Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're all very excited to see what she'll post next!

full.jpg

"I've had several DMs about Castrol GTX and anti-rust treatments"

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I wish you could buy bots to post the same thing
100 times a day
“I love your glasses, where are they from?”

• Haha
Reactions: 37
It's a ploy to drive up preorders of her book. She's going to switch from baked potatoes to instant mash! It'll sell like hot (potato) cakes!

EasygoingWelllitDodobird-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She's got 3 books in the pipeline, here's a cheeky preview:

* Stating the Obvious: 100 Answers to Questions No One Asked.

* From Journo to Influencer: Pretty Ironic

* Maintenance Shag for Dummies.

I hope she packed a baked potato
This was the last message she sent her Insta followers as she left for Paris. That suitcase has potatoes in it.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Hidden gems in the French pharmacies. About 20 years after everyone else
May be showing my ignorance here, but is there anything left that's not internationally available now? LRP, Caudalie, Klorane etc is everywhere these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It was a different Murad product in the video she took down. Having looked up the range, I think it was 'Rapid Dark Spot Correcting Serum'.

The video, and her response to IG comments, was all about vitamin C when - as someone here noted quite quickly - the product didn't actually contain vitamin C. It seemed that her expert review had been based on the orange colour of the packaging.

As @blahblahblah85 says, when she took the video down she popped up in stories to say that there had been so many questions that she'd taken it down to re-edit it. We waited with interest to see how she could re-edit it to say something completely different from what she had said. It never of course reappeared.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
May be showing my ignorance here, but is there anything left that's not internationally available now? LRP, Caudalie, Klorane etc is everywhere these days.
There are definitely some French brands that wouldn't be available in the UK but I was thinking that 'hidden gems' would be more along the lines of stuff that has already been done to death such as the LRP or Nuxe or whatever. She ain't going to get any affiliates from anything that's only available in France!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
You can still get Bourjois in France, so maybe that.
I wouldn't count on her for finding hidden gems...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Last time I was in Paris (pre-pandemic) I noticed that some brands like LRP have more ranges there than they do here (I was carry on so was unable to buy anything which was a massive disappointment 😂 ). There are also brands that aren't available at all but like you say she won't be able to use them as affiliate links. Also noticed last time I was in Paris that everywhere is now super veggie / vegan friendly so any comments about them not understanding vegetarians are bollocks.
Sorry for silence as been super busy with work (don't know how Wali manages 5 jobs and 24/7 hair maintenance, I can barely manage one and minimal maintenance) but you've been making me laugh a lot, main takeaways from last few days have been: literally gobsmacked by her rudeness and downright nastiness and also totally gobsmacked by bollocks white jeans fat legs comment which is insufferable.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
They're all very excited to see what she'll post next!

View attachment 1063378

"I've had several DMs about Castrol GTX and anti-rust treatments"
What makes this tired influencer device so unbelievable with Sali is that she is SO bloody unhelpful to people in the comments. I can’t imagine she is any more helpful to those who dm her. She is so unhelpful (RUDE) to people who follow her and bother to comment on her content - does she really expect people to believe that she writes ‘articles’ or produces ‘content to help people!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Excellent point @Gold_7 , this is one of the many reasons I love this thread, the commentary is not just hilarious, it's actually insightful

Reactions: 12
It was a different Murad product in the video she took down. Having looked up the range, I think it was 'Rapid Dark Spot Correcting Serum'.

The video, and her response to IG comments, was all about vitamin C when - as someone here noted quite quickly - the product didn't actually contain vitamin C. It seemed that her expert review had been based on the orange colour of the packaging.

As @blahblahblah85 says, when she took the video down she popped up in stories to say that there had been so many questions that she'd taken it down to re-edit it. We waited with interest to see how she could re-edit it to say something completely different from what she had said. It never of course reappeared.
You are right, Aude, it is a different product altogether.

Interesting to see, though, that Sali's partnership with Murad leaked into her Guardian column. I believe columns are written two weeks ahead of publication, so her Guardian piece must have been written when she knew a commercial plan with Murad was in place; the Murad column came out soon after she produced the famous Murad serum on Insta.

Reactions: 9
You are right, Aude, it is a different product altogether.

Interesting to see, though, that Sali's partnership with Murad leaked into her Guardian column. I believe columns are written two weeks ahead of publication, so her Guardian piece was written when she knew a commercial plan with Murad was in place, the Murad column cane out soon after she produced the famous Murad serum on Insta.
There seems to be quite a lot of cross over between her editorial work and her promotional work. Difficult to see how that's acceptable.

Both the Guardian and the BBC - both of whom I've worked for in the past and always supported - have gone down in my estimation because of their, apparently, unquestioning approach to SH.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
There seems to be quite a lot of cross over between her editorial work and her promotional work. Difficult to see how that's acceptable.

Both the Guardian and the BBC - both of whom I've worked for in the past and always supported - have gone down in my estimation because of their, apparently, unquestioning approach to SH.
I know 🙄 The most shameless imo was Hershesons. There was a time she mentioned them about 4 columns in quick succession in The Guardian. And she gets free treatments from them 🤔
How can this be at all ethical.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
I know 🙄 The most shameless imo was Hershesons. There was a time she mentioned them about 4 columns in quick succession in The Guardian. And she gets free treatments from them 🤔
How can this be at all ethical.
Someone btl wrote that Sali's column used to be so much more than a shopping list. And this is so true. It's almost as if there are products she must plug, and the columns are written around them.

I used to be fascinated by her looks, for I too am a jolie-laide. I was drawn in, joined GTL, purchased countless unsuitable products etc. An eyelash curler she recommended swallowed up most of my eyelashes. I am blushing and close to tears as I write this, I feel so stupid. I blame my vanity and credulity.

Anyway, I now look carefully at beauty companies' marketing ways. Any product heavily advertised on Insta a no-no for me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.