Sarahs Day #1 Filthy Sezzy, Absent Kezzy & Exploited Fezzy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fact that she's taken so long to do anything makes it seem like she's only doing it because she feels she has to. That it will hurt her business/public image if she doesn't do anything.

Reactions: 3
I agree and had to laugh when I saw the most obvious means of fundraising was the one that took her days to put together. But it's money going to a worthy cause and her fund raising efforts are more reasonable this time - it's a move in the right direction.

While I'm glad she's doing something, it seems ludicrous that it took her so long and that she hyped it before announcing it. And really, it's not right that she's promoting her e-book off the top of this ("if you already have it, buy it again and gift it to your friends" :rolleyes:).

This is a time for everyone to do their bit for a greater cause, not a time for marketing schemes that increase your reach and boost your social media numbers (if your friends haven't followed her, they will when you gift them her ebook to raise charitable funds). Talk about a total lack of integrity and scruples! :sick:

If I worked on her team, I would have advised:
1) Keep it clear and simple with direct links to the 3 biggest charities on the ground right now (eg: fire service, animal rescue, red cross) so that all donations are not funneled through her but go directly where the money is needed. This is the quickest and most effective way to donate in a crisis.
2) If she insists on linking it to one of her scam products, I would have made her say that she will personally match funds raised off of her e-book sales. A little self-promotion can be offset if she were willing to put her own money in along with her fans'.
3) Ordered her to stop talking about her bloody house renovations whilst people are literally watching their homes and earthly belongings burn to the ground!

Good thing I don't work on her team as I might actually make her look like a half-decent human being. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
Wow! Raised all that money and no one is pointing out, it’s just on the sales of her over priced (I believe 55.00 +20% each) e-book!
yeah Sarah you “raised” all that money; but that’s your followers money, not your money.
She will probably take some kind of profit, I know she said no but come on it’s Sarah. And then do some kind of business write off tax break. **im trying to upload thescreenshot of her insta post but it won’t let me, saying it’s too large**

3) Ordered her to stop talking about her bloody house renovations whilst people are literally watching their homes and earthly belongings burn to the ground!

Good thing I don't work on her team as I might actually make her look like a half-decent human being. :ROFLMAO:
I mean the least she could do while peoples homes are literally burning down, she is doing renovations to hers. Like burning down vs frivolous renovations. Look at that comparison. Come on!!
And 200k in one day by selling her ebook, so how much do we think she makes normally if she can pull in that much “ whether it’s for donation or not”. Just imagine the massive chunk she is cash out her cash cows with on her copy cat cooking ebook.

Last edited:
Wow! Raised all that money and no one is pointing out, it’s just on the sales of her over priced (I believe 55.00 +20% each) e-book!
yeah Sarah you “raised” all that money; but that’s your followers money, not your money.
She will probably take some kind of profit, I know she said no but come on it’s Sarah. And then do some kind of business write off tax break. **im trying to upload thescreenshot of her insta post but it won’t let me, saying it’s too large**
Yes I'm getting suspicious now whether she will fully do the right thing. Some GG users noted she took down the screen shot of her sales tracker...just makes you go hmmm. Not to mention that she's normally on her IG stories incessantly talking about the most mundane stuff, when arguably the biggest accomplishment she has used her platform for gets barely a mention in comparison. Also check out her feet in that photo lol.

It hurts to see what was already a nice home gutted, just to fit into her bland aesthetic. So wasteful.

Reactions: 4
CAE5DEEB-319D-4AA0-B80F-54A80B086A3E.png

2 rings ( an engagement ring and a wedding band) surely they are already married and will justhave a huge sponsored celebration later eh

Reactions: 2
I think Sarah may be lurking on this thread also now...the timing of the ring debunking is awfully suspicious 🧐
Oh she is. And I still don’t believe her answer.
sarah would love nothing more than to pop into a shop and people call her a wife looking at the two rings and her baby on her hip.
She is just saying she isn’t so she can have some fabulous instagram able wedding that’s fully sponsored and she’s get too much heat for it if they admitted they married prior to baby for religious reasons

The $1 donation debacle was horrible enough but this takes it to a whole new level. There is simply no way that she could have raised $200k based off sales of an ebook that is over a year old, when her audience for that ebook would've already been bled dry the first time around. That she won't post receipts as apparently promised should already be suspicious.

But beyond what we've already covered here and in the other thread as being obviously heinous, it's the way she places herself at the center of this national disaster when she is blissfully unaffected by it. Absolutely no one asked whether she had fans emailing her telling her to keep up her self-absorbed stories because it's a "distraction". People who have been evacuated and lost their homes are scared, angry, and confused. All of their inner resources are going towards getting their essential physiological needs meet: Food, water, shelter. They are not thinking about checking Instagram to see whether Sezzy's posted another sponcon life update. That is pure imagination that could only be dreamed up by someone who's decided they have a stake in garnering personal rewards from other people's tragedy.

So that's where we're at now, that's who we're actually dealing with. Someone who seriously does not care. Not about anyone else's circumstances, not about her hubby, not about her baby - solely about herself.

I had a bit of empathy reserved for her in all this because of her obvious eating disorder and the mental health issues that are typically part and parcel with that, but the worse she behaves when it's got nothing to do with that, the clearer it becomes that she's just a little bleep.

• Heart
Oh she is. And I still don’t believe her answer.
sarah would love nothing more than to pop into a shop and people call her a wife looking at the two rings and her baby on her hip.
She is just saying she isn’t so she can have some fabulous instagram able wedding that’s fully sponsored and she’s get too much heat for it if they admitted they married prior to baby for religious reasons
I agree and the fact that she felt the need to respond, makes me believe that they're married even more. She's had the ring for over a month and couldn't get it resized in that time?

But beyond what we've already covered here and in the other thread as being obviously heinous, it's the way she places herself at the center of this national disaster when she is blissfully unaffected by it. Absolutely no one asked whether she had fans emailing her telling her to keep up her self-absorbed stories because it's a "distraction". People who have been evacuated and lost their homes are scared, angry, and confused. All of their inner resources are going towards getting their essential physiological needs meet: Food, water, shelter. They are not thinking about checking Instagram to see whether Sezzy's posted another sponcon life update. That is pure imagination that could only be dreamed up by someone who's decided they have a stake in garnering personal rewards from other people's tragedy.
It's just pure narcissism to believe that people in such circumstances would still be thinking about her. Also, she's stopping her sales an hour early than advertised because of her super busy day. Her ebooks cost her literally nothing to produce. If you were excited about all this money you were raising for charity, surely you would extend the time instead of reduce it?

The caption of her ad with the other influencers is so damn smug. I don't know if they've all done the same caption or not but sheesh... "they've done the research". If those are the IG influencer approved charities, then all they need to do is frequently post the links. Sadly the trouble with tragedies like these, is people use them to scam money or self promote. They've set up a gofundme this far in to advertise directly how much money they've raised to promote themselves. If you want to make sure your money goes where you want to it, it's just as easy to jump on the organisations website and donate directly.

• Heart
EC0D14E5-59E0-402E-8EEF-55C08DC48905.png

surely she can’t be for real?
I PLEDGED??? You did nothing but promoted yourself and your ebook.
LOOK WHAT WE RAISED TOGETHER ??not a single dollar of that is what you payed into. This was all entirely others money.
This girl is taking all of the credit and literally doing none of the work.

fundraising screenshot.jpg

I also posted this on GG that the math doesn't add up.

7205 units sold makes the average cost price sold is roughly $54.36. This doesn't make sense regardless of whether not her bundle deal was counted as 1 or 2 sales. If it was 1 sale, the average would move slightly higher. If it was two sales it still should be basically $55.99. What would make the average be less is sale items that were sold for less than $55.99. I know it's not far off, but it does signal that something is not right.

I'm also suspicious that the donation total is covering the amount of unique visitors.

I'm so far behind and I need to catch up.

The only thing I know from a quick skim read is that she's raised almost $400k but then covered up the number of Unique Visitors on the site, which is highly suspicious and a rather obvious attempt at skewing the numbers.
I suppose she's using her total overall sales from the ebook, not funds raised in these 3 days then. :unsure:

Even so, if she actually donates the entire amount that she's ever earned on the e-books all these years, that would be amazing! Of course, she would never, ever do that. So it doesn't make sense at all.

I don't think she can fake an amount and then not follow through with the donations. There are legal procedures in place so people cannot scam in the name of charitable donations. She's going to have to give what she's claimed to have raised, but how do you explain that much money in 3 days, when traffic dropped day2/3.

Am I the only one confused? LOL

• Heart
Yeah it all just doesn't add up somehow.

I'm going to need to see her in person handing some cheques to each charity, not some receipt screenshot that can be edited, to believe she's following through appropriately.

Credit to the awesome old thread user who captured these! I can't find them on her stories so I think she's since deleted them...?
In the midst of a selfless act, our pRiNcEsS has accidentally shown her true colours. Bitchy through and through. Could she not have worded this in a more polite manner, given that these people who haven't received the ebook are the ones whom she has to thank for the success of her fundraising efforts?

Hah, TL just auto corrected my mention of the other board to 'old thread'. I had no idea we couldn't mention them here. I'll be careful moving forward.

Attachments

• Sick
Here's what I think about Sarah's ranting the other day about haters. 1. That instead of focusing on the positive on how the fundraising was going, she was drawing attention back to herself and what she was going through with "haters". 2. That it was a justification from when she said with the $1 stuff that "If I do a $1 activation I get hate. If I donate 100% I'll still get hate," to show that no matter what she does she gets hate, thereby lessening the labang disaster. 3. People raising inconsistencies and exposing lies and poor behaviour are not automatically haters. Just because someone disagrees with something you've done and calls you out, doesn't make them a bully. I do think some comments on "other threads" could be construed as bullying, however a lot of it is clearly pointing out lies, hypocritical behaviour, disordered behaviour all of which can affect young impressionable followers, and seeing as any comment not bowing down to the altar of sezzy gets deleted, I think it's valuable to have a place where these things can be aired, it might benefit some young person who worships sezzy and who is feeling confused or going through a difficult time.

Now, about the influencers' IGTV video. It honestly made me feel a bit sick to my stomach. A bunch of self-aggrandising people acting like the saviours of the world. And I actually follow some of those people (plantproof and elsaswholesomelife). It made me sick of the whole influencer lifestyle and regime. Nearly all of these people have lives that would have a higher than average carbon footprint, with travel and products produced. I think it's time for influencers to put their money where their mouth is and start informing their followers how they offset their carbon footprint when they travel, to live a conscious lifestyle that doesn't promote consumerism, and to produce only products that are ethically made and environmentally friendly. If they can't do that, then how can they speak from any place of authority on these issues of fires/climate change. I want to see these changes. I would love to see them.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Jakame Brilliant post! Agreed on all fronts!

I really can't make up my mind about this fundraiser.
I wish people had donated directly to the charities, but I understand that sometimes it's appealing to get something (ebook) in exchange for a donation.

And the numbers don't make sense at all. :unsure:
I suppose she has enough clout to pull off a lot of sales quickly (given how quickly her expensive activewear kept selling out) but something feels off.
It says a lot about who she is, doesn't it? That even if she has done this as she's claimed and raised all that money for a great and worthy cause, none of us (on either board) can fully trust it. She's lied throughout her career and shown no integrity whatsoever, and the pay off now, ironically, is that in this one instance she may be telling the truth, this amount may well be accurate, and her feelings about the fires genuine- but nobody can trust her enough to accept it.

Of course, the juxtaposition of their home renos is making it all very jarring. It makes the crocodile tears about the bush fires even more glaringly obvious. She didn't care because she's not directly affected. She pretended to care because it would bring her more fame.

Gah, I keep trying to accept this as a good deed done right for once but my mind is reminding me that everything Sarah does is a PR stunt.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Jakame Brilliant post! Agreed on all fronts!

I really can't make up my mind about this fundraiser.
I wish people had donated directly to the charities, but I understand that sometimes it's appealing to get something (ebook) in exchange for a donation.
I feel the same. I was even thinking about my post above re the IGTV influencers video. I rewatched it, and it didn't bother me as much the second time. I'm still currently evacuated, unable to return home, my husband's still out there fighting the fires, Friday is supposed to be another bad day for our town, and I think I may be a bit stressed right now, so things feel out of proportion perhaps, although I stand 100% behind their lifestyles/promotions/carbon footprint needing to change etc. I always want to be a fair-minded person. I have no doubt that at least some of these people do care about what happening and want to do good (I have no idea whether Sarah is one of those people).

I think it's hard because generally an influencer's life is all about self-promotion at the end of the day. Their job is literally to promote themselves/their lifestyle/their or someone else's products. So it's hard to see this as not just another self-promotion. We watch/follow these people because we might find tips or ways of living that we want to do as well and it's a good way to see how to do it, or we might follow because we find them genuinely interesting or entertaining, (and occasionally we hate watch because it's so unbelievable and out of touch that we're fascinated to a degree and/or want to expose truth about matters). But then a national tragedy comes along like this and I do, I also feel very conflicted about their role in all of this. I think at the end of the day it's awesome if they're raising money, it's just difficult to see it as not just another self-promotion from some of these people.

I definitely agree with the whole influencer is self-promotion and that it is there job. And if they want to use that argument then they need to own it. If it is their job, they cant delete comments they deem as negative or mean or bullying or whatever. To me thats the equivalent of a company deleting negative customer product reviews in the online review section.
I find alot of influencers are all "this is my happy place online" "I dont want negative around my happy place" but thats not what it is. that is their business. They cant play two sides of the coin. They make bucket loads of money off of being an influencer, but they can't pull the this is my life card, and also this is a business card.

Sarah as well as many others delete comments and it truly is a false sense of image. It allows their audience, new or old, to only see positive reviews on their product and nothing negative or even something that is just in the middle an "its just an okay product" review.

Influencers are such manipulators that they have curated a perfectly positive image when in reality nothing is perfect, they claim both sides of the coin on the this is a business and this is my life/there is a person behind the comments storylines.

Reactions: 7
Linking this article as the ACCC has set up a line for people to report scammers and people committing fraud around the bushfires. Just a friendly reminder whilst our lurker hasn’t made mention of when/how she will be doing the actual donations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.