Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to use Benefit's Rebel Rebel tinted moisturiser which was fantastic for my dry skin, they then discontinued it. I was furious! I've just bought a small Eborian CC crem which is O.K and will have to do until I find a greasy tinted moisturiser like Rebel Rebel. I've got a MAC face and body one but don't really wear it so my daughter will probably have it as she's running out of her foundation.

Reactions: 5
Sali's on the Eurostar. I repeat, Sali's on the Eurostar. Prepare for ambush

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I used to use Benefit's Rebel Rebel tinted moisturiser which was fantastic for my dry skin, they then discontinued it. I was furious! I've just bought a small Eborian CC crem which is O.K and will have to do until I find a greasy tinted moisturiser like Rebel Rebel. I've got a MAC face and body one but don't really wear it so my daughter will probably have it as she's running out of her foundation.
I was thinking of trying the Eborian one when my IT runs out. But I probably won’t. I’ll probably just hit what I know already works, plus I can’t afford to buy products that might not suit me. If it ain’t broke an all that.

Reactions: 3
Merde! Do the French know she's a vegetariaaaaaaaaaaaaaan*?!?!

(*who wears parmesan and eats bags made of calf skin, but a vegetarian nonetheless)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Merde! Do the French know she's a vegetariaaaaaaaaaaaaaan*?!?!

(*who wears parmesan and eats bags made of calf skin, but a vegetarian nonetheless)
I hope she packed a baked potato

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I was thinking of trying the Eborian one when my IT runs out. But I probably won’t. I’ll probably just hit what I know already works, plus I can’t afford to buy products that might not suit me. If it ain’t broke an all that.
If you're near a Space NK they always give me tester pots if I want to try something.

I honestly wasn’t! 🤣

I’ve lurked on Sali’s threads on and off for ages but I did think I could trust her on melasma recommendations, which was what that Murad video was about and why I bought the serum. I saw she’d deleted it but didn’t ever find out why!

Others will remember more details. But I think from memory basically she was paid to promote the serum and in the video mentioned the benefits of vitamin c for the skin…an ingredient which isn’t in the serum! It was pointed out in the comments and the video was taken down. She had some vague stories saying it would be back up soon. But nothing ever eventuated.

I’m sorry it didn’t work for your skin 😞 has it healed up somewhat since?
Thank you! I was so disappointed that she removed the video as it was about melasma (which is why I bought the serum). I remember her saying she removed it because she had ‘so many questions’ to answer… 😒

My skin is fine now but that £80 serum taunts me every day! I gave up buying expensive skincare years ago, it was a moment of melasma-based weakness.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
If you’re a BP subscriber I recommend their TM it’s a pretty good dupe of the Bare Minerals one.

If you’re a BP subscriber I recommend their TM it’s a pretty good dupe of the Bare Minerals one.
Tempted to try it now. Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue is one of the few make up items I repurchase. I keep another higher coverage level foundation for nights out or anything slightly more formal, that I didn’t use for the last two years for obvious reasons. Most recently it was Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. Bit much for walking the dog though.

Edited to add - I know you weren’t talking about Complexion Rescue!

Reactions: 3
How are we supposed to get to Garde du Nor to intimidate her on a school night! Darn, foiled again. She knows some of us are teachers of children and can’t take time off mid-week!

Have a romantic time dragging Dan round Galleries Lafayette

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Strange to advertise the fact she is going Paris when she has made it so widely known how terrified she is of Tattlers following her there. Which she presented almost as fact.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
It kills me that you guys can just jump on a train and go to Paris. I can't overstate how jealous it makes me

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It kills me that you guys can just jump on a train and go to Paris. I can't overstate how jealous it makes me
And yet I imagine hardly anyone here actually has done that. I haven't anyway. When things are sort of on your doorstep you totally take them for granted and think you'll do it 'sometime'.
I wonder if we'll get a French pharmacy take from Sali. Or the vastly (in my book) overrated Sephora. Yay.

Reactions: 11
And yet I imagine hardly anyone here actually has done that. I haven't anyway. When things are sort of on your doorstep you totally take them for granted and think you'll do it 'sometime'.
I wonder if we'll get a French pharmacy take from Sali. Or the vastly (in my book) overrated Sephora. Yay.
I’m afraid I did it a few times when I lived in London. Not a fan of Paris, I have to say. Much prefer Barcelona or Berlin.

Reactions: 11
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.