Sarahs Day #2 Cultural Appropriation x P.E. Nation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she going to actually APOLOGISE to every single person she offended by the inital campaign, every follower she blocked and deleted comments from trying to educate her 3 weeks ago when this first started? She is full of tit. Only doing this now because she has realised how much damage she has done to PR wise.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
Is she going to actually APOLOGISE to every single person she offended by the inital campaign, every follower she blocked and deleted comments from trying to educate her 3 weeks ago when this first started? She is full of tit. Only doing this now because she has realised how much damage she has done to PR wise.
And only donating because she’ll have to buy a new car otherwise. I mean it’s a step in the right direction again but she’s proven time and time again that her actual attitude doesn’t match what she continues to claim it does so only time will tell.

She’s also taking forever to put up a video story so she’s obviously being very considered and picky with her words and changing and cutting parts.

Reactions: 10
Conspiracy theorist in me - but, didn't her eyes look a little puffy and red like she had just been crying before those stories? What if sponsorships reached out about pulling their money? HEY, I'm all for everyone turning a new leaf and it's never too late to right a wrong, but with Sarah it always ends up being self-serving in some way. Maybe I'm crazy. I did show my fiance and he agreed her eyes looked fresh from crying (especially in the first 2)

Reactions: 17
So at least her money will be put to good use....if she actually donated. And just as an FYI, no one expects you to solve racism Sarah.

But otherwise I call bullshit. What she needs to do is address the hate that she has allowed to sit on her platform. She needs to apologise and unblock people who were trying educate. She needs to state and show how her education has led to the actions that she will take to create positive change. I say this openly now because I know it will never happen.

Another example of public vs private actions.

Reactions: 11
I just find it odd that she thought everyone loved each other and there was no racism or conflict in the world.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Hi Sarah, thanks for reading here. Everyone who has posted would love to get some credit for giving you some free PR advice during this difficult time. Please mention buying some educational children’s books if you would like to acknowledge strangers from the internet have educated you more than your self, you family and your local community put together. 👏

• Haha
I just find it odd that she thought everyone loved each other and there was no racism or conflict in the world.
I just find it odd she praised and "hearted" every IG comment saying "it's so dumb you had to scrap the campaign. They're just braids!" and she didn't feel in these stories an apology and retraction was necessary. Instead we get "I found this braids video iNTeReStInG."

Reactions: 18
I found her through a random suggestion on YouTube when I was watching a make up tutorial.
this was back in the day of her living with her folks and in her single bed. She was pretty raw and vibrant which I liked and as a lifestyle blogger in found a lot of her health issues similar to mine.
When she became a lot more fake and self centred I stopped watching but continued to follow her on Instagram. And look I’m all for natural and healthy options and remedies but when she started to go to extremes and seeing her influence on young people (I’m 37) I thought no, this isn’t right and this isn’t healthy. Plus as someone that’s been dealing with an ED for many years she is very triggering.
I'm so glad I'm not alone. I had been feeling so foolish for falling into her trap. I'll be 34 in August and I have always been a bit embarrassed that I fell for her manipulation when I should have known better since I'm older than her target age group. It makes me feel better that I'm not alone and you're close to my age. But I hate that she has negatively affected you and so many others. I'm so sorry you've dealt with an ED. I was anorexic and had an exercise addiction for 7 years (age 17-24), so I understand the hell that it is. I started to relapse watching her content as her own eating and exercise disorder is very triggering. It induced such extreme feelings of guilt and shame. That's when I knew I had to unsubscribe. Her content is harmful amd damaging.

Reactions: 8
They had posted the sell price from when it was built (can’t remember what year) my uncle got around 3.8 mil selling it I think around 2011, so with inflation and the upkeep it would have sold for over 4, it was sold to a “private” buyer meaning they don’t tell you how much it sold for anywhere or to who. High price for the area but definitely not unreasonable:)
Hope I didn’t come across rude... just wanted to add that in as I spoke to my cousins about it at Christmas :)

ahh okay, nah not coming across rude! 🙂

how strange though, because this is what Domain shows for the selling history for her place...

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Yes! It's fascinating in a disturbing way lol. Actually, how did all of you stumble upon or find Sarah? Was it on YouTube or Instagram? I found her when searching for hormonal acne videos on YouTube. Then I got pulled into her Instagram.
When I started going to the gym I watched a lot of fitness videos on Youtube and got a recommendation for a legs workout by Sarah. After the video I thought nopeee that's way too intense for me and never thought much of her again.

On GG I used to go into the fitness section to read about other influencers but noticed Sarah's thread was always active and at the top so clicked in out of curiosity. Been addicted to the mess ever since 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The shameless girls talked about Sarah and cultural appropriation in their podcast. I hope sarah listens to it
Skip to 28:20 they start to discuss it
I’m glad they finally got the guts to start calling out influencers like Sarah again, it was nauseating during the last scandal when they refused to call her out and basically defended her 🙄

I am glad and feel very relieved as a woman of color that she has acknowledged that 1) racism is rooted deeper than intent 2) she has white privilege 3) brought up braids 4) has become aware that indigenous Australians have similar experiences of racism as Black people in America

What was most triggering for me about this situation was the sheer amount of ignorant and/or racist followers she had, and that pretty much no other influencers have directly called her out (like even Abbie deleted her story). While Sarah still has a lot to learn, I won't criticize her for starting from the bottom, especially because that is where so many of her followers are at. I'm glad she addressed those specific things, rather than continued with the "everyone is equal!" narrative.

I will continue to call her out and hold her accountable, but I also want to acknowledge what she has done right.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Posted the same thing on reddit but I’m putting it here too.

How dare she come back on Instagram and talk about it at all after blocking POC and deleting educational comments?

She gave up the right to be an ally as soon as she silenced people.

This is 100% to save face because she can’t get away from it now.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Conspiracy theorist in me - but, didn't her eyes look a little puffy and red like she had just been crying before those stories? What if sponsorships reached out about pulling their money? HEY, I'm all for everyone turning a new leaf and it's never too late to right a wrong, but with Sarah it always ends up being self-serving in some way. Maybe I'm crazy. I did show my fiance and he agreed her eyes looked fresh from crying (especially in the first 2)
Yes I thought that too, that she’d been crying. And completely agree with people changing and accepting what they have done wrong, but in Sarah’s case we have seen it time and time again, I have no sympathy for her.
I also felt that insta story she just did was so fake. Going into damage control

Reactions: 5
I
I'm so glad I'm not alone. I had been feeling so foolish for falling into her trap. I'll be 34 in August and I have always been a bit embarrassed that I fell for her manipulation when I should have known better since I'm older than her target age group. It makes me feel better that I'm not alone and you're close to my age. But I hate that she has negatively affected you and so many others. I'm so sorry you've dealt with an ED. I was anorexic and had an exercise addiction for 7 years (age 17-24), so I understand the hell that it is. I started to relapse watching her content as her own eating and exercise disorder is very triggering. It induced such extreme feelings of guilt and shame. That's when I knew I had to unsubscribe. Her content is harmful amd damaging.
I hear ya hon. Definitely not alone.

Reactions: 2
Yes! It's fascinating in a disturbing way lol. Actually, how did all of you stumble upon or find Sarah? Was it on YouTube or Instagram? I found her when searching for hormonal acne videos on YouTube. Then I got pulled into her Instagram.
I actually used to watch vlogs by a beauty/lifestyle youtuber called Cambria Joy, she actually gave Sarah a shout out in one of her videos, and so I started watching Sarah on her recommendation. This was right around the time she broke up with her ex.
I remember at the time finding it odd that she didn’t reciprocate and recommend Cambria or at least thank her. That should have told me everything I needed to know about her!
But I’m ashamed to admit I fell for her act hook line & sinker. She seemed like a breath of fresh air at the time when IG and YouTube was saturated with bikini fitness models on macro diets and all that tit. I liked her ‘listen to your body’ mantra and I even bought her first e-book. That’s when it went downhill for me, the e-book was tit, boring and ineffective and then I realised she wasn’t ‘listening to her body’ at all, she was just listening to her ED.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.