Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d be very surprised if any of us here haven’t bought stuff they regret off of her recommendations. For example, I’ve now bought two body lotions that were not at all moisturising. Despite her apparently having the driest skin in the land. I honestly thought there was something wrong with my (very dry) skin, until I realised she simply doesn’t know what she’s talking about
Was it that awful Sugar Crush crap?

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Probably the Neutrogena!

I should say I have gotten some product recommendations I liked off her over the years. For balance. And I agree with her previous stance on how threading eyebrows can make such a difference. That stance has changed now she's all about the microblade

Reactions: 11
I had to look it up too. I love it when I learn new words/phrases. My dictionary wasn't so charitable: "a woman whose face is attractive despite having ugly features" 🤣
Literally ‘Pretty—Ugly’, which given her #prettyhonest tag has made me lol. (Not saying you’re ugly, Sali.)

Collins dictionary gives ‘woman whose ugliness forms her chief fascination’ which is delightful in its misogyny.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
btw I had to look up jolie-laide, @Crem'. I don’t think Sal would be happy with a description of ‘unconventionally attractive’ 😂 but it’s an education every day on here.
Oops...😒 I honestly didn't mean it as an insult. Glad to have introduced a new phrase for several Tattlers though I will rethink my use of the term.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Was it that awful Sugar Crush crap?
Yes, that was one of them, the other was neutrogena I think. I am always really amused when she talks about how the dermatologist told her she knew more than him, and should continue the good work. I’ve worked in Dr’s offices; this is code for ‘stop talking and go away if you think you know better, my waiting list is astronomical you utter idiot’

• Haha
Reactions: 34
That neutrogena gel stuff in the blue bottle that smelled like a whole fruit salad? Been there. Gave it to my sister after 2 uses.

Reactions: 6
Blushers, the concept of dehydrated skin, Philosykos, Tom Ford Portofino, cream eyeshadow, eyelash curlers, Neutrogena are all things recommended by Sali that I've benefitted from or like.

Amongst many other things, Ruby Woo, Mint Julip (sp?), and the idea that there's a red lippy for everyone were, to me, rubbish or not helpful.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Hiya! (😉)

coming out of the shadows of lurking to chime in with the wasting of hundreds of pounds on Sali (& Hirons, and the pixiwoo sisters for that matter) recommendations over the years. I bought pretty honest on my kindle and on audible. Bloody audible!! It was a lonely time in my life and it filled a hole I guess.

So anyway just sympathy from me. I bought Ruby Woo last year despite knowing better. It doesn’t suit me. And even though I knew better I thought my face was the problem. Or my teeth. Or whatever.

Oh and I stocked up on that bloody sugar crush moisturiser when Wali said it was being discontinued. I think this was last summer? Fool I am.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I bought both those moisturisers, and so much more, I feel like such an idiot. :oops:
I bought that Sugar Crush one, and it almost made me laugh it is so stinky and terrible at its one job

Oh and I stocked up on that bloody sugar crush moisturiser when Wali said it was being discontinued. I think this was last summer? Fool I am.
I know. She went on and on about how she'd never be without it and was stockpiling and I thought to myself, well, she ought to at least be right on this one as she has that icthy-whatsit condition. But hell no she wasn't. It's hands-down the worst body lotion I've ever tried

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
It makes you feel even worse, as women, our manufactured-by-the-patriarchy insecurities are exploited time and again by marketing strategy.

When a big sister/fun mate styled person or journo or columnist “in the know” further exploits this, it’s deplorable. You’re not on our team, and being a stick that the male gaze beats us with isn’t very sisterly, as they are fond of saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
At this point, she is the modern-day equivalent of a snake-oil salesman. Nice work, Sali, hope you are proud

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I was fuming when I was recalling the first few threads/freaky Friday and they were joking about it! That moron feebee or the dog walker scoffing that if Sali said buy an Audi would you *have* go and buy one

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Probably the Neutrogena!

I should say I have gotten some product recommendations I liked off her over the years. For balance. And I agree with her previous stance on how threading eyebrows can make such a difference. That stance has changed now she's all about the microblade
I’ve also got some good recommendations from Sali, which isn’t surprising really once you think about it. She recommends mostly mainstream stuff, the latest EL or Dior foundation for instance, which is bound to be quite good. Those companies have been formulating foundation for years and years and years as we are constantly informed by Wali. Their products are safe to recommend since they’ll inevitably appeal to the customers if colour and finish suit. They’ll hardly turn out to be bad as such and Sali is technically never completely wrong.
Not sure what I’m getting at here after rereading ??? 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I was fuming when I was recalling the first few threads/freaky Friday and they were joking about it! That moron feebee or the dog walker scoffing that if Sali said buy an Audi would you *have* go and buy one
Ah yes, Feebee the agony aunt.

• Haha
Did anyone else watch the foundation video? I was actually hysterical at the colour choices, and the rant about her being ‘right’, then she turns to the side to reveal a lily white neck and an orange face

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I bought both those moisturisers, and so much more, I feel like such an idiot. :oops:
Don’t feel like an idiot. Think of me with my Guerlain Meteorites Travel compact for the price of a small car and my medium sized stockpile of Becca Bloody Undereye Brightener which isn’t being discontinued after all. 🤬🤬 And the Becca happened last year, not way back in 2013 when I still thought Sali was the Oracle on all things beauty.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
That's interesting because they were two of Saint Sali's most devoted followers in Sali's FB group. Fee Bee came across as especially desperate to be Sali's friend. Even now she claps like a trained zoo seal every time Sali opens her mouth. Unusual hobby. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Sali pretends to be a feminist but she's on the patriarchy's payroll

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.