Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t feel like an idiot. Think of me with my Guerlain Meteorites Travel compact for the price of a small car and my medium sized stockpile of Becca Bloody Undereye Brightener which isn’t being discontinued after all. 🤬🤬 And the Becca happened last year, not way back in 2013 when I still thought Sali was the Oracle on all things beauty.
Oh those Meteorite things, will never forget the tantrums thrown on the forum when Guerlain changed the refillable compact

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was fuming when I was recalling the first few threads/freaky Friday and they were joking about it! That moron feebee or the dog walker scoffing that if Sali said buy an Audi would you *have* go and buy one
Ah yes those 'impromptu' twitter conversations. Having a good old laugh at people who revealed they had bought things as they trusted Sali, and regretted it. Nobody actually blamed her, just felt foolish for trusting an influencer. Sali at first did not seem like an influencer, which is why people took her recommendations at face value.
Not a reason to mock people I would have thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Ah yes those 'impromptu' twitter conversations. Having a good old laugh at people who revealed they had bought things as they trusted Sali, and regretted it. Nobody actually blamed her, just felt foolish for trusting an influencer. Sali at first did not seem like an influencer, which is why people took her recommendations at face value.
Not a reason to mock people I would have thought.
And I mean, these are the people calling trolling? If that isn’t trolling 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
The only 2 things I still have from her recommendations are Dove deodorant (so generic her recommendation really didn't matter) and the cheap Ikea flannels. I still have the reflex to check out the products she shills but I manage to stop myself from buying them by now.

Was it that awful Sugar Crush crap?
I bought that crap in the Boots 70% clearance sale once as everyone was going on about it and thought it was awful. So unpleasantly sticky, didn't scrub and stank to high heaven.

And having to clean out the bath afterwards!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I love my sister so just threw it away - like quite a few other things. 🤣
I asked! She already had a bottle and liked it for some reason.

I now use Nivea. Tried and tested. They don't need to shill. The product speaks for itself. I like boring and reliable (and cheap).

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh @Crem' - we’ve all been there, that’s why we’re here. Dig back right through thread 1 and see us all howling about who bought £40 scrunchies or appallingly unsuitable foundation, who was conned by the pillow talk lie and the acne boots, and the whistles jumpsuits. Contrary to Sali’s hard held belief that we are here to push her under the Eurostar or hag off Dan’s Willy, we are just a bit upset that she is a snippy conwoman and we have mostly wasted our money in good faith.
Urgh I’ll get done for moderating but there is a spoiler function if you are discussing anything unpalatable and Dan’s Willy meets that criteria

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Oh those Meteorite things, will never
Thank christ Crowd Justice didn’t exist then, they’d have sued Guerlain into submission.
and rightly so! A refill with normal face powder would make me feel a million times better about spending stupid money on the stupid meteorites.
😂🙈

I asked! She already had a bottle and liked it for some reason.

I now use Nivea. Tried and tested. They don't need to shill. The product speaks for itself. I like boring and reliable (and cheap).
Oh sorry I didn’t mean to suggest you hate your sister. Just felt stupid for buying that crap. 😬 As a matter of fact my sister bought her own bottle independently because the idea of a light lotion appealed to her. She couldn’t stand the smell either. 🤣
You can’t go wrong with Nivea!
That reminds me: Wasn’t someone asking about a greasy tinted moisturiser? Nivea do a really shiny one.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
This had actually made me think of all the things I bought recommended by Sali and what I actually like and still use and the only things are the Kiko Milano eye pencil (that @melfish didnt like), the Superdrug vitamin e cleanser and the Clinique tubing mascara that I use on my bottom lashes as I smudge terribly (I’m one of those ludicrous people who uses 2 mascaras). I also recently tried that L’Oreal True Match tinted serum that she wrote a press release column about and I really love it (but bought it on the strength of my friends recommendation not Wali’s). Oh and quite liked the Dove pro age moisturiser she recommended. That Soap and Glory moisturiser was vile. That’s not much is it? Everything else was either meh or actively hated it.

This had actually made me think of all the things I bought recommended by Sali and what I actually like and still use and the only things are the Kiko Milano eye pencil (that @melfish didnt like), the Superdrug vitamin e cleanser and the Clinique tubing mascara that I use on my bottom lashes as I smudge terribly (I’m one of those ludicrous people who uses 2 mascaras). I also recently tried that L’Oreal True Match tinted serum that she wrote a press release column about and I really love it (but bought it on the strength of my friends recommendation not Wali’s). Oh and quite liked the Dove pro age moisturiser she recommended. That Soap and Glory moisturiser was vile. That’s not much is it? Everything else was either meh or actively hated it.
Oh no, I liked it. My right eye didn't. Going to try again though, to make sure it was definitely the culprit

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve bought a few things on She Here’s recommendation that I like: the new(ish) Estee Lauder foundation, the Dove Pro Age body lotion, the Superdrug cream cleanser and the Beauty Pie body scrub are all good.

BUT I have also bought some rubbish that she recommended. That crap Ren eye cream that she devoted an entire column to springs to mind.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Urgh I’ll get done for moderating but there is a spoiler function if you are discussing anything unpalatable and Dan’s Willy meets that criteria
Actually snorted Hotes, I am SO sorry and my phone also capitalised it which I found too funny to correct.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I was fuming when I was recalling the first few threads/freaky Friday and they were joking about it! That moron feebee or the dog walker scoffing that if Sali said buy an Audi would you *have* go and buy one
During their unsubtly manufactured conversation/damage limitation last time (that we know of) SH messaged someone to tell them they were in need of help or similar (the start of the convo could be about anything and then when SH replies Feebee knows exactly what she's on about and doesn't ask "what's this?...what's happened?...". bleeping pathetic

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
That crap Ren eye cream that she devoted an entire column to springs to mind.
The placing of (an advertorial for) that appalling product in The Guardian was fishy as hell. Even the Ren website has some very negative reviews. Wali’s website revolted and openly hated it.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I had to look it up too. I love it when I learn new words/phrases. My dictionary wasn't so charitable: "a woman whose face is attractive despite having ugly features" 🤣
It's like the Liver Birds "ugly-handsome" if anyone else remembers that far back.

Was it that awful Sugar Crush crap?
I was had by that! 🤢 and a really shite niche conditioner which made my healthy but very thick hair feel horribly dry.

• Sad
  • Haha
During their unsubtly manufactured conversation/damage limitation last time (that we know of) SH messaged someone to tell them they were in need of help or similar (the start of the convo could be about anything and then when SH replies Feebee knows exactly what she's on about and doesn't ask "what's this?...what's happened?...". bleeping pathetic
That whole thread is cringe. So much projection!

The
They both entirely miss the point, flipping the onus on to her followers when it's Sali's deception that's the issue. As for that Audi straw man, that doesn't even deserve a response

That whole thread is cringe. So much projection!
Feebee and her desperation for Sali's approval. Reminds me of high school

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.