Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking, I could forgive the crap product recommendations as everyone is different and some products will work brilliantly on others. What I can't get my head around however is Sali and her arbitrary rules. For instance, lip gloss is for teenagers and 'proper' lipstick is for women, according to Sali. But if you're aged 35 or over you shouldn't wear a matte lipstick. WTF! I'm over 35 and look absolutely rubbish in glossy or satin lipsticks, they do not suit me. Same with her insistence that there is a red lipstick for everyone. Not every colour works for everyone.

What is bizarre though is that she'll have all these arbitrary rules but will then make a big thing out of rejecting things that are usually known to be true and observable, e.g her insistence that she absolutely would not be changing up makeup following the drastic switch in hair colour. She seemed to make a really big point of it. Baffling

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I was thinking, I could forgive the crap product recommendations as everyone is different and some products will work brilliantly on others. What I can't get my head around however is Sali and her arbitrary rules. For instance, lip gloss is for teenagers and 'proper' lipstick is for women, according to Sali. But if you're aged 35 or over you shouldn't wear a matte lipstick. WTF! I'm over 35 and look absolutely rubbish in glossy or satin lipsticks, they do not suit me. Same with her insistence that there is a red lipstick for everyone. Not every colour works for everyone.

What is bizarre though is that she'll have all these arbitrary rules but will then make a big thing out of rejecting things that are usually known to be true and observable, e.g her insistence that she absolutely would not be changing up makeup following the drastic switch in hair colour. She seemed to make a really big point of it. Baffling
Not even 35! 30!!!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Her original ‘best at any price point’ moisturiser was the original neutrogena in the white bottle with blue on it. And that was really good, on me anyway. The new ‘best budget’ neutrogena isn’t nearly as good and the smell is an acquired taste (I took it on a lovely holiday with me and so the smell now reminds me of how great that holiday was). I think I was struggling to find the OG stuff so I keep buying the new all blue one.

She recommended the exfoliating moisturiser from soap and glory and I never got on with it. And the smell is so weird.

Reactions: 9
Ridiculous. So according to her there's a tiny window of time in which women can wear matte lipstick? Have you ever heard the like of it

I'd forgotten about that girls in the Robert Palmer video line. Yes how awful it would be to look like those absolutely stunning women 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Sali and her Smiths t-shirts and DMs :sleep: She thinks it was an act of rebellion, but it was just a uniform. Also, the 90s were all about a matt lip. That's when Poppy King took off. I guess she was too busy dumpster-diving and sleeping rough as a street urchin to notice

• Haha
Reactions: 23
btw I had to look up jolie-laide, @Crem'. I don’t think Sal would be happy with a description of ‘unconventionally attractive’ 😂 but it’s an education every day on here.
I first learnt of jolie-laide back in my teens, courtesy of the Judith Krantz book Scruples Two. She describes Cora Middleton de Lioncourt as one, and if memory serves, she also name checks Wallis Simpson as one too. Jolie-laide such a great descriptor, although not something I'd ever attribute to Sali.

Reactions: 11
I have loads, but that’s because I’m forever on the search for the perfect one. I think the Lisa Eldridge one is close
I am here for this. The new Chanel one is amazing on my skin and I got a great colour match.

EBE3589B-DE0D-4195-9114-6469BCB18277.jpeg

Does she think she is the Queen with this language….?

One is never underdressed with a red lip, (especially when dressing for Leonard 🤣)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Public touch-ups, fnar fnar!
The strangest contradiction with Wali is she’s often quoted as saying she’s always pleasant because you never know when you might meet someone again, or somesuch. She’s rarely pleasant.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Public touch-ups, fnar fnar!
The strangest contradiction with Wali is she’s often quoted as saying she’s always pleasant because you never know when you might meet someone again, or somesuch. She’s rarely pleasant.
But you just know she's a total sycophant with anyone she perceives as further up the food chain

OMG you guys, have you ever seen this before? Head and Shoulders and 'scalp is skin' gets a mention!

ugh there's that awful Sugar Crush again

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
New thread beefies!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.