous comment that she hadn't worked out recently, and Sarah responded something to the effect that this fan was lazy and didn't have any reason not to workout. Sorry I can't get the original quote for you, we have 16 threads over there and I can't recall who posted it or when.
If that user has moved over here, they can explain in detail.

There were other posters who said she was dismissive of them at her meet and greets as well.
Someone who went to her YT cooking demo thing (some convention for YTers where Sarah made smoothies with Tropeaka powders) said Sarah made a "joke" about this fan not having abs, and she (the fan) felt totally triggered by the comment and started a very strict diet as a result. I think this comment was on an early YT video of Sarah's but I can't remember which one as it was a couple of years ago now.

I also once also got a DM from one of her former fans (this was maybe a year ago) when I posted a long rant about Sarah on GG.
The fan is a very fit Aussie girl and she went to Sarah's first ebook launch, and she said Sarah ignored her and avoided taking a picture with her, and she felt it was because her body was as lean as Sarah's. Basically she felt that Sarah's competitive side took over and she didn't want to be seen next to someone fitter than her.

There are many others who posted on GG, saying they saw Sarah in Blackwood Pantry or on the beach, and she would quickly hide behind her hoodie and scurry away when they tried to say hello, like she thinks she's too good to mingle with the riff raff. How heartbroken would you feel if your idol did that to you?

Sarah herself made excuses for her most recent meet and greet- something about ice cream/ lollies on the beach. And even before she attended she said she could only stay an hour because she had to breastfeed Fox, when in reality, we had seen she had switched to formula feeding him already, she just didn't want to spend time with her fans.

It's a shame she treats her fans so badly. Particularly recently when her and Kurt said her fans "should shut up, they don't understand and are stupid". That was in her insta stories rant as a response to comments that she is making all the decisions about the new house and isn't giving Kurt any input.

Sorry this was such a long reply, but I never make a statement without a reason. There are receipts of these instances on the older threads. :)

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
This was confirmed by multiple people on the other site.
From memory, someone posted that they went to her meet and greet and made a nervous comment that she hadn't worked out recently, and Sarah responded something to the effect that this fan was lazy and didn't have any reason not to workout. Sorry I can't get the original quote for you, we have 16 threads over there and I can't recall who posted it or when.
If that user has moved over here, they can explain in detail.

There were other posters who said she was dismissive of them at her meet and greets as well.
Someone who went to her YT cooking demo thing (some convention for YTers where Sarah made smoothies with Tropeaka powders) said Sarah made a "joke" about this fan not having abs, and she (the fan) felt totally triggered by the comment and started a very strict diet as a result. I think this comment was on an early YT video of Sarah's but I can't remember which one as it was a couple of years ago now.

I also once also got a DM from one of her former fans (this was maybe a year ago) when I posted a long rant about Sarah on GG.
The fan is a very fit Aussie girl and she went to Sarah's first ebook launch, and she said Sarah ignored her and avoided taking a picture with her, and she felt it was because her body was as lean as Sarah's. Basically she felt that Sarah's competitive side took over and she didn't want to be seen next to someone fitter than her.

There are many others who posted on GG, saying they saw Sarah in Blackwood Pantry or on the beach, and she would quickly hide behind her hoodie and scurry away when they tried to say hello, like she thinks she's too good to mingle with the riff raff. How heartbroken would you feel if your idol did that to you?

Sarah herself made excuses for her most recent meet and greet- something about ice cream/ lollies on the beach. And even before she attended she said she could only stay an hour because she had to breastfeed Fox, when in reality, we had seen she had switched to formula feeding him already, she just didn't want to spend time with her fans.

It's a shame she treats her fans so badly. Particularly recently when her and Kurt said her fans "should shut up, they don't understand and are stupid". That was in her insta stories rant as a response to comments that she is making all the decisions about the new house and isn't giving Kurt any input.

Sorry this was such a long reply, but I never make a statement without a reason. There are receipts of these instances on the older threads. :)
Don't apologise, I love a good long post like this! Thank you for taking the time to explain.

That is absolutely appaling but knowing what I know now about Sarah I can't say I'm surprised. This behaviour alone should be reason enough to take her platform away from her. The amount of power she has over young impressionable girls is ridiculous and she clearly doesn't realise how badly you can duck someone up when it comes to food, diet and body issues.

But I realised the other day what might be the one thing that makes me the angriest with her. It's not just that she acts this way, it's that she acts this way but claims to be the exact opposite. That's what's so harmful about her. The young girls that follow her will take her at her word when she says that she's a holistic health princess (barf) and that she only wants people to feel good and be healthy. In reality, she only cares about being number one, having abs and getting everything for free.

edit: typo

Reactions: 10
Don't apologise, I love a good long post like this! Thank you for taking the time to explain.

That is absolutely appaling but knowing what I know now about Sarah I can't say I'm surprised. This behaviour alone should be reason enough to take her platform away from her. The amount of power she has over young impressionable girls is ridiculous and she clearly doesn't realise how badly you can duck someone up when it comes to food, diet and body issues.

But I realised the other day what might be the one thing that makes me the angriest with her. It's not just that she acts this way, it's that she acts this way but claims to be the exact opposite. That's what's so harmful about her. The young girls that follow her will take her at her word when she says that she's a holistic health princess (barf) and that she only wants people to feel good and be healthy. In reality, she only cares about being number one, having abs and getting everything for free.

edit: typo
Sorry to quote you again but I found a few of those original receipts to the instances I mentioned above. I would try to find the others too, but the site keeps crashing. Just getting these off that site took so much more time and effort than I was expecting.

Here's the original post with her making a fan feel awful at her meet and greet:
Jkate6 said:
Holy moly just discovered this thread and with all the positivity going on in her insta and YouTube comments I seriously thought I was the only one with a bit of an issue with her. She’s lately really been rubbing me up the wrong way but I first had my doubts about her a couple years ago at a meet and greet. I was first in line (die hard fan at the time) and got to have a bit of a chat with her. At this time she was recovering from her staph infection and she came across as SUPER insecure and just... young. She was saying how she felt like such a “blob” not exercising or anything like that (because of the staph) and me trying to make her feel better said that I too have been a “blob” lately. She said to me “haha but you don’t even have an excuse?”. Made me feel really crappy about myself but I had some health reasons as to why I wasn’t exercising and I was a little underweight at the time. Plus I was totally stressed out with my uni degree at the time and was taking a break (look at me still justifying not working out lol). Reflecting on this I think she is truely obsessed with working out and looking a certain way and i feel sorry for her. I genuinely hope she takes some time off gym and social media to find herself and be with her son and family. Learn about taking care of a child and how to play/interact with him, spend time with friends and family to bring her back to earth and remind her of what eating, working and exercise is actually normal.
Her thinking she's the best thing since sliced bread and not acknowledging others:
pizzalurker said:
So she had her hair cut *gifted at the edwards and co salon in surry hills.I live 2 minutes from there and almost walked into her on the street. She was walking along, head bowed with big sunnies on (even though it was raining) and looking so depressed. In the 'city' she hates so much lol, walking around like she's being followed around by paparazzi. She didn't smile, look interested or acknowledge the people who served her getting coffee - no keep cup in sight btw. Self righteous and so far away from her humble beginnings, I almost felt sorry for her. Anyway, my insight into her 'real and raw' life!
Madblonde said:
That’s exactly what she was like when I saw her at the dog park in Cronulla - she ain’t no ‘GUd MorNiNG GUYzzzz anD HaPpY MONdaY’ in real life, she was wearing big sunnies and a hoodie like she was Beyoncé and put her head down when I looked in her direction like I was the paparazzi or something. Like no girl I refused to take a second look cause I didn’t want to give you the satisfaction.

Edit: I more quote to add:
On Sarah's general behaviour out and about in her area:
bumblebee333 said:
So rude, so entitled, won’t move out of your way when you say excuse me and is standing in a walkway, sits on her phone 24/7 even when she’s with people (ie. Kurt or Tanika her two friends), rude to staff, actually just a witch. It honestly makes me want to not frequent these places if they’re supporting someone as vapid as her but I’ve been going since they opened and they are small businesses so it’s hard not to.
Did bumblebee join us here? I hope so!

I hope the OPs don't mind these quotes here. I haven't altered your original posts in any way. Just cross referencing the instances as it'll be good for any stans to realize their idol is actually quite mean in real life.

Unfortunately, I had to delete that PM from the person who said she was avoided because she was as fit/ fitter than Sarah. My inbox used to fill up every time I posted a rant about Sarah. Her stans would immediately begin attacking me, so I'd have to delete all the messages to allow for new PMs to come through (from normal people I regularly communicate with). A couple of the OG posters here know this as I mentioned it to them at the time. But yeah, you'll have to take my word for that story. :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Sarah is fuuuuccccckkkkked up. Liberal voting, Christian (no shade to religious people she is FAKE Scott Morrison kinda Christian), right wing who bases her personality and beliefs around Instagram and YouTube trends. I honestly think she got pregnant because it is well known influencers can make a killing and boost their following when they do. Which she did.

edit - removed a paragraph
There is a reason ScoMo is known as the liar from the shire!

For you Sarah
CC8E8193-4505-4D83-8CDC-2AB2F3257795.jpeg

Attachments

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I'm not sure if this was posted on GG, but Christie Swadling responded to people saying she copies Sarah. The tea starts at 24:45 🐸 :coffee:

Sorry to quote you again but I found a few of those original receipts to the instances I mentioned above. I would try to find the others too, but the site keeps crashing. Just getting these off that site took so much more time and effort than I was expecting.

Here's the original post with her making a fan feel awful at her meet and greet:

Her thinking she's the best thing since sliced bread and not acknowledging others:

Edit: I more quote to add:
On Sarah's general behaviour out and about in her area:

Did bumblebee join us here? I hope so!

I hope the OPs don't mind these quotes here. I haven't altered your original posts in any way. Just cross referencing the instances as it'll be good for any stans to realize their idol is actually quite mean in real life.

Unfortunately, I had to delete that PM from the person who said she was avoided because she was as fit/ fitter than Sarah. My inbox used to fill up every time I posted a rant about Sarah. Her stans would immediately begin attacking me, so I'd have to delete all the messages to allow for new PMs to come through (from normal people I regularly communicate with). A couple of the OG posters here know this as I mentioned it to them at the time. But yeah, you'll have to take my word for that story. :)
Wow this is amazing, THANK YOU. I really hope that some of her stans will come across this. Thank you for taking the time!!

Again, I am not surprised. She seems like suuuuch a witch. Must be exhausting faking a happy personality like that when in reality you're just a huge head. I bet it must take a toll on your mental health too. But she has dug this grave all by herself so no sympathy from me.

I wish there was video of her telling that girl she had no excuse not to work out. Because I can't imagine the tone you would say that to someone in - like, how would you even say something like that to someone. I don't get it. Her brain is actually very strange.

Someone either earlier on here or on the reddit or on a group posted a photo of her and Sarah and said she was rude to her and tried to outshine her because she was trying to connect with Sarah and said she also did gymnastics and Sarah put her down. Classy stuff.

Regarding Karella grocer (sp?) someone emailed them and I think* they basically said as a small business they need her support.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I reckon there's a clickbait YouTube video on the way titled something like "sorry." where she cries like a victim for 8 minutes and doesn't actually say sorry
More like a vlog about "rising up" from internet meanies holding her accountable wedged between uncomfortable long shots of her prop kid.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Someone either earlier on here or on the reddit or on a group posted a photo of her and Sarah and said she was rude to her and tried to outshine her because she was trying to connect with Sarah and said she also did gymnastics and Sarah put her down. Classy stuff.

Regarding Karella grocer (sp?) someone emailed them and I think* they basically said as a small business they need her support.
Thank you for reminding me! Original post below:

yikessarah said:
I was a Sezzy stan for about 2 years and have been on the GG train for the last 6 months or so. Finally unfollowed and unsubscribed after the bush fire issue. What a disgusting way to make money and to use the word "fun" really grinds my gears.

ALSO, I thought I'd add a lil story while I'm here. In 2017 I went to one of Sezzy's meetups in Brisbane. Went early, waited in line for ages even though I was in the first 20 people, was super excited to get a picture with her etc etc. When I met her I started talking about how much I liked her fitness journey/transition because I'd been a dancer and gymnast when I was younger too. And I swear to God, she DID NOT want to hear a bar of my own story! I had only taken up about 1 minute of her time and she was talking over the top of me about how good she was at handstands!!! Just overshadowed my "I was a gymnast too" comment with the whole bUT iM beTtEr ThAn YoU sO iT dOeSnT mAtTeR. Ugh. I remember thinking at the time that it was a bit rude but continued to stan her for a bit longer.

Now realise that's her whole personality...miles above anyone else and MUCH better than everyone else who has the same hobby...

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I can relate to the feeling shaky and anxious when being confronted - I react 100% the same way and it is REALLY annoying when you are trying to argue back / get your point across and you get all shaky and start tearing up lol
BUT the one thing that Sarah does not seem to realise that sets her apart from most normal people is that when she is being confronted with criticism / backlash, she gets all shaky and starts playing the victim and never considers for even a second that it could have been her actions that caused the confrontation. Instead she immediately goes into the defense / makes excuses / cries or shows her toddler for sympathy and basically just tells people what she knows they want to hear instead of truly looking at her own words and actions, reflect and realise that people were right and she needs to work on herself.
(I’m new to this website, sorry if I did this wrong!)

On a reread of my post, I just want to clarify that I also completely understand those symptoms of anxiety! I have them myself, but in the heat of the moment I feel like I kind of dismissed the disorder and want to apologise if I offended anyone.

What I meant was: Getting confronted due to your racism and getting anxious and shaky is not exactly the same as getting confronted due to eating the last cookie in the jar, or feeling shaky and anxious as a cop holds a gun to your face. Sarah’s constant refusal to acknowledge her privilege and racism has just made me unable to feel sorry for her when the confrontation is deserved and justified. She sees all confrontation as bad confrontation and gets all defensive and high and mighty. There are people dying, and she’s not 100% with the movement, so of course she’s going to be anxious when she’s so majorly on the wrong side and making excuses for her actions. Her warped view on confrontation when SHE’S the offender would make anyone anxious, but instead of taking accountability she’s constantly viewing confrontation as hate and bullying.

• Heart
(I’m new to this website, sorry if I did this wrong!)

On a reread of my post, I just want to clarify that I also completely understand those symptoms of anxiety! I have them myself, but in the heat of the moment I feel like I kind of dismissed the disorder and want to apologise if I offended anyone.

What I meant was: Getting confronted due to your racism and getting anxious and shaky is not exactly the same as getting confronted due to eating the last cookie in the jar, or feeling shaky and anxious as a cop holds a gun to your face. Sarah’s constant refusal to acknowledge her privilege and racism has just made me unable to feel sorry for her when the confrontation is deserved and justified. She sees all confrontation as bad confrontation and gets all defensive and high and mighty. There are people dying, and she’s not 100% with the movement, so of course she’s going to be anxious when she’s so majorly on the wrong side and making excuses for her actions. Her warped view on confrontation when SHE’S the offender would make anyone anxious, but instead of taking accountability she’s constantly viewing confrontation as hate and bullying.
Oh no, sorry if it sounded like I was arguing with your post - I did not think you were trying to dismiss anxiety at all! I think I worded that badly haha.
And I don't mean to diagnose anyone but it doesn't seem to me like Sarah actually suffers from anxiety (as a disorder), she's also never mentioned anything of that sort I think? (please correct me if I'm wrong!)
Not being able to deal with confrontation very well is very common (and I mean, we're talking about thousands of people coming at you, so it would cause feelings of anxiety in anyone I think) - but I don't think that can be compared to suffering from anxiety as a disorder. So you have nothing to worry about in my opinion, I don't think your post will offend anybody!

You're absolutely right that she just cannot take accountability for anything.

Reactions: 4
I am surprised she's gone dark today. I bet she's just given up. She's right, she can't do anything right and she can't please everyone and that's because she's not listening to what's being said. Or she's only listening to the white privileged voices because she's blocked and deleted the voices of everyone else. And therein lies the true problem; she doesn't understand the issues going on at the moment. Doesn't understand, doesn't want to understand and probably also doesn't agree because aLl LiVeS mAtTeR. Yes, they do, but not right now they don't. She's probably sitting at home today, vlogging of course, crying to Kurt and the camera that she's only trying to spread love and happiness but the jealous haters are trying to cut her tall sunflower down. And they've suceeded. She's not gone dark because she feels it's the right thing to do. She's doing it as a punishment, as a petty statement. She's no doubt loving the DM's from worried fans thinking the haters have made her harm herself. It'll be interesting to see what she comes out with tomorrow, or if she'll stay dark for a number of days to continue the manipulation and get her fans really worked up.

Reactions: 9
Can we please make a list of every time Sarah has fcked up bc it seems to be getting a bit out of control. The amount of controversy she is causing on her extremely large platform is ridiculous, yet it is easily swept under the rug and forgotten about in a matter of days bc she deletes comments and her minions think that she is their god.

ill try and list all of them but if you can remember any more please reply and add more

1. Cultural Appropriation - both photoshoots for the swimwear collection and 'reboot' - she gets away with it by playing the victim and acting naive every damn time - the naivety game she plays could be another point in itself

2. Bushfires - $1 donations, if that isn't a money grab i don't know what is, so insensitive

3. Editing - although she doesn't photoshop her photos (from what i have seen) the FILTERS she uses is fricken ridiculous! Every single photo she is tanned in and i swear i have never seen foxes real eye colour bc there is always a filter on it. She is trying to be the perfect person yet the reason i followed her channel a few years back was bc i thought she was down to earth and wasn't fake

4. Homophobic - the homophobic slurs in the scrabble game and also in their podcast, talking about turning the son gay implying that it was a bad thing - mostly by Kurt but still, Sarah didn't pull him up for it and laughed

5. Deleting comments and blocking followers - she advocates that only 1% of her following are haters yet that's only bc she is blocking them and then she'll just go ahead and praise her positive following. She does not understand constructive criticism, she loves herself way too much and thinks that everything that she says is right

6. Her domestic princess bs - why does she care so much about telling her following that she cleaned her house - and her constant whining is just getting pathetic, everyone has to clean yet she just has to make it seem like the world is caving in on her and it's the worst task shes ever had to do. suck it up princess - which brings me to my next point, that she acts like her work is the hardest job to ever exist. Her constant complaining about editing, emails, and her secret projects while balancing her family is just pathetic - to think that she works from home too (not saying this makes her job easy) meaning she doesn't have to travel giving her more hours to work. She is legit complaining about what a YouTubers job is, I really don't understand. Maybe if she spent less time looking at herself in the mirror she could get more stuff done in her day.

7. all her projects are rip-offs of other brands or companies yet she expresses how hard she worked on them. Her whitefox collections are created based on pre-existing products and her fitness guides are basically the same as other social media influencers

Anyway, i used to enjoy following her for her fitness and lifestyle but now im just sick of her thinking that the world revolves around her
Unfollowed xoxo

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Another eff up was the Gypsy sunglasses

‘Curing’ cin3

When she gave up coffe to cure her cin3 but refused to give it up while pregnant or to help fox with his tummy.
lying about keep-cups.
Ignoring doctors and demonising them.
the spidey gal episode.
Lying about using formula.
Putting other pregnant women down for not training and being blobs while pregnant
The snorkelling while pregnant

basically everything she does is a problem, she is a truly problematic human. 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 11
body shaming/diet culture
- laughing about how Kurt calls her 'big mamma' to 'motivate' her into losing weight post-fox
- 'wed shred' when already in very good shape - implying you need to lose weight to get married
- often saying Kurt has let himself go
- shaming Kurt for eating ice cream/normal foods when he is clearly fit & healthy most of the time & these things have a place in a healthy diet

- also calling nude paint 'skin coloured'

- I can't remember specifics but she regularly repeats & laughs at politically incorrect/bad taste jokes her dad has made on her podcast with Kurt

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.