Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What makes this tired influencer device so unbelievable with Sali is that she is SO bloody unhelpful to people in the comments. I can’t imagine she is any more helpful to those who dm her. She is so unhelpful (RUDE) to people who follow her and bother to comment on her content - does she really expect people to believe that she writes ‘articles’ or produces ‘content to help people!
I've DM'd her a few times in the past - often in relation to her putting question boxes in asking for feedback/questions etc and she has never even read any of them.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
An eyelash curler she recommended swallowed up most of my eyelashes. I am blushing and close to tears as I write this, I feel so stupid. I blame my vanity and credulity.
I’m sorry, @Crem’. You’ve really brought home how damaging all this is. As for vanity and credulity, I guess that could be applied to many of us on here, but I reject it (for all of us). For starters, at least we saw the light. But also, it’s human nature, that’s why the whole industry of influencing has been possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I’m sorry, @Crem’. You’ve really brought home how damaging all this is. As for vanity and credulity, I guess that could be applied to many of us on here, but I reject it (for all of us). For starters, at least we saw the light. But also, it’s human nature, that’s why the whole industry of influencing has been possible.
Thank you so much for these words, Disillusioned. x

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There seems to be quite a lot of cross over between her editorial work and her promotional work. Difficult to see how that's acceptable.

Both the Guardian and the BBC - both of whom I've worked for in the past and always supported - have gone down in my estimation because of their, apparently, unquestioning approach to SH.
The BBC let their presenters run rife promoting their personal commercial enterprises. Jo Good on Radio London gives out her handle constantly on air, luring listeners to her IG or YouTube vlogs to "see my new puppy" or "a chai latte I enjoyed with a friend". Her socials are in fact full of undeclared ads, aff links, partnerships etc. Vanessa Feltz recently joined Insta and is indulging in similar shamless self-promotion on both her BBC radio shows, if you go to her IG you'll find her tagging her dresses. Robert Elms gives out the website where he's seeking crowdfunding for a book.

Jo has had Sali on her show a few times, one time was not long after the Freaky Friday video; I came to Tattle after hearing that interview. On last night's show Jo was talking about trolls and mentioned a documentary she'd seen that featured a regretful troll, she didn't namecheck our Sali in this instance but I presume it was her doco that she was referring to.

Watching Inventing Anna on Netflix last night, my thumbs were getting twitchy during the prison-visit scene wanting to ask where she got her specs.

netflix inventing anna.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
The BBC let their presenters run rife promoting their personal commercial enterprises. Jo Good on Radio London gives out her handle constantly on air, luring listeners to her IG or YouTube vlogs to "see my new puppy" or "a chai latte I enjoyed with a friend". Her socials are in fact full of undeclared ads, aff links, partnerships etc. Vanessa Feltz recently joined Insta and is indulging in similar shamless self-promotion on both her BBC radio shows, if you go to her IG you'll find her tagging her dresses. Robert Elms gives out the website where he's seeking crowdfunding for a book.

Jo has had Sali on her show a few times, one time was not long after the Freaky Friday video; I came to Tattle after hearing that interview. On last night's show Jo was talking about trolls and mentioned a documentary she'd seen that featured a regretful troll, she didn't namecheck our Sali in this instance but I presume it was her doco that she was referring to.
I can't even hate watch Jo Good's YouTube channel, she's one of the most irritating women I've ever come across. Another one constantly banging on about how 'teeny tiny' she is. :rolleyes:

• Sick
Reactions: 11
The BBC let their presenters run rife promoting their personal commercial enterprises. Jo Good on Radio London gives out her handle constantly on air, luring listeners to her IG or YouTube vlogs to "see my new puppy" or "a chai latte I enjoyed with a friend".
I believe that this is very much against Ofcom code as it blurs the lines of advertising.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Are Avène and La Roche-Posey similar? Has anyone tried the thermal spring water, I'm curious what it does!
I've tried products form both brands. Some are good, some are meh. There are other "thermal water" brands such as Uriage or SVR (which I really like) that are nice.
You mean the water spray? It's nice in the summer but ultimately just that - water.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've tried products form both brands. Some are good, some are meh. There are other "thermal water" brands such as Uriage or SVR (which I really like) that are nice.
You mean the water spray? It's nice in the summer but ultimately just that - water.
I've tried both brands too but generally like LRP better - if you're in the UK it's often on offer at Boots. The water spray is nice but like @MakkaPakka says, it's just water but nice to spray on face (but a total waste of money) - although I should add that, even though it's not watermelon scented, I would absolutely not spritz it on a flight as this would be a nuisance to fellow passengers (Wali is unfortunately not so considerate and will spritz watermelon on you whether you want it or not)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
btw I had to look up jolie-laide, @Crem'. I don’t think Sal would be happy with a description of ‘unconventionally attractive’ 😂 but it’s an education every day on here.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh @Crem' - we’ve all been there, that’s why we’re here. Dig back right through thread 1 and see us all howling about who bought £40 scrunchies or appallingly unsuitable foundation, who was conned by the pillow talk lie and the acne boots, and the whistles jumpsuits. Contrary to Sali’s hard held belief that we are here to push her under the Eurostar or slag off Dan’s Willy, we are just a bit upset that she is a snippy conwoman and we have mostly wasted our money in good faith.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Oh @Crem' - we’ve all been there, that’s why we’re here. Dig back right through thread 1 and see us all howling about who bought £40 scrunchies or appallingly unsuitable foundation, who was conned by the pillow talk lie and the acne boots, and the whistles jumpsuits. Contrary to Sali’s hard held belief that we are here to push her under the Eurostar or hag off Dan’s Willy, we are just a bit upset that she is a snippy conwoman and we have mostly wasted our money in good faith.
We HAVE all been here. It was 2013-2016 for me, the golden years of beauty influencing and when I spent absolutely hundreds on skincare that made my skin look like tit. Sali and Caroline were the main people I followed back then.

Now I use a La Roche Posay FOAMING CLEANSER (for shame etc etc) and I use it DAY AND NIGHT along with SPF and The Ordinary serum. My skin is so vastly improved despite me being older and now a parent of small children. The hold Sunday Riley had over me makes me cringe now!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
How many foundations do you beef-faces tend to use regularly? It pissed me off in Sali's video when she said that she doesn't think any woman would only own one foundation. Well, I only own one. I like the way it makes my skin look, so why would I keep shopping around?
I have loads, but that’s because I’m forever on the search for the perfect one. I think the Lisa Eldridge one is close

Reactions: 11
I just want to agree with everyone else and say that yes we have all been there! I owned a *shameful* amount of lipsticks, it actually makes me cringe when I think of it. Many of those lipsticks sat unused for years as I always wore a small selection of the same ones over and over. I also owned multiple blushers and palettes. I feel sickened when I think of all the waste

• Heart
Reactions: 23
btw I had to look up jolie-laide, @Crem'. I don’t think Sal would be happy with a description of ‘unconventionally attractive’ 😂 but it’s an education every day on here.
I had to look it up too. I love it when I learn new words/phrases. My dictionary wasn't so charitable: "a woman whose face is attractive despite having ugly features" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
An eyelash curler she recommended swallowed up most of my eyelashes. I am blushing and close to tears as I write this, I feel so stupid. I blame my vanity and credulity.
I’d be very surprised if any of us here haven’t bought stuff they regret off of her recommendations. For example, I’ve now bought two body lotions that were not at all moisturising. Despite her apparently having the driest skin in the land. I honestly thought there was something wrong with my (very dry) skin, until I realised she simply doesn’t know what she’s talking about

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.