Sarahs Day #2 Cultural Appropriation x P.E. Nation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following (I can't get over how much better this site is than GG!)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
DJTigerlily (Aussie DJ/Influencer) also supporting Sarah’s activewear...
I unfollowed Tigerlily after she associated with and did a podcast recently with Trashy Bines!
Everyday it seems like Sarah is following more in Ashy's footsteps with controversy and ignorance, they just have a different age demographic of fans. Someone rightly mentioned in the last thread that years ago Ashy once reached out to Sarah to collab (after Ashy stole and posted a picture of Sarah's fridge without crediting her and being attacked by stans), but noted Sarah had ignored her. Funny how she didn't want to associate with her then, and now they are cut entirely from the same cloth - with apparently the same terrible dentist.

I would loveeee Sarah's app to make the same mistake as Ashy's ten previous app ideas she has released and have a not-so-obvious T&C's to a monthly subscription that all her stans will miss then complain about once money comes out. Her true unethical money-grabbing self could then be further exposed. I can't imagine this would be a one off payment with how much is being invested into it. :censored::sneaky: Oops Sarah, did I just expose your #bossgirl idea?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I tried so hard to get everyone here without posting a direct link, not to offend the mods at GG. But this site is so much better. And there's less arguing between members here, whereas on GG people would often get into unnecessary arguments with each other instead of focusing on Sarah's actions.
I actually want both threads running because it increases the chances of people finding out the truth if there are multiple sources showcasing her lies. I'm so happy to see the subreddit and FB pages are all exposing her now.
Edit: Meanwhile, I tried to log on there now and it's down yet again. What is wrong with their server❓

Oops Sarah, did I just expose your #bossgirl idea?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

_______
@HolyMamaYoutubeDrama You are missed. Please pop in sometime. :)

Reactions: 12
Confrontation makes her anxious and shake? Tell that to the black community being murdered. I’m so over her victim bullshit.

She’s completely using this social media blackout bullshit thing as an excuse to not post anything when, if she was educated she would know, it’s not about going silent. Imbecile.

I’m completely appalled and disgusted at the lack of people in her audience not holding her accountable for using her platform and her power. It makes me sick that people genuinely think she “doesn’t have to do anything”.

You’re either anti-racist or racist. Sarah has shown time and time again she’s racist. She’s being told how to use her platform and she’s not doing it, but then she cries when people get mad at her. Make it make sense. In her head, it’s clearly always got to be somewhat about her, hence her “balance” bullshit. No, Sarah. This can’t be 80% BLM and 20% mAkInG TeEnAgE GiRLs HapPy. Right now, we all must be 100% in it. We must be using 100% of our privilege on 100% of black lives. The fact she wants to divide the percentages shows how bleeping privileged and ignorant she is, and how everything must be even a little bit about her and how she feels.

How can no one else see through her bullshit?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
DJTigerlily (Aussie DJ/Influencer) also supporting Sarah’s activewear...
Goddam these white/thin/privileged/straight Instagram women say they are now in solidarity with black lives matter movement and then they have only ever supported other white/thin/privileged/straight women in their Instagram bubble. They are honestly all as bad as each other.

Reactions: 7
I know! I’m so impressed! I forgot most websites usually don’t like 3 minutes to load each thing.

I still can’t believe how badly she’s missing the point. If she did just want to keep spreading her “love and happy vibes” because that’s what her followers want, then she should of just done that. The half arsed, following the trend, black square post when she clearly doesn’t understand, or what to actually participate in the meaning behind it, is crazy. How thick can she be that she doesn’t understand that is what people are complaining about. You don’t get to keep posting and living your life as normal but also post the black square so people think you’re doing a good thing. It’s one or the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Sarah, your silence today is very telling.

Privilege is thinking that something is not a problem because it does not affect you directly. You said you were sick of being called privileged, so stop acting privileged.

I urged you yesterday to do something powerful with your platform. Silence is the opposite of that. You are being weak. Your discomfort is showing.
Give voices to other people of colour whom you claim to know. Highlight their accomplishments. Showcase their businesses. Direct your followers to their pages. Find the comments on your feed that taught you something new about this issue and highlight them in your stories.
Because posting a black square and saying you're 'trying' to understand isn't enough. You are not doing anything. This is the time to step up and show that your apology was sincere.

You have been accused of cultural appropriation in the middle of what can only be described as a global uprising against racism. Do something meaningful with your platform now. One insta-story saying you're sorry won't cut it.
Silencing your following by blocking and deleting their comments and then going quiet yourself shows that you have not understood the problem with your campaign and the reason people called you out on it.

This campaign was not a small misstep that everyone will forget about if you go quiet for a few days. This isn't like your other cock ups. Don't sweep this under the rug; it's too important a cause for you to undermine it.

You said you're a "sunflower" who wants to uplift your tribe. Uplift them. This is your chance. Invite the poppies and lilies and roses and daisies to come into your garden. Start understanding that there are "no thorns" as you claim, but only different types of flowers who deserve to bloom just as much as you do.

Do the right thing this time. I've spelled out what you should do and how you can do it. You don't have any excuses.

Reactions: 19
I have been trying to get on GG for days and haven’t been able to access Sarah’s thread. I feel we are a lucky bunch as there was never a lot of arguing between us as other threads. People could disagree with eachother in a civil manner.
I love how this hasn’t crashed, photos are easy to post and I can see every single one without constantly asking for them to be posted small (haha) and I never have to keep logging in! It’s so user friendly and I’m glad we are all here.
(Lurking_10 - I wish I could change my username here to match haha)

• Heart
(Lurking_10 - I wish I could change my username here to match haha)
You can change your username if you want, but only once I believe. There's a thread for that under Forum Business. Post there asking for the new username you want and it should be fine.

Edit: Sorry, I was wrong. I just checked and that thread is locked with a notice that no more names will be changed. Still, I like your username here :D

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I was pretty shocked by it to be honest. Not so much by defending her friend and having a different opinion but using the black out square to tone police and to defend a privileged white influencer I found to be in just extremely bad taste.

Now THIS! Is a Sarah I can get around. One that doesn’t say a fuckin thing all day. Bliss!

Probably having insta story withdrawals from not listening to herself talk all day or use the phrase “I’m not complaining, but..”

Echo everyone’s sentiments, tattle is dope.

Love the thread title so much!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.